Another On3 thread.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
Very nice! Did you stick with the spacer? I used the shitty wastegate clamps on the drivers side to avoid taking any more metal off the turbo. I'm still fighting an exhaust leak and thinking about using the spacer and picking up a set of real clamps

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Yea I used the spacer and copper rtv. I used the stamped steel clamp on the drivers side top of the waste gate for clearance. I think the key here is to get some real bolts for the clamps so you can get that shit real tight. I think my leak is from not tightening down the v band on the locker down pipe before I tightened the x pipe stuff.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
I just ordered a v band for my downpipe leak. I think it's a crappy v band. Grrrrrrr!!! Everything should be done Wednesday I hope. Then it's on to tuning.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
The pipes should line up and the flanges sit flush before the vbands go on. Lately it sounds like guys aren't getting things fully adjusted, and using the clamps to pull everything straight? That's hell on a kit..
Not saying that's what happened in this case, but it is a good general turbo system install practice.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
It was either that method or cut the downpipe to get everything together on the drivers side. The waste gate pipe was way off. For the lower section of the down pipe it lined up just fine. The issue with the v band was the v was too wide. So no matter how tight It was the clamp wouldn't pull the 2 pipes together fully. Or the flanges are too thin... In that case I have a solution too.

Last edited:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Took this week off work thinking I had so much to do, I was wrong. I was real bored this morning and Got pissed off and took a sledge to the problematic v band. It worked!!! No more leak. Car purrs like a kitten. Gonna let it cool down and start logging for Chris. Anyone wanna come over right now and help me bleed the brakes? Tomorrow my mbrp exhaust gets here, I'm so damn pumped.

Last edited:

MRSUPRA

Established Member
ON3 really needs to redesign the drivers side down pipe and manifold. I've had the same struggles like others. The downpipe simply does not line up with the turbo very well. (Not to mention the waste gate flange that hits the turbo).
I had tightened, loosened, adjusted, tightened, loosened, adjusted, tightened and the downpipe is still leaning against the shock tower. I even dented the downpipe with a hammer to create more space, and it's still tight.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
They all suck. My pass side hits the tower and drivers side hits the steering shaft.

Haven't had time to pull it all apart and "clearance" the pipes.

SMH

Nuar

Established Member
I say do it now while you're still in the setup phase man!
You will hate yourself later if shit goes south :p

I can't wait to see your car hit the street!

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Oh I'm out of setup phase now lol.
458bfed7d9d6131756437022da3d47c3.jpg

I'm ready to just get this car on the road. If there are issues il deal with that during the winter when the car is out of commission.

Nuar

Established Member
It's November... just sayin'

LOL just messing around. I hear you man. Damn that looks badass!

Looking forward to the final thoughts and numbers! :)

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
It's November... just sayin'

LOL just messing around. I hear you man. Damn that looks badass!

Looking forward to the final thoughts and numbers! :)

I know but there is no snow out yet lol. If I was back in Texas this wouldn't be an issue. And yes race red us the fastest color. The day I bought it I whooped up on a 1000hp zo6. It was crazy that a bone stock 5.0 was that fast lol.

Seriously though this car felt stronger than my 2011 m6 car stock for stock.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Got the piece of shit out of the garage finally!! Feels like I have solid motor mounts! So after tuning (if there is no false knock) I'm gonna pull the down pipes and beat them senseless with a big sledge. Gonna be a blast.
fffd605c6465d79ee3b8da61e47a38f6.jpg

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
Okay, mine rattles slightly SOMETIMES. The band from the downpipe off the turbo to the pipe that mates to the h pipe on my passenger side rests against the manifold itself. So I guess sometimes it rattles.

Users who are viewing this thread