Any Z06's for MM on Saturday at NPR?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Lol. I'm just hoping to get off the line without stalling or crashing in the wall. Will work on times as I get more experience.

I'm gonna try and get there around 8:30ish.

Cool, see you there. First pass if you haven't been, leave around idle and just go down the track so you get acquainted. Don't let out until you pass the scoreboard at the end of the track. We'll talk when you get there. Look for the grey/silver GT500. I think Travis has a black 2011 GT? We all need to park together. Travis bring the camera so we can see some runs on Youtube. I'll even be your victim on the gas if you like.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
11.8, 11.91(missed 3rd and until then was pulling hard on a camaro that went 11.79 @ 121, then 11.72. Middle pass shoulda been 11.5-11.6, as it was 5 mph slower through the 1/8th, but still went through the traps as the same mph as the other two passes.

5.0's are no joke. Travis went atleast a 12.01, but the surprise was an auto with 4.10's, dr's, tune, and CAI. Quiet as can be went 11.86 @ 116.:dw: We will be getting one soon....for the wife.:beer:

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
Yep.. couldn't squeeze another .02 out for my 11 second pass.. But, I am 250+. ;) Went 12.01 and best MPH was 115.20. Best 60ft was 1.78.

The 11.86 pass, the guy stuck his wife in the car, and she went quicker than he did! He ran 12.07, IIRC.. Gotta love "weight reduction".. LOL! Looks like I need to hit the gym this winter! ;)

I've got a ton of video footage.. I'll upload it later..

Travis

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Yep.. couldn't squeeze another .02 out for my 11 second pass.. But, I am 250+. ;) Went 12.01 and best MPH was 115.20. Best 60ft was 1.78.

The 11.86 pass, the guy stuck his wife in the car, and she went quicker than he did! He ran 12.07, IIRC.. Gotta love "weight reduction".. LOL! Looks like I need to hit the gym this winter! ;)

I've got a ton of video footage.. I'll upload it later..

Travis

Cool, can't wait to see the one when I missed third. :cuss: It was fun, going to Gulfport this weekend, maybe I'll see you guys there.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
I was freaking out. Had to start car with it in gear and give it gas. After that we were good to go. Minus all the red lights and stop signs home. Never realize how many there are until having to start the car at every one of them. :bash:

Damn dude, thats crazy. I saw your car earlier today at Ford. I went to chill with Izzy for a little while and he told me that your car was there and that you had dropped it off this morning. I didn't realize that it was at ford when I text you.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
What dealer? They seem like they may be mod friendly....just in case.

Its Banner Ford in Mandeville. They are mod friendly to a certain point. Air intake, exhaust, retune are ok. Pulley is some what- if you come in with a hurt motor and he see's a smaller pulley he said its no go for warranty.

I know most of the guys there from buying my car and the issues we had getting it there. So most of them try to take care of me.

They got a 2011 GT500 there I was tempted to say let me take that baby home until mine is fixed. ;-) but didnt want to push my luck for the day.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Its Banner Ford in Mandeville. They are mod friendly to a certain point. Air intake, exhaust, retune are ok. Pulley is some what- if you come in with a hurt motor and he see's a smaller pulley he said its no go for warranty.

I know most of the guys there from buying my car and the issues we had getting it there. So most of them try to take care of me.

They got a 2011 GT500 there I was tempted to say let me take that baby home until mine is fixed. ;-) but didnt want to push my luck for the day.

The white / blue stripes?
Sucker is bad

Users who are viewing this thread