Another On3 thread.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Can't wait to finish the tuning. Me and Chris have conflicting schedules so this might go on for a bit lol. Good news is he is a cool dude and is helping me out. Soon that bov will be screaming.

johnny3gears

On3 Budget Turbo Club
Established Member
I'm terrified of going this route. My brother put the single on3 kit on his 07 GT and it made the loudest most obnoxious rattle I've ever heard all the damn time. So loud you could hear it down the street. Made crazy power though.

That's the only thing holding me back from this kit is I don't think I could handle any rattle after hearing his everyday. Could some of you with rattle take a quick vid?

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
If you have a little common sense and mechanical knowledge you can stop the rattle on this kit. Mostly using a bfh. I will fix everything in time but right now I'm trying to get tuned before the really crappy weather up here puts the car on the side line.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Regarding the rattle.

I dug into my drivers side a little yesterday and found that i had positioned the v band clamp so that it was resting on the frame rail of the car on that side causing some vibration.

Rotated the clamp clockwise a bit to create some clearance and now notice a huge difference. Much better.

As info... Check your clamps on the down pipes and double check they're not touching the frame rails.

johnny3gears

On3 Budget Turbo Club
Established Member
Ok, thanks. Second question, do I need to purchase the $500 maf kit to make it work? I'm guessing you do?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
No.

Go to the on3 website. They explain the revisions that were done to the latest kits.

MAF tube is larger now so no need for an upgraded MAF.

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
I need to check my passenger clamp it rests on the manifold. Maybe if I rotate it it'll get off the manifold. Mine rattles pretty much on start up only. And rarely during a normal drive.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
I got a shit load of rattles up until I go wot lol. When the snow comes I'm gonna handle that issue. Until then I'm gonna make it my mission to get tired of the turbo spool. Never gonna happen lol. The rattles are damn annoying though.

Users who are viewing this thread