Another SHELBY in the WORKS??? It's a Shelby GT

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
GTWill said:
For about 5 sec. Then it's time to rebuild.

yes if you race for 5 sec every hour you will be fine.:D

pacotaco said:
Thanks for the response. However, I have to ask about "building an engine with aluminum"? IF another "shelby" came out that was N/A, what exactly would you be buidling? You'd do the normal bolt ons like the rest of planet earth, and then maybe add a cam or intake. But that's hardly "buidling" anything. That's "adding", and NOT buidling. Then add a blower to an inferior "blower ready" engine and you have recipe for disaster. Thanks for the comments though. I just didn't get the huge pro N/A, and now I do. Kind of.

when i said building i meant from the manufactuer. the 4.6 alluminum engine is the mach 1 is a lot lighter than the 4.6 in the 03/04 svt mustang. even though there the same size and type.
if you are worried about power dont. you can build a n/a engine with as much power as a blown motor. within reason of course. just look at the new amg. the amg went from a 5.5(e55) blown motor to a 6.3(e63) n/a with the same amount of power.
or do you just like modding? take a look at the z06 today. off the lot they are dynoing 450. lg added exhaust, cams, and heads and now they are at 650rwhp.:beer:

eci

Banned
pacotaco said:
Sorry to thread crap in my last post, but also, why is everyone into a N/A vehicle? The 03/04 SVT engines were superior to the Mach 1's. Just want to know why all the love for an N/A? Cost maybe? Personal opinion is there's nothing better than a "blown" car. But that's just me. Just want thoughts on the N/A engine worshipers. Not being negative, just curious.
pacotaco

How many NASCAR engines have blowers? None. If they did the race would last a few laps at most. Blowers create too much heat. They're great if you race 12 seconds at a time.

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
Oh come on. Nascar engines are antiques and belong in a museum! They use pushrods, carburetors, and mechanical fuel pumps for Gods sake!

Perhaps you forget that the original 1966 Shelby GT350 Mustangs had a option for a Paxton blower. I think to this day, they remain some of the quickest of the early GT350's.

TR03Mach1 said:
Oh come on. Nascar engines are antiques and belong in a museum! They use pushrods, carburetors, and mechanical fuel pumps for Gods sake!

Perhaps you forget that the original 1966 Shelby GT350 Mustangs had a option for a Paxton blower. I think to this day, they remain some of the quickest of the early GT350's.

Yea...and Nascar engines can sustain speeds over 160mph for a few hours. Hardly something that needs to be retired.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
take a look at the z06 today. off the lot they are dynoing 450. lg added exhaust, cams, and heads and now they are at 650rwhp.:beer:

It also doesn't hurt that it's equipped with 427 cubes. It's a helluva lot easier to make hp with more cubes. :beer:

Last edited:

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
01cobravortech said:
Yea...and Nascar engines can sustain speeds over 160mph for a few hours. Hardly something that needs to be retired.
Well shhh, don't tell the Indy car guys, hell they'll be wanting them for their cars! Nascar engines are old school so they can do stupid shit like restrictor plates. Mike Helton and the boys wouldn't know what the hell to do with OHC's, fuel injection, and computers.

eci

Banned
01cobravortech said:

Exactly, anyone wanna run their terminator at 7,500 RPM for 2 hours straight under load?

eci

Banned
TR03Mach1 said:
Well shhh, don't tell the Indy car guys, hell they'll be wanting them for their cars! Nascar engines are old school so they can do stupid shit like restrictor plates. Mike Helton and the boys wouldn't know what the hell to do with OHC's, fuel injection, and computers.

Do they have blowers? NOPE.

The point is, supercharging has only one place in racing and that's NHRA.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Captain Beyond said:
It also doesn't hurt that it's equipped with 427 cubes. It's a helluva lot easier to make hp with more cubes. :beer:

i am just saying it can be done. or in other words you do not need a blower to create 600+ rear wheel horsepower. that is the arguement correct? you need a blower to create decent power. thats why everyone is in love with them.:shrug:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
i am just saying it can be done. or in other words you do not need a blower to create 600+ rear wheel horsepower. that is the arguement correct? you need a blower to create decent power. thats why everyone is in love with them.:shrug:

I agree, :thumbsup: but all I'm saying is that it's alot easier to make hp with more cubes. In Ford's case, it's easier to make power with a blower on their small displacement engines. GM and DC have an advantage with their much larger cube engines.

Last edited:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
you have seen nothing yet!!! hint, hint!:D :lol: :coolman: :rockon:

Are you reffering to Ford's Hurricane engines? If so, then Ford will finally have the cubes again. :coolman:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
no, gm's new motors. new vette(600+), new camaro ss(550).

The vette might have 600 hp, but I seriously doubt the camaro will have 550. They still have yet to build it. And more importantly, they have to sell. I guess anything is possible. If that happens I'm sure Ford will counter with 600 hp in their GT500KR or whatever they decide to call it. It's a great time to be a musclecar enthusiast. I just wonder how long this could keep going on.

Last edited:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
I agree, but I also think that we ain't seen nothing yet from Ford. :beer:
The Mustang's future looks very bright. :coolman:
It's all good. Bring it on. Competition improves the breed. :rockon:

Last edited:

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
Captain Beyond said:
I agree, but I also think that we ain't seen nothing yet from Ford. :beer:
The Mustang's future looks very bright. :coolman:
It's all good. Bring it on. Competition improves the breed. :rockon:
Shit I hope so, it is time for Ford to step up, hit a home run and blow everyones mind! :rockon:

tvguy

eci said:
How many NASCAR engines have blowers? None. If they did the race would last a few laps at most. Blowers create too much heat. They're great if you race 12 seconds at a time.

Didn't a certain racing league "outlaw" turbos because they made "too much power"? They didn't want to see 240mph plus on the track? N/A 240mph cars no way, turbo absolutely. Don't knock forced induction. Face it, Ford doesn't have an engine to mass produce for the Mustang that will make an HONEST 350/400/500 hp and pass emissions. Chevy does. And has for some time. I see some points on wanting an N/A GT Shelby or whatever. But I liken it to the Mach1. A great car, with a great N/A engine/block, but when all is said and done, the blower ready engine from the GT500 or 03/04 Terminators is superior internally where it counts. Take your aluminum block and enjoy the weight savings. Won't help much when the blown cars pass you by.
pacotaco

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
pacotaco said:
Didn't a certain racing league "outlaw" turbos because they made "too much power"? They didn't want to see 240mph plus on the track? N/A 240mph cars no way, turbo absolutely. Don't knock forced induction. Face it, Ford doesn't have an engine to mass produce for the Mustang that will make an HONEST 350/400/500 hp and pass emissions. Chevy does. And has for some time. I see some points on wanting an N/A GT Shelby or whatever. But I liken it to the Mach1. A great car, with a great N/A engine/block, but when all is said and done, the blower ready engine from the GT500 or 03/04 Terminators is superior internally where it counts. Take your aluminum block and enjoy the weight savings. Won't help much when the blown cars pass you by.
pacotaco

turbos and blowers are two different subjects. your question was not about forced injection, it was about blowers. and yes blowers dont stand a chance on a road course compared with n/a. yes the gt500 could probably put up a better time than the 00r. but over the course of 30 minutes or greater the gt500 will be killed.

take you blower and be happy pacotaco. there are things greater in life than a trip down the 1320. you know little of true automotive performance. :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread