Any 6.4 PSD Experts? How Screwed am I?

Sirhc7897

Established Member
If the injectors are making a difference in the holes they are put in, you need to replace the HPFP and replace filters/flush everything before going any further. Otherwise you'll kill your new injectors in short order. The fuel systems in these trucks are highly sensitive to contaminants, if your HPFP is eating itself and putting metal into the lines then you'll be stuck in an endless cycle of very expensive parts dying until everything gets replaced at once.

This...My wife filled my 08 6.4 up with E85 back in the day and then drove it 20+ miles before she decided it wasn't running right and parked it...Fuel system cooked (truck never died and it would still crank but man was it running terrible). I did the same thing (filed a comprehensive claim at the instruction of the service manager) and they fought with the claim adjuster to make sure if got OEM parts put back in it (not remans or aftermarket)...

I sure don't miss my 6.4...

SirShaun

Established Member
If the injectors are making a difference in the holes they are put in, you need to replace the HPFP and replace filters/flush everything before going any further. Otherwise you'll kill your new injectors in short order. The fuel systems in these trucks are highly sensitive to contaminants, if your HPFP is eating itself and putting metal into the lines then you'll be stuck in an endless cycle of very expensive parts dying until everything gets replaced at once.

Exactly. I am having him write it up as HPFP, Injectors, Dropping the tank, filters and a flush. I'm going to treat this truck so much better once I get it back. I never knew I appreciated it so much, until I haven't had it for 3 weeks. I'm going to wax this thing once a week, tuck it in at night, and run cetane booster in every tank. I just want to hear those turbskies again. That 275 tune beneath my right foot, just rotating the earth.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Exactly. I am having him write it up as HPFP, Injectors, Dropping the tank, filters and a flush. I'm going to treat this truck so much better once I get it back. I never knew I appreciated so much, until I haven't had it for 3 weeks. I'm going to wax this thing once a week, tuck it in at night, and run cetane booster in every tank.

It’s a 6.4. It won’t care, it will still piss in your Cheerios every chance it gets. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

97snakebite

Established Member
My boss has a 03 Excursion with a 7.3. Man that thing has been reliable the only issue we had to do so far quote on quote major was cup replacement

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Knock on wood mine hasn’t pissed me off too bad since I did the motor and trans. I worked it a little today, although I’m pretty sure this is lighter than the tractor that was on there first. But this makes for a better picture lol

50cc9fb9ebe9b7e871d73395a1e15709.heic

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

coposrv

Established Member
I just dumped my powerstroke. After 10 years in 6.0's as reliable as they were for me I just don't have a need for a diesel truck anymore and with the modern trucks and all the crap on them I don't see myself going back to one anytime soon. When they break they're expensive to fix. Best of luck OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread