Another Version of the original Grille Mod.

DA BOLT

Established Member
Sorry to reply to you guys so late but was busy today, here are some details. Yes I used a wider wheel molding and they also have a wider one I might tinker with in the future, but I might have to go with doing only three bars with that one which would really make it look like the new Ford grilles.

As for air flow there is absolutely no problems so far, I also think it might help a little with top speed putting more air around the truck like the plexi glass grilles at the track.

Yes the thingy at the bottom is the Home Depot ram air system;-). I'm on vacation so today I actually added another scoop, looks good, I'll post pics tomorrow.

While I have more time to think and be creative now, I also dressed up my gas lid with a carbon fiber look, hope you like.:coolman:

Here are some more pics from a little more distance and from an angle, also the gas lid, enjoy.

Bert.:coolman:

Front2.jpg

threequarterside.jpg

Wheel.jpg

CarbonFibergaslid.jpg

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
Not feeling......... ANY OF IT!!

Lower grille is straight from "Cars."
WAAAY too many "SVTs." (shaker hood scoop, gas cap, front emblem) :dw:
Chrome vents under "Lightning" badges??? :??:
Vent visors??? :shrug:
Chrome door handles and winshield washer sprayers???
And WTF is up with the red lines on the wheels (and whatever you have on the ridges of the steps)???

I admire your willingness to "think outside the box" and make your truck unique (not just to yourself, but in a general sense), but to me it screams of someone who mods thier truck based on Auto Zone's current selection.

Let the :burn: commence.

DA BOLT

Established Member
Mondo1 said:
Hey Burt. I think it looks great! Kinda Ford Edge grill look. Very up-to-date. Leave it up to the original founder of the grill mod to pioneer a new look!

Hey Armand, thanks for the props, just wanted to be a little different from the original version, I think it works, really looks good in person.

On another note, I heard Keith sold his L, do you know what he replaced it with? Just curious.;-)

THUNDER BOLT said:
Burt I don't know if I like it or not. I'll have to keep looking at it and let you know later.
Man I haven't seen you since Old Town. I hope all is good. Matt
Did any of you guys notice Burts house address?

Matt, yes everything is OK, hope all is well with you too. Speaking of Old Town, is there going to be one next year since George sold his L?:shrug: That's what I heard anyways.

Bert.

DA BOLT

Established Member
throttle jockey said:
Not feeling......... ANY OF IT!!

And WTF is up with the red lines on the wheels (and whatever you have on the ridges of the steps)???

I admire your willingness to "think outside the box" and make your truck unique (not just to yourself, but in a general sense), but to me it screams of someone who mods thier truck based on Auto Zone's current selection.

Let the :burn: commence.

That's OK if that's how you feel, you're entitled to it, I'm just getting rid of some creative ideas I have. If it works, fine, if not I can just rip everything off (nothing is permanent) and have a nice clean truck like everybody else. I'm an artist and that creative side of me comes out, sometimes maybe too much, but that's me. Well at least the original grille mod was a hit anyways.;-)

svtjackal

OMG look at Olivia
Established Member
throttle jockey said:

Just F.Y.I. that is not a shaker hood scoop, it's just a stick on hood scoop.

as for the wider grill mod, I am not feeling it I like the original better.:nono: :pop:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
DA BOLT said:
As for air flow there is absolutely no problems so far, I also think it might help a little with top speed putting more air around the truck like the plexi glass grilles at the track.

If there's more air around the truck, that's less through the grill. As long as your temps seem okay I wouldn't worry about it. IMO it doesn't look bat at all. I'm all about different and it seems to fit your truck well.

red-light

I see the light
Established Member
god damn, that thing is riced out.
do your self a favor and rip all that shit off.
no offense. but that takes the award for most rice out L

red-light

I see the light
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
Wow, what's with all the negativity today??
not tryn to be negative, but some people go a little too far with the autozone mods. chris you cant honestly tell me that you would rock all of those mods on your truck?

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
It's not my style. But I also don't go out of my way to knock someone else's (not to their face anyways) . There's plenty of people that disliked stuff on my truck.

red-light

I see the light
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
It's not my style. But I also don't go out of my way to knock someone else's (not to their face anyways) . There's plenty of people that disliked stuff on my truck.
not going out of my way, i was first to post in this thread and i just said i didnt like it but then today i see that he added more pics and when i seen what he did those beautiful wheels it just set me off.
chris we have all seen your truck:bowdown:

DA BOLT

Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
Wow, what's with all the negativity today??

Hey Chris, it's ok. Negative coments are welcomed as long as they're constructive and not out of hate. Some of the things Red Light said I will take into consideration, like the wheels. Maybe I went a little too far but I wanted a little red accent within the chrome to match the truck. As for the hood scoop and side vents it may be considered rice because it's not functional but so are the majority of Ford mustangs with non functional hood scoops and window vents. At least the L will back up it's look with it's performance, unlike the typical ricer who blows a lot of noise and can't move fast enough out of the way.:coolman:

A car show would look really boring if everyone's truck looked typically the same, wouldn't you agree?

red-light

I see the light
Established Member
DA BOLT said:
Hey Chris, it's ok. Negative coments are welcomed as long as they're constructive and not out of hate. Some of the things Red Light said I will take into consideration, like the wheels. Maybe I went a little too far but I wanted a little red accent within the chrome to match the truck. As for the hood scoop and side vents it may be considered rice because it's not functional but so are the majority of Ford mustangs with non functional hood scoops and window vents. At least the L will back up it's look with it's performance, unlike the typical ricer who blows a lot of noise and can't move fast enough out of the way.:coolman:

A car show would look really boring if everyone's truck looked typically the same, wouldn't you agree?
no hate here brother!:rockon:
i guess its just not my taste, im going for a more smooth look

DA BOLT

Established Member
red-light said:
no hate here brother!:rockon:
i guess its just not my taste, im going for a more smooth look

Red Light, no harm done and you're right, not everyone will like what someone else does to their trucks but others might get something out of it.:beer:

Now on a performance note, here are pics of the cheap do it yourself Home Depot Dual Air Scoop I promised pics of. Two quick vac hoses run to the underside and into the stock air box. Holes were drilled with a holesaw.

DualScoops.jpg

DualScoopsCloseup.gif

DualScoopsSide.gif

Users who are viewing this thread