Any Z06's for MM on Saturday at NPR?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Seeing if any Z06's wanna play at NPR on Saturday night for MM? cough*Andrew*cough. Weather should be real good for Shelby's. I'm ready to play, got my rearend straight. Also besides victims(Z06's), anyone else wanna come play?

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Seeing if any Z06's wanna play at NPR on Saturday night for MM? cough*Andrew*cough. Weather should be real good for Shelby's. I'm ready to play, got my rearend straight. Also besides victims(Z06's), anyone else wanna come play?

LOL. Please get it on video. I wanna see how you run against him.

Weather is going to be perfect lows in 50s and 60s at night. :banana: :rockon: I need to find some race wheels-- and fast.

svtwes

Established Member
Id come if i werent attending a car show that afternoon, Isnt there a MM every weekend in october? At least thats what the calender shows..

02b4ccamaro

Established Member
last time what did he run 12.9 my bolt-no camaro could bet that, im not talking shit about his car its a C6 Z06 that a bad ass car.
im just saying it doesnt seem that hes all that fast at the track, and im pretty sure my stock cobra will go faster then 12.9s on big ass 18s.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
They are sitting in garage collecting dust. I hate to dismount them and put tires on them. But either gonna do that or throw a 305 or 315 on my 20s. only down fall is no side wall. So cant lower pressure to much.

Dismount them. You need the sidewall of the 18"rim. You'll never hook on a 20" rim.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Well it's a good thing no Z06's showed up, as I would've smacked that ass. I only made 2 passes partly by choice but also there was a shitload of bikes out.

1st pass Shelby vs. LS3 2010 Vette(stock)
60ft 1.868 / 2.131
1/8 7.748 @ 93.71 / 8.518 @ 86.53
1/4 11.896 @ 117.62 / 12.927 @ 112.85

2nd pass Shelby vs. 2011 5.0(4.10's, dr's, cai, tune)
60ft 1.829 / 1.803
1/8 [email protected] / 7.857 @ 90.93
1.4 11.668 @ 119.69 / 12.164 @ 114.28

Those new 5.0's are no joke.:beer:

There was also a 2011 GT500PP that ran a best of 12.5 @ 113 stock.

Last edited:

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Give me tires so I can hook....otherwise, I won't show.

I ran on the streets last night against a mid 10.50-10.60 foxbody and stayed right with him and I still spun. Until I can do better than these stock runflats I probably will not do too much. I'll run any of you Cobra's with you Kenne Bells and spray and slicks or WHATEVER you had to go throw on that weighted down mustang. Lets run street tire for street tire.
'run what ya brung'...I believe in that phrase....therefore, I'm not gonna waste my time.
Once I get a sticky tire, I'm coming for you Richard. :fart::burnout:

You too Justin, you better get that whipple son. ;-)

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

I ran on the streets last night against a mid 10.50-10.60 foxbody and stayed right with him and I still spun. Until I can do better than these stock runflats I probably will not do too much. I'll run any of you Cobra's with you Kenne Bells and spray and slicks or WHATEVER you had to go throw on that weighted down mustang. Lets run street tire for street tire.
'run what ya brung'...I believe in that phrase....therefore, I'm not gonna waste my time.

Ditch the run flats for 555r's or even Pilot sport 2's. They hook decent.:beer:

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member

LOL. Im working on that and a better set of tires. Should have a decision from JD wheter or not he is putting car back to stock this week. :banana:

I would go with Nitto Invos since you DD your car. Dont want to be caught in rain with drag radials.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
LOL. Im working on that and a better set of tires. Should have a decision from JD wheter or not he is putting car back to stock this week. :banana:

I would go with Nitto Invos since you DD your car. Dont want to be caught in rain with drag radials.

I've never had a problem with 555r's. I've gone through 3 sets on the L even towing the Cobra to Houston a couple of times. Used them on the Cobra and other cobra's. The 05r's and M/T's are downright dangerous in the rain. I spun out over the Bonnet Carre(sp?), didn't hit anything thankfully.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
I'm a drag radial veteran. I've had Nitto's BFG's and MTs on the Cobra. <<<---Safer to worse in that order.
I will be on street tires on this car. Invo's are Pilots.....less money VS more money. I will MORE than likely go with the invo's.....we shall see's.
If and when I get the blower, I will blow the tires off the car as well as blow you blower cobra's away. cough cough Richard. I'll bust yo' ass right now as the car sits. ;-) What you think Justin? lol

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
I'm a drag radial veteran. I've had Nitto's BFG's and MTs on the Cobra. <<<---Safer to worse in that order.
I will be on street tires on this car. Invo's are Pilots.....less money VS more money. I will MORE than likely go with the invo's.....we shall see's.
If and when I get the blower, I will blow the tires off the car as well as blow you blower cobra's away. cough cough Richard. I'll bust yo' ass right now as the car sits. ;-) What you think Justin? lol

Oh here we go. Let the modding begin on the vette. You even said your self a blower on a vette is just plain dumb. Cant get traction at all. But you can say you got a blower like us shelby guys. :poke: You know thats all you want.

To bad my buddies procharged Z06 was in orange or that would have been a perfect match for you right off the bat.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Oh here we go. Let the modding begin on the vette. You even said your self a blower on a vette is just plain dumb. Cant get traction at all. But you can say you got a blower like us shelby guys. :poke: You know thats all you want.

To bad my buddies procharged Z06 was in orange or that would have been a perfect match for you right off the bat.

Well the Shelby should come factory with the TVS, just like the ZR1 and CTSV. These Eatons last forever but really don't make full power potential. I'm looking into 2.9 whipples and gears. Should be good for solid 10's.

Users who are viewing this thread