Another potentially crippling storm coming to the North East

Luigzz

Established Member
where in bensonhurst? I've been going to Coney Island and Sheepshead Bay the past few days to help out. It was terrible down there. 5-10 feet of water flooding the streets! You can tell all the cars parked there were under water. The amount of garbage on the streets etc and people beginning to gut their homes. It's unreal. I'm digging out some old work clothes(suits and shirts) to donate.

I'm trying not to drive much either. I almost got stuck on a gas station line trying to drop my friend off last night. Luckily I was able to back out. Otherwise I would have been waiting hours just to get out of the line.

I'm down on Bath Ave. I've been wanting to go help out but stupid me didn't heed warnings and fill up before this storm hit us. I was waiting in line last night at 2 am and finally at 11 am I was able to get gas. I was on low fuel already. And they didn't even allow me to fill up! I saw all the tow trucks and flat beds coming from sheepshead with a bunch of water damaged cars. Needless to say I'm low on gas again and I'm online to get more here on 4 ave at BP gasoline station on 65th. Madness just madness.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

keith89

Established Member
I'm down on Bath Ave. I've been wanting to go help out but stupid me didn't heed warnings and fill up before this storm hit us. I was waiting in line last night at 2 am and finally at 11 am I was able to get gas. I was on low fuel already. And they didn't even allow me to fill up! I saw all the tow trucks and flat beds coming from sheepshead with a bunch of water damaged cars. Needless to say I'm low on gas again and I'm online to get more here on 4 ave at BP gasoline station on 65th. Madness just madness.

I'm up on bay ridge Ave by the D. Luckily I don't drive much to begin with and filled up both cars before the storm. What do you drive? Maybe i've seen you around.

Luigzz

Established Member
I'm up on bay ridge Ave by the D. Luckily I don't drive much to begin with and filled up both cars before the storm. What do you drive? Maybe i've seen you around.

Loud exhaust 04 grey GT. I'm all over the place between bayridge and bensonhurst. You've probably seen me. Black and chrome lip bullitts cobra front bumper. DD lol.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks like up here they're forecasting 45mph gust on Wednesday night with a good amount of rain. Starts on Wednesday afternoon.

keith89

Established Member
Loud exhaust 04 grey GT. I'm all over the place between bayridge and bensonhurst. You've probably seen me. Black and chrome lip bullitts cobra front bumper. DD lol.

Yup i've seen you but only when driving my Focus lol. I have a black 03 cobra coupe. looks fairly stock outside. we should meet up sometime when the weather gets better or in the spring. Cobra is getting stored at my parent's on LI for the winter around Thanksgiving.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
Looks like up here they're forecasting 45mph gust on Wednesday night with a good amount of rain. Starts on Wednesday afternoon.

It looks like late wednesday to thursday evening will be the worst of it. If the storm doesnt cut off it should only have impacts for 24hrs with 12 of them being gusts over 40mph and rain. If the storm does cut off we could see 24hrs of bad conditions and 48hrs of impacts.
Wont have a better idea of this until tomorrow afternoon.

Planter

Banned
Sandy was not a nor-easter. But yes this storm on the outlook is a classic nor-easter.

Actually Sandy was a tropical-based storm/Hurricane that combined with a Nor'easter low pressure system, and then collided with an area of high pressure to create the Super Storm.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
So this morning north jersey had a 2.0 earthquake (not huge but not common here in NJ at all)
and now this storm..

Today's 12Z GFS run shows a horrible situation for the Jersey Shore. The storm stalls off Atlantic City for over 12 hours (from hour 60 to at least hour 72) with 30-40mph sustained winds and gusts to 60mph. Model image reproduced with permission from WeatherBell Analytics, LLC.
The storm is modeled here at 983mb just off the Delmarva Peninsula. For coastal regions, this means sustained winds of 30-40mph with gusts to 60mph+, 2-3+ inches of rain, and coastal flooding. For inland areas snow is likely in the higher elevations of PA, NY, and NWNJ. The rain/snow line is still very hard to predict at this point but I'm fairly confident this will be an all rain event for the coastal plain (everyone SE of I-95).

That is just peachy.. juuusttttt peachy

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
So this morning north jersey had a 2.0 earthquake (not huge but not common here in NJ at all)
and now this storm..

Today's 12Z GFS run shows a horrible situation for the Jersey Shore. The storm stalls off Atlantic City for over 12 hours (from hour 60 to at least hour 72) with 30-40mph sustained winds and gusts to 60mph. Model image reproduced with permission from WeatherBell Analytics, LLC.
The storm is modeled here at 983mb just off the Delmarva Peninsula. For coastal regions, this means sustained winds of 30-40mph with gusts to 60mph+, 2-3+ inches of rain, and coastal flooding. For inland areas snow is likely in the higher elevations of PA, NY, and NWNJ. The rain/snow line is still very hard to predict at this point but I'm fairly confident this will be an all rain event for the coastal plain (everyone SE of I-95).

That is just peachy.. juuusttttt peachy

Damn I didn't even know about the quake?

Luigzz

Established Member
Yup i've seen you but only when driving my Focus lol. I have a black 03 cobra coupe. looks fairly stock outside. we should meet up sometime when the weather gets better or in the spring. Cobra is getting stored at my parent's on LI for the winter around Thanksgiving.

Yeah you should store that puppy. This winter is gonna be crazy. Did you drive your cobra much this summer? I never saw a black one around here and I'm always on the lookout for terminators lol.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
Actually Sandy was a tropical-based storm/Hurricane that combined with a Nor'easter low pressure system, and then collided with an area of high pressure to create the Super Storm.

No, actually Sandy was a post-tropical system that was captured by a shortwave trough that moved eastward thru the eastern U.S. There was no nor-easter in there anywhere.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
As it looks now, and is most likey with nature of a nor-easter. LI and southeaster new england will get the worst of it, with winds and rain decreasing for NJ and eastern PA. Looks like right now there is a chance for wet mixed snow for Newark and areas west and northward... however best chance for any accumulation is in the Poconos IF the storm hugs the coast a bit... accumulation could be as much as 6-8" but likely less.

keith89

Established Member
Yeah you should store that puppy. This winter is gonna be crazy. Did you drive your cobra much this summer? I never saw a black one around here and I'm always on the lookout for terminators lol.

I take it out on the belt once in a while. But i usually cruise the south shore of LI. I didn't take it out much this summer because I was fighting cooling issues. Turned out my ccrm crapped out and only my low sped fan would come on. Then my fan cracked and burned out. It's all god now.

I wonder how bad this storm is going to be. Its definitely going to slow down the cleanup. They're saying at least another 2 weeks before our downtown NY office will be open.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
I take it out on the belt once in a while. But i usually cruise the south shore of LI. I didn't take it out much this summer because I was fighting cooling issues. Turned out my ccrm crapped out and only my low sped fan would come on. Then my fan cracked and burned out. It's all god now.

I wonder how bad this storm is going to be. Its definitely going to slow down the cleanup. They're saying at least another 2 weeks before our downtown NY office will be open.

Im thinking 1-3 days. for ~24 hrs the weather will likely bad enough that LIPA wont be able to work. The storm its self will probably cause another 1-2 days work of outtages:nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread