Another SHELBY in the WORKS??? It's a Shelby GT

chuckstang

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Chuck:

If anybody is going to be sucking ass it's going to be you asking to be unbanned. :idea: Now knock the shit off!! :nono:

Just defending myself, I mean my ass (IRS that is)
Sorry didnt mean to aggrivate you
you should be in a better mood now that you have your GT500 :p

chuckstang

Established Member
TR03Mach1 said:
Just a comment or two. Amy Boylan, President of Shelby Automobiles, just this week had a meeting with the Ford people in Detroit. Evidently there are already a couple of changes being made to the car, one is to change the GT fender badges so it doesn't look so redundant with the Shelby GT rocker stripe. She wouldn't say what they were being changed to, but my money's on the styleized CS Carroll Shelby intitials. The other is a check box option for.... a supercharger!

Quote obtained from The Mustang Source.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=51744

"2 more things...........
We will have a supercharger upgrade for the car and we are trying to have it ready so it's a "box chk" when you order

We have changed the fender badge, we will let you know what it is when we do...

Amy"

See guys if you bitch and complain like me...look what you get!!! :pepper:
This car looks to be similar in performance to the saleen s281 and s281 supercharged but at a lower price!!!! If they do offer a na shelby gt and a blown shelby gt (hoping for a paxton blower just like the good ol days)
Now that is awsome!

chuckstang

Established Member
2-slow said:
Exactly and how would it look if shelby out did Ford with a S/C GT. I am glad they are doing it though, when everyone starts buying the Shelby GT maybe the GT500's price will drop.

Wow this reminds me of back in the 60's when ford built the boss mustang as their answer to the shelby's. Another words the boss was truly ford while the shelby was tuned outside of ford but just happened to use a ford mustang and ford parts. the gt500 is an svt cobra and I think shelby is itching to build something truly his own that will be even faster!!!!!
competition from within :rockon:
I know what Im saying is hard to follow because the gt500 is a shelby but as you know it was built at fords own production line and not sent to vegas for shelby to assemle them, same way that saleen does it.

Also I have never understood why so many hate saleens when if you think about it, he is the modern day carrol shelby when it comes to tuner mustangs with a warranty.

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
will the blower keep the warranty? ford has gone to 5 year 60k mile warranty on all car/trucks correct?

Nope!!! That's the beauty with this car, if you added the drag pack, handling pack and blower to a base GT your dealer would void your warrenty so fast it would make your head spin. :lol1:

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
chuckstang said:
See guys if you bitch and complain like me...look what you get!!! :pepper:
This car looks to be similar in performance to the saleen s281 and s281 supercharged but at a lower price!!!! If they do offer a na shelby gt and a blown shelby gt (hoping for a paxton blower just like the good ol days)
Now that is awsome!

You can have your choice of two superchargers, the FRPP/Whipple or the Shelby Paxton unit similar to the one on the CS6 just made for the V8. :beer:

rmgtc01

Established Member
chuckstang said:
Wow this reminds me of back in the 60's when ford built the boss mustang as their answer to the shelby's. Another words the boss was truly ford while the shelby was tuned outside of ford but just happened to use a ford mustang and ford parts....

From THE MUSTANG SOURCE:
Lol, sorry, I am infavor of the 2 color option as well. Here are my reasons, not in order of importance.
- I think it will ad value to the cars
- I think it will be more distinct and easier to spot as "real"
- It will be easier and help us make more if I only paint 2 colors and the scoop is gel coated.
- Shelby's have always been limited to a few colors.
- I can't use blue and white as I have other plans for it

Amy

In the new Motor Trend it states that they called it the shelby GT because Ford is reserving the GT350 name for future use. While still collaborating with Ford, it seems very reasonable that a GT350 is in the near future. Also the Motor Trend says the Boss is Highly expected to be the next release from Ford. With a N/A 390hp 5.0 cammer, GT500 suspension, etc.
So, it looks as if history is repeating itself all over again while I sit here and salivate at the mouth!!

Keep us on the forefront of any info AMY! I am looking to be into another mustang with a years time.

Last edited:

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
rmgtc01 said:
From THE MUSTANG SOURCE:
Lol, sorry, I am infavor of the 2 color option as well. Here are my reasons, not in order of importance.
- I think it will ad value to the cars
- I think it will be more distinct and easier to spot as "real"
- It will be easier and help us make more if I only paint 2 colors and the scoop is gel coated.
- Shelby's have always been limited to a few colors.
- I can't use blue and white as I have other plans for it

Amy

In the new Motor Trend it states that they called it the shelby GT because Ford is reserving the GT350 name for future use. While still collaborating with Ford, it seems very reasonable that a GT350 is in the near future. Also the Motor Trend says the Boss is Highly expected to be the next release from Ford. With a N/A 390hp 5.0 cammer, GT500 suspension, etc.
So, it looks as if history is repeating itself all over again while I sit here and salivate at the mouth!!

Keep us on the forefront of any info AMY! I am looking to be into another mustang with a years time.
:lol: I think I am starting to salivate at the mouth!! Good times indeed for us Ford folk.:rockon:

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
2-slow said:
:lol: I think I am starting to salivate at the mouth!! Good times indeed for us Ford folk.:rockon:

Sure is!!!

Shelby GT
Shelby GT350
Boss ???
GT500
GT500KR ???

Now that would be an all star line up!!! :bowdown:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
TR03Mach1 said:
Just a comment or two. Amy Boylan, President of Shelby Automobiles, just this week had a meeting with the Ford people in Detroit. Evidently there are already a couple of changes being made to the car, one is to change the GT fender badges so it doesn't look so redundant with the Shelby GT rocker stripe. She wouldn't say what they were being changed to, but my money's on the styleized CS Carroll Shelby intitials. The other is a check box option for.... a supercharger!

Quote obtained from The Mustang Source.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=51744

"2 more things...........
We will have a supercharger upgrade for the car and we are trying to have it ready so it's a "box chk" when you order

We have changed the fender badge, we will let you know what it is when we do...

Amy"

the blower is nice, but i would rather have a high flow high performance n/a engine. :idea:
something very much like the shm package that takes the 4.6l 3 valve and pumps it up to 380hp 400tq at the crank. add this engine to the shelby gt package and you have something that will compete with the new 6.1 challenger in 08.
maybe shelby is saving this for the gt350?:rockon:

Terminator

Established Member
chuckstang said:
Wow this reminds me of back in the 60's when ford built the boss mustang as their answer to the shelby's. Another words the boss was truly ford while the shelby was tuned outside of ford but just happened to use a ford mustang and ford parts.

FYI...67 was the last true Shelby built/modified mustangs, 68-70 we're built by Ford. Also 70 MY are left over 69's.:beer:

Amyb

*********, Shelby Autos
Established Member
crispy23c said:
Will this be built in a convertible? Anyone?? Bueller???

Not that I know, that could change, but right now no.

And for the person who asked, these will be built in LAs Vegas by Shelby Autos.

Amy

PS- thanks 809;-)

Amyb

*********, Shelby Autos
Established Member
chuckstang said:
Oh ya cause 1000 is the same as 400

the old farts ford is marketing these cars to do not care about hp
I for one could care less about how many g's it pulls on the skid pad
there is a corvette for that and the ford gt if your a blue oval fan
:p

Chuck, wow, that's quite a statement, so you think old doesn't equate to HP?? I know many a man over 50 that would dispute that statement. lol

This car is not supposed to be a HP monster, it's supposed to be well balanced, fun to drive, nice sounding, you would be surprised how many people want that. There will be other Shelby's that have a lot of HP.

Listen, I love HP as much as the next person, there are times I take out the 454 71 chevelle SS like when I raced in the Bullrun and got 3 tickets and drove from LA to Las Vegas in 2 hours and 23 minutes. Then there are times I want to drive, have fun, and feel a well balanced car. This shelby Gt is that car.

Not every car is for everybody. Maybe your just too young to see that ;)

Amy

Last edited:

rmgtc01

Established Member
Amyb said:
Snip/...
Listen, I love HP as much as the next person, there are times I take out the 454 71 chevelle SS like when I raced in the Bullrun and got 3 tickets and drove from LA to Las Vegas in 2 hours and 23 minutes.
Snip/...
Amy, .....I think I love you:pepper: hehehe

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
Amy,

Any word on the final pricing and can we see some pics of the production version of the car???

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Amy,

still no word on order codes for the new 07 shelby gt? i would presume that if they will be showing up in jan 07 these codes would have to be out by oct.
i am still deciding if i want my black/silver shelby gt to be only a deluxe mustang gt with shaker 500 and anti-theft or to add the red leather interior?

will i even have this choice?

should we wait for the gt350(will it be n/a), or build up the shelby gt engine with racing cam and high flow heads? the blower is a great idea but its not for me.:burnout:

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Hey Amy, not to derail this conversation which seems to be going so well..:D :D but I was wondering sicne we are talking about future Shelby products if Shelby will be Modifying any of the new GT-500s that are being produced or any future models?

If so what if anything can you tell us about plans for that car?

Users who are viewing this thread