Any Z06's for MM on Saturday at NPR?

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
Well it's a good thing no Z06's showed up, as I would've smacked that ass. I only made 2 passes partly by choice but also there was a shitload of bikes out.

1st pass Shelby vs. LS3 2010 Vette(stock)
60ft 1.868 / 2.131
1/8 7.748 @ 93.71 / 8.518 @ 86.53
1/4 11.896 @ 117.62 / 12.927 @ 112.85

2nd pass Shelby vs. 2011 5.0(4.10's, dr's, cai, tune)
60ft 1.829 / 1.803
1/8 [email protected] / 7.857 @ 90.93
1.4 11.668 @ 119.69 / 12.164 @ 114.28

Those new 5.0's are no joke.:beer:

There was also a 2011 GT500PP that ran a best of 12.5 @ 113 stock.

Thanks for the race.. :) I hadn't seen you run before, but, noticed the MT ET Steets, and figured you'd give me a run for my money. ;)

That '11 GT500 couldn't hook for anything!

BTW, what all do you have done to your car? I assume that it's pullied/tuned, and has full exhaust from the way it sounded and the MPH it ran.

I think if I had a set of ET Steets with some decent sidewall, I could have very easily cut a low 1.7 60ft, and run some 11.90's @ close to 115mph. Can't really ask for anything more out of this car.. I've own plenty of 99-04's and one 05+ GT's.. None of them compare to this new engine/chassis combo.

But, nice car man.. We'll have to get a crew together and head to NPR again. I've got 3-4 Cobra/GT guys that I can get together..

Travis

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Thanks for the race.. :) I hadn't seen you run before, but, noticed the MT ET Steets, and figured you'd give me a run for my money. ;)

That '11 GT500 couldn't hook for anything!

BTW, what all do you have done to your car? I assume that it's pullied/tuned, and has full exhaust from the way it sounded and the MPH it ran.

I think if I had a set of ET Steets with some decent sidewall, I could have very easily cut a low 1.7 60ft, and run some 11.90's @ close to 115mph. Can't really ask for anything more out of this car.. I've own plenty of 99-04's and one 05+ GT's.. None of them compare to this new engine/chassis combo.

But, nice car man.. We'll have to get a crew together and head to NPR again. I've got 3-4 Cobra/GT guys that I can get together..

Travis

sounds good. Seems like the only place Z06's wanna run is from a roll.:poke: Us Mustang guys go from digs. I've got the 05r's and work good at the track, but don't drive them in the rain. They're deadly. I'll pm you next time I go. I've got CAI, pulley, offroad x and catback, dr's,and an email tune. I think the tune is hurting me?

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
sounds good. Seems like the only place Z06's wanna run is from a roll.:poke: Us Mustang guys go from digs. I've got the 05r's and work good at the track, but don't drive them in the rain. They're deadly. I'll pm you next time I go. I've got CAI, pulley, offroad x and catback, dr's,and an email tune. I think the tune is hurting me?

A roll? I'm the only Z06 guy around that's in the thread, I ran Justin from a dig and roll....he's the only guy I've run out of all of you. Now the streets are cold and I am on STOCK RUNFLATS.. If I had 05R's I'd drive to your area and happy launch my car at 3 grand and HOOK without worrying about spinning like I would on stock runflats and crashing into the side of your heavy mustang. Lets go race on icey roads....that'd be fun and make about as much sense as 'Z06's only wanting to run from a roll'. :rollseyes

Blown2004Stang

Established Member

Trapping 119mph, I'd say your tune is pretty good for those mods with the stock blower. :) How much boost?

I'm going back to NPR on the 16th for Midnight Madness again.. I'll have my trailing arm replaced, and I'll be on some ET Streets, so, I should run some high 11's. I might even throw a bottle on the car.. :) I have a kit sitting here in my office, just begging to go in.. ;)

Travis

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
A roll? I'm the only Z06 guy around that's in the thread, I ran Justin from a dig and roll....he's the only guy I've run out of all of you. Now the streets are cold and I am on STOCK RUNFLATS.. If I had 05R's I'd drive to your area and happy launch my car at 3 grand and HOOK without worrying about spinning like I would on stock runflats and crashing into the side of your heavy mustang. Lets go race on icey roads....that'd be fun and make about as much sense as 'Z06's only wanting to run from a roll'. :rollseyes

Andrew, that's just crazy wanting race on ice!:nono: Think I'm heading to NPR again this Saturday, a friend has an E55 he wants to try out.

