anti-venom mod help

AC Mech

Established Member
So I get the required tools to reach up to take out the detent bolt, but damn I could not get it to come loose. For fear of breaking something, I stopped and thought it wise to consult the experts. Those who have done it how tight was it? Did it require a breaker or cheater bar? My tool setup was 3/8 drive 15/16 socket, 10 inch extention, wobble joint, and ratchet. Thoughts/suggestions?

black 10th vert

Established Member
It is pretty tight in there from the factory, because they used some type of thread sealant, which kind of acts like a mild loctite. Once you crack it loose, it comes out pretty easily, though. Getting it back in after is another story, though, if you don't have tiny hands! For me that was definitely the hardest part, and my Bassani Catted X definitely added to the experience! I do love the feel of the shifter now, though, so it was worth the effort inmo.

03cobrah

Established Member
It is pretty tight in there from the factory, because they used some type of thread sealant, which kind of acts like a mild loctite. Once you crack it loose, it comes out pretty easily, though. Getting it back in after is another story, though, if you don't have tiny hands! For me that was definitely the hardest part, and my Bassani Catted X definitely added to the experience! I do love the feel of the shifter now, though, so it was worth the effort inmo.

you don't have to move the tranny up or anything?

AC Mech

Established Member
did you drop the cross member brace?
Not sure if you are asking me or black 10th, but I was able to get on the bolt without any component removal. I was tuggin on it pretty good, but was concerned with breakage. Looks like by the post's above I just need to "man up" and get it out.

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member
Not sure if you are asking me or black 10th, but I was able to get on the bolt without any component removal. I was tuggin on it pretty good, but was concerned with breakage. Looks like by the post's above I just need to "man up" and get it out.

yea i was talkin to you, i dropped the brace to make the angle less severe so it was easier thats all

black 10th vert

Established Member
I didn't remove anything, just reached up with the correct socket (shortened), and extensions.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i know this is a pic of a T56 Magnum, but can someone reference on this picture where the bolt is that we remove and replace for this mod?
148721_155763497798606_100000948713805_256363_2590179_n.jpg

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Thank you for posting that pic lol! I've never seen it and ive been though the anti venom mod thread 10+ times lol

Users who are viewing this thread