Another potentially crippling storm coming to the North East

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
snow. the large amounts will be more in the MA area though..

I know you have info.. If yours is more accurate please do post

I thought you might have met rain. Worst snow will be west of I-95 in PA, probably see 3-6" fall, but its going to be very wet, so if you walked out of your house after the storm and measured youd be hard pressed to measure out 5"... except for high elevations. Everywhere else will start as a mix, especially CT and northward(including southeast NY), however not much accumulation is expected, maybe 1-3", but I would guess most of that will be gone because the storm will end as rain for most. Lets just say if somewhere happens to get 13"... god hates them, lol.

I have a rain/sleet mix right now here like I expected, I also expect it will change over to completely rain with this next band that comes thru... and should stay rain throughout.

Last edited:

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
annndd we have the storm ATHENA a coming..

East coast is getting anywhere from about 3-12 inches depending on area.

Most parts effected by sandy will be getting about 3. Which may normally not be a lot but for people still without heat and power it sure is. Plus this will surely put a kink in some recovery crews work.

97cobra - any thoughts to this my NY brotha?

I had no idea the weather channel names winter storms now. Did they do that last year?

wht93gted

Established Member
They also don't know where Long Branch is. That's about 70 miles north of where it really is.

599822_10152268241555305_1054383032_n.jpg

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
already? really? what are you on laptop power ?

Posted from my cell phone. They got the power back in in 30 mins. It went out in 2 mins. Then they got it back on in 30 mins again. I dont think it was storm related. Lots of fire/police... someone could have hit a pole.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
As it looks now, and is most likey with nature of a nor-easter. LI and southeaster new england will get the worst of it, with winds and rain decreasing for NJ and eastern PA. Looks like right now there is a chance for wet mixed snow for Newark and areas west and northward... however best chance for any accumulation is in the Poconos IF the storm hugs the coast a bit... accumulation could be as much as 6-8" but likely less.

This forecast wasent too far off. Temperatures are about 2 degrees colder than previously thought. 2 Degrees is all it takes when trying to forecast snow fall. Forecasting winter precip rain/sleet/snow and amounts is one of the hardest things in meteorology. There are so many variables it is not even funny.

My94GT

Established Member
anyone getting any sleet or snow? its a lite drizzle of rain here in college park md. hope everyone up north doesnt get it too bad.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
As of right now there are some people claiming almost 6 inches of snow already. The snow is very heavy and wet and is laying on an already wet surface causing tree limbs to break and transformers to pop.. Quite a few towns have lost power already

With a possible but not confirmed evac of Brigantine in south NJ

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
Precip is going to start tapering off now thru the night. Not much snow expected after midnight.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
I thought you might have met rain. Worst snow will be west of I-95 in PA, probably see 3-6" fall, but its going to be very wet, so if you walked out of your house after the storm and measured youd be hard pressed to measure out 5"... except for high elevations. Everywhere else will start as a mix, especially CT and northward(including southeast NY), however not much accumulation is expected, maybe 1-3", but I would guess most of that will be gone because the storm will end as rain for most. Lets just say if somewhere happens to get 13"... god hates them, lol.

I have a rain/sleet mix right now here like I expected, I also expect it will change over to completely rain with this next band that comes thru... and should stay rain throughout.

I have no idea what to say. I can not believe how much snow we got... all because of 2 degrees in temp. I got 4" here on Long Island, and a couple places actually saw 13"! This storm moved 40 miles east and had almost zero rain it it. Only the very eastern part of Long Island even saw rain.
If this was January, this storm would have dropped 2' of snow!

Users who are viewing this thread