:burnout:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Trapping 119mph, I'd say your tune is pretty good for those mods with the stock blower. :) How much boost?

I'm going back to NPR on the 16th for Midnight Madness again.. I'll have my trailing arm replaced, and I'll be on some ET Streets, so, I should run some high 11's. I might even throw a bottle on the car.. :) I have a kit sitting here in my office, just begging to go in.. ;)

Travis

Travis,

I think we're going again this Saturday. I'll pm you if it's sure. Not sure of the boost maybe 12-14? Stock gauge and its small.

1crzhrs

1CRZHRS
Established Member
for test and tune they aren't strict on the cage rules. bring a helmet for sure and you'll be good. i'm gonna try and make it for the 16th if i get my electrical demons figured out by then. working on it today.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I'm going.. My buddy Jeremy with a 07 Roush is going as well..

What day? Are ya'll going to Ford/Chevy in Gulfport next weekend 23-24th? I'll have 3.73's by then. Maybe I can squeeze a low 11 out of it with stock manifolds and an upper pulley only. Then time for longtubes and a lower pulley and run some 10's.

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
We're going to NPR this Saturday (16th) for Midnight Madness.. Looks like it's going to be nice and cool (mid 50's for lows).

I might toss the bottle on for Ford/Chevy. :)

You guys coming to NPR this weekend?

Travis

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Andrew, that's just crazy wanting race on ice!:nono:

No...I do NOT want to run on ice. I was making an analogy so you could understand my point a little better but seems to me that you typical GT500 drivers will never get it. :bash:
Z06>GT5000lbs
Can't wait to bust your ass like I did justin and his friend that he sold his cobra to.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
No...I do NOT want to run on ice. I was making an analogy so you could understand my point a little better but seems to me that you typical GT500 drivers will never get it. :bash:
Z06>GT5000lbs
Can't wait to bust your ass like I did justin and his friend that he sold his cobra to.

Yes, but I can drive.;-) Bring it Saturday night to MM biotch. I'll give you the hit.:poke:

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Yes, but I can drive.;-) Bring it Saturday night to MM biotch. I'll give you the hit.:poke:

Give me the hit? lol
Anyone that has EVER given me the hit lost their ass so badly it looked played out. I'd hate to see you bent out of shape by being skull drug by a car with NOTHING done to the motor. That'd be youtube worthy for sure.

I would but I have drill this weekend. Us trooper who serve the country so we can have the freedom to race and give GT5000 drivers the opportunity to try and out run a Vette...let alone a Z06 (lol)
Besides, lets face it, Z06 gets more attention and chicks love it ya know :D
But then, you're married..I'm not, so I can have as many girls as I want to enjoy...they just have to take turns in the Z-oh. While you're racing saturday night at the track, I'll be off duty spending quality time with one of the ladies. ya know:pepper:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Give me the hit? lol
Anyone that has EVER given me the hit lost their ass so badly it looked played out. I'd hate to see you bent out of shape by being skull drug by a car with NOTHING done to the motor. That'd be youtube worthy for sure.

I would but I have drill this weekend. Us trooper who serve the country so we can have the freedom to race and give GT5000 drivers the opportunity to try and out run a Vette...let alone a Z06 (lol)
Besides, lets face it, Z06 gets more attention and chicks love it ya know :D
But then, you're married..I'm not, so I can have as many girls as I want to enjoy...they just have to take turns in the Z-oh. While you're racing saturday night at the track, I'll be off duty spending quality time with one of the ladies. ya know:pepper:

Just trying to make it fairer for you. Next week the gears go in.........

Users who are viewing this thread