Another potentially crippling storm coming to the North East

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
OP, how are things in Staten Island? I'm in Bensonhurst. Things are pretty bad about 15 min south of me (Coney Is, Sheepshead bay, etc). I work in the financial district. All the buildings were flooded and are closed until they can pump all the water out of the basements where the power and utilities reside. They're telling us at least 2 weeks and up to 2 months before we can go back.

The devistation here is unimaginable. There have already been 33 confirmed deaths and they keep finding more and more dead each day. All of the coastal homes here on S.I are completely gone...

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I am still waiting on pics of that truck with the stacks on it.

I assume it is all ready to go again if this one hits bad.

The devistation here is unimaginable. There have already been 33 confirmed deaths and they keep finding more and more dead each day. All of the coastal homes here on S.I are completely gone...

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
I figured we would get hit with a lot of snow this year since we have had relatively mild ones the past year or so.. were overdue... it is going to suck(as much as i like snow and all)

but only time will tell! and Either or, snow can at least be fun!

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I find it odd that earlier this week the local TV station was calling this potential storm a "coastal weather event". WTF is that suppose to mean? I immediately read into it as a possibility of another Nor-easter which they don't want to panic the sheep.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
I find it odd that earlier this week the local TV station was calling this potential storm a "coastal weather event". WTF is that suppose to mean? I immediately read into it as a possibility of another Nor-easter which they don't want to panic the sheep.

Sandy was not a nor-easter. But yes this storm on the outlook is a classic nor-easter.

Luigzz

Established Member

Damn. I'm in bensonhurst also. So thankful I wasn't closer to S.I. It was bad enough here. The worst we are facing is no gasoline.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
You fail because I never said I had stacks on my truck genius. Go troll somewhere else.
. You said your truck was lifted, then you said the water was "up to the windows" so either you exaggerated to get attention or just out and out lied. Because a lifted truck would never make it through water "up to the windows" without stacks. The fail is not mine sport.

keith89

Established Member
Damn. I'm in bensonhurst also. So thankful I wasn't closer to S.I. It was bad enough here. The worst we are facing is no gasoline.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

where in bensonhurst? I've been going to Coney Island and Sheepshead Bay the past few days to help out. It was terrible down there. 5-10 feet of water flooding the streets! You can tell all the cars parked there were under water. The amount of garbage on the streets etc and people beginning to gut their homes. It's unreal. I'm digging out some old work clothes(suits and shirts) to donate.

I'm trying not to drive much either. I almost got stuck on a gas station line trying to drop my friend off last night. Luckily I was able to back out. Otherwise I would have been waiting hours just to get out of the line.

keith89

Established Member
. You said your truck was lifted, then you said the water was "up to the windows" so either you exaggerated to get attention or just out and out lied. Because a lifted truck would never make it through water "up to the windows" without stacks. The fail is not mine sport.

he's not exaggerating on the water levels. We were cleaning seaweed, shells, etc out of my friend's 2nd story apt...

61mmstang94

Established Member
he's not exaggerating on the water levels. We were cleaning seaweed, shells, etc out of my friend's 2nd story apt...

No one doubts overall water levels. We can see than in the news, etc. it's the whole driving through it when it's that deep in question. :read:

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
tioga county. north central pa

You may get some snow from this system on thursday... it depends whether or not the precip field makes it that far west.

Wed-Fri arent looking to good right now. 24-36hr of rain, heavy at times, with winds peaking at 45mph gusts.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
You may get some snow from this system on thursday... it depends whether or not the precip field makes it that far west.

Wed-Fri arent looking to good right now. 24-36hr of rain, heavy at times, with winds peaking at 45mph gusts.

well since thats the last few days of archery season I expect crap weather lol

and yes ill be out hunting in that shit

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread