Any reason why...

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
CJ springs are supposed to transfer weight better...wnt2gofst on here went from sportlines to CJ springs for that reason. Not sure if he's ran the car since he converted.

01bluesnake

Established Member
There are two different sets of cobra jet springs: the cobra jet lowering springs (1.9F & 2.5R) and the regular cobra jet springs which probably lower the car around an inch.

Ok, makes more sense. I've been looking at the standard set, but really didnt put a noticeable drop on the cars.

Suppose most people would just go with the FRPP k or P springs for lower stance of the cobra jet's as those tend to lean towards drag setup

01bluesnake

Established Member
I actually am running a very stiff set of springs, but worked great at the track. I have the Steeda "Boss" set which is suppose to be more of a road race type spring. Maybe that's why pulled the wheel on my runs though due to very little give lol.

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
Nobody wants their car to handle like a Cadillac

Cadillac's are sweet

I actually am running a very stiff set of springs, but worked great at the track. I have the Steeda "Boss" set which is suppose to be more of a road race type spring. Maybe that's why pulled the wheel on my runs though due to very little give lol.

I've seen success at the track with other lowering springs but I'd like to try these out. What 60 are you cutting?

5.0GT

Established Member
I don't know a lot about them, I haven't even installed my sportlines yet. But I think the CJs are more drag racing oriented oppose to the sportlines which are for track racing maybe

CharlieR

Established Member
More people go with sportlines over cobra jet lowering springs? Both drops are roughly the same but the cobra jets have a lower spring rate.
Don't have either so it's just a guess. But I bet it's because people think the sportlines are better for everyday, ie. Not "race" springs, where they feel(if they even look at them) the CJ's are Drag race only.

Mnstr50

Established Member
Hey everyone- I am removing my sportlines shortly (will be for sale- less than 1,000 miles on them) to go with a set of FRPP Cobra Jet M-5300-R springs. If you research the spring rates, the CJ's are a higher- rated spring (both front and rear) than most of the competition. It's not a "soft" ride or "only" for drag racing. The CJ's lower the car further than the Sportlines. Although I did purchase the GT500 mounts (for the front) and I strongly suggest the M-18000-C shocks/struts (adjustable) or something simliar (Strange, QA1, etc.).

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
Hey everyone- I am removing my sportlines shortly (will be for sale- less than 1,000 miles on them) to go with a set of FRPP Cobra Jet M-5300-R springs. If you research the spring rates, the CJ's are a higher- rated spring (both front and rear) than most of the competition. It's not a "soft" ride or "only" for drag racing. The CJ's lower the car further than the Sportlines. Although I did purchase the GT500 mounts (for the front) and I strongly suggest the M-18000-C shocks/struts (adjustable) or something simliar (Strange, QA1, etc.).

I'd like to see comparison pics of both. The cobra jet springs lower the car 1.9F & 2.5R whereas the sportlines are 1.7F & 2.3R which is just about the same drop.

Users who are viewing this thread