Anybody going to get a "Scat-Pack" R\T Challenger?

noco5.0

Established Member
Just picked mine up yesterday. It took right at a month from order to delivery. The 8 speed auto is awesome. Light years ahead of the pos MT-82 transmission that was in my 2012 GT. Different cars, but it's a nice ride don't plan on auto crossing it just cruising and the occasional trip down the drag strip. I'm 6'5" and it has a ton of room.

Challenger_zps835305c0.png

Regulars520

Established Member
I think they are sharp, if you have the bucks and like the ride and style. I seriously doubt that anybody would ever say "Look at that piece of scat" when you rumble up to a stop.

Regulars520

Established Member
Just picked mine up yesterday. It took right at a month from order to delivery. The 8 speed auto is awesome. Light years ahead of the pos MT-82 transmission that was in my 2012 GT. Different cars, but it's a nice ride don't plan on auto crossing it just cruising and the occasional trip down the drag strip. I'm 6'5" and it has a ton of room.

I just hope they got the engineering down on those trans, I would imagine a 8 speed trans rebuild or upgrade down the road would be some coin.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Not trying to derail this thread but I wonder if they plan on making a Scat Pack Charger with the N/A 6.2

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
If the challenger was the size of the '13/'14 5.0s with the same weight it would be in the driveway right now.

Anyone have any solid 1/4 mile numbers with these cars? I wonder how well they would do with a tire swap alone.

jimmy77

Established Member
Those Challengers are definitely growing on me. The 2015 Mustang Gt is a disappointment IMO. Its slower than the 14 and the IRS is crap.....Ford just can't get it right...wheel hop city. The exterior is NOT better than the challenger...not even close. Sure the interior is very nice but, it ain't better than the challenger's IMO. I also wonder why ford bothered with the 2.3 ecoboost? Have you seen what the 2.7 Ecoboost does for a 5000 pond truck....Ford should have put that engine in the mustang...or the 3.5. I'm actually hoping the next Cobra has the goods.

I'd take a holdover or slightly used 2014 gt500 over either car.

Last edited:

TommyJ

Established Member
If the challenger was the size of the '13/'14 5.0s with the same weight it would be in the driveway right now.

Anyone have any solid 1/4 mile numbers with these cars? I wonder how well they would do with a tire swap alone.

From what I've seen, they're a touch quicker than the 15 gt on average. A8 cars are running mid to high 12s @ 113 mph. Should be a low 12 second car with tires.

noco5.0

Established Member
I just hope they got the engineering down on those trans, I would imagine a 8 speed trans rebuild or upgrade down the road would be some coin.

They've been running these in other cars for several years. I haven't heard of any major problems. The beefed up version of the 8 speed that they put in the Hellcat will be interesting. I won't drive the car that hard, so I'm not anticipating any major issues.

RX1Cobra

Established Member

Isn't it made by zf? The same people that make the Mustang auto?

And I'd gladly dd one. Sublime please.

jshen

Established Member

Nice looking ride... Perfect color too. What options did you get?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
From what I've seen the 392's are runnin low to mid 12's stock on stock tires. At only two thousand more a personally optioned gt(base, performance pack and recaros) it is definately an option. My biggest complaint was it cost 35 just for the 5.7. Now we have an option with the 6.4 under 40!

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
You're joking, right? Camaro isn't even a muscle car anymore. It lost that title when it started snapping halfshafts/spindles on hard launches IMO. They've even broken IRS parts just dumping the clutch at like 5-10 mph, on the street, on a summer tire. Weak $***, no offense. What i'm about to say might seem typical on a forum named "svtperformance," lol, but numbers are numbers.

I got my '13 GT premium w/ Brembo package & 3.73's for $33k, five grand less than a 1LE. Even stock, it's quicker than any stock SS on the street, quicker than some of the bolties SS's too. Mod for mod we all know the 5.0 will outflow the Ls3 so i'm not really concerned with that. I was thinking more in terms of basic weight reduction, aiming at the 3450 lb range (without stripping any interior except for the back seats) and the car is going to be much stiffer than a Boss, lowered at least 1-1.5 with a watts link & probably camber plates with 265's or 275's up front and 305's or 315's out back. 1LE won't have a chance in hell on a track.

I'd make the argument that the real value for money is what the engine and driveline can withstand from the factory and how light the car is in stock trim, which translates to how much lighter it could be. I think you'll find that, in most cases anyway, suspension/wheel/tire changes aren't going to be as expensive as engine and driveline parts.

That being said....a Scat Pack R/T should've been released a LONG time ago, like, as soon as the Challenger came out. People should've been able to buy a R/T with the 6.1 hemi for well under $40k. And the SRT8 should be lighter, it should have a lot more tire underneath it, and it should be a good 30-40 hp stronger than the Scat Pack.

Your response couldn't be further from common sense. What exactly would you call a 2door car with 430hp, brembos, recaros, forged 20x11 wheels, 6speed only? A station wagon??? Be realistic with your responses next time. I agree dollar for dollar the mustang is a much better car, no denying that, but the fact you don't see the camaro as a muscle car makes you lose credibility for word one.

P.s.. LS1 cars were blowing up ten bolts left and right. guess those weren't muscle cars either? Maybe 4door hybrids better describes them?

Troponin

Established Member
Your response couldn't be further from common sense. What exactly would you call a 2door car with 430hp, brembos, recaros, forged 20x11 wheels, 6speed only? A station wagon??? Be realistic with your responses next time. I agree dollar for dollar the mustang is a much better car, no denying that, but the fact you don't see the camaro as a muscle car makes you lose credibility for word one.

P.s.. LS1 cars were blowing up ten bolts left and right. guess those weren't muscle cars either? Maybe 4door hybrids better describes them?

Well, he wasn't wrong when he was disagreeing that the Camaro was a better performer for the money. It really isn't. Base 1LE SS will run you over $40k these days too, I believe, and they are slower than the 2014s which costs thousands less.

Those Challengers are definitely growing on me. The 2015 Mustang Gt is a disappointment IMO. Its slower than the 14 and the IRS is crap.....Ford just can't get it right...wheel hop city. The exterior is NOT better than the challenger...not even close. Sure the interior is very nice but, it ain't better than the challenger's IMO. I also wonder why ford bothered with the 2.3 ecoboost? Have you seen what the 2.7 Ecoboost does for a 5000 pond truck....Ford should have put that engine in the mustang...or the 3.5. I'm actually hoping the next Cobra has the goods.

I found a slightly used 2013 GT500 at a dealership last year. It was all scratched up and beat to piss. They STILL wanted something like $45k or more for it. I agree with you, but finding a deal on a slightly used 2014 will be very difficult.

Last edited:

Branhammer

Established Member
Not trying to derail this thread but I wonder if they plan on making a Scat Pack Charger with the N/A 6.2

I've heard rumors that this is coming. It only makes sense that they'd do it. I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the 2016.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Well, he wasn't wrong when he was disagreeing that the Camaro was a better performer for the money. It really isn't. Base 1LE SS will run you over $40k these days too, I believe, and they are slower than the 2014s which costs thousands less.

I'm guessing you didn't read my response? I agreed with him that the mustang was a better car dollar for dollar. I was questioning his mindset all together though when he said he camaro was no longer a muscle car to him.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

Umm, no.

The '15 GT is faster than a 14 GT. What, one mag rags on it and that's what guys like you listen to? And hop city? Solid rears hop too. I'll take slight hop that can be alleviated easily over shit solid rear from the 80's. You get a stock 15 and a stock 14 at a dragstrip and the 15 will edge it out. The bigger difference is get them both on a road course and it'll be a much more drastic difference. The 14 will be seconds behind.

That 2.3l ecoboost just made 327whp/420wtq at Livernois from a TUNE Only. All stock down to the filter but tune. You know what these will be doing with boltons and tune? High 300s easy. A mild turbo swap, fmic? Easy mid 400s. All on stock motor. And 200lbs lighter than a GT. It'll be very light on its feet.

The 2.7 or 3.5 would make that car stock for stock faster than the GT. The good thing about the 2.3 is it'll share cross platform support with the focus rs.

Last edited:

noco5.0

Established Member
Nice looking ride... Perfect color too. What options did you get?

Thanks the car is pitch black with the Scat Pack Appearance Group (black forged wheels, black grill, black fuel cap cover, HID headlamps, and the stripe on the back which I could take or leave honestly). The only other options I got were Sound Group II which is pretty comparable to the Shaker 500 I had in my 2012 GT not great, but decent enough for me. The big option with these cars is the 8 speed auto. It's a 1400 dollar option, but you don't have to pay the gas guzzler tax so really it's a 400 dollar option and worth every penny. I'm still breaking the car in so taking it easy, but this thing is always in it's power band. I got the car for 39,500 with a 500 dollar Chrysler loyalty incentive. MSRP was 42,480. I think it's a lot of car for the money.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread