Anybody regret selling their first car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
If I did I would.
And there's no money to fetch in a Thunderturd anyways.
Counting in all the hours and money by me and my father totally restoring the car, no point.
I can get a few grand for it, IF anybody even wants it.

I'd rather just put it in a shed, which I'll do soon since I'm moving over to US & A.

JMoore112

JM0 SVT
Established Member
You will have a moment of regret and miss it, no doubt about it...
BUT you will find something better down the road to help you forget, a Terminator did that for me:beer:

Kind of similar to ex's. Things you will miss about them, but in time you will find a much better one:burnout:

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
First car I bought was a 1967 Mustang GT fastback, 390 4 speed, disc brakes. Not the best car for high school but wow was it fun. So yes, I regret selling it a long time ago. I would love to find it again.

Lzr96Snake

burning up in speed
Established Member
I wouldn't sell it. I had a red on red 92 GT back in the 90's. It was only three years old when I got it. Kept it till 99 and sold it to buy a brand new SVT Contour. Within a month or so I was missing my GT. I've wanted that car back ever since but haven't been able to locate it. Think long and hard before you sell it

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
Wish I never got rid of my '74 Wankel-powered Mazda RX4. Cool little car that was in excellent shape inside & out. It just needed a paint job. Basically gave it away.

sdg97232

Established Member
It wasn't my 1st car but I sold the 1st car I turely loved (04 azeure blue mach 1) and regret it to this day. What made it worse was the fact I sold it to a good friend and every time I seen or heard the car I wanted to cry lol.

VictorySong

Established Member
I still have my first car, an 04 Cobra. My dad had his first car for over 45 years, rolled it over in 2010 at HMP and it was toast. :(

He had a 67 Satellite with a factory 383 hi-po four speed he restored from the ground up and sold in the early 90s. I'd love to find that car for him some day. I know it's still out there because the car was way overdone and too nice to drive. One of these days I'll have to grab the picture and chase down the tag number.

He also scrapped a couple 67 GTXs that were "too far gone" in order to clear up garage space. :D

Bullitt05426

Established Member
My first car was a '84 Volkswagen Scirocco Wolfsburg Edition, had that car back in high school. It had a standard transmission and the only mod was a 1.5" drop on all four corners. It was a fun little car to throw around in the curves, but at the same time it was babied(garage-kept and car cover, the car never seen the rain). I ended up selling it for a VW GTI. Not even a year later, I learned that my Scirocco met an untimely death of being totaled by some kid who didn't know how to handle a car. It was heartbreaking to hear cause I loved that little VW, and maybe if I had kept the Scirocco, it might not have died prematurely.

OP, I say keep your car. It may sound like a good idea to let it go for a good amount of cash, but in the end you'll regret selling your first car.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
I didn't have much choice with my first two cars...76 Camaro LT (allstock) and a fully worked and built '77 Trans Am both stolen!!! And both with 2 months of each other!!!

Bullitt05426

Established Member
I didn't have much choice with my first two cars...76 Camaro LT (allstock) and a fully worked and built '77 Trans Am both stolen!!! And both with 2 months of each other!!!

Ahh man. That sucks to hear, bro. I'm partial to the late '70's T/A's, they just look bad ass to me. My buddy had an all black '78 T/A, with the gold pinstripes, gold eagle on the hood, and the gold snowflake wheels. Man, did that thing look killer!

Last edited:

440sprint

Established Member
My very first car was totaled by a drunk running a red light with me in the intersection. It was a beater, but still my first!

My college car that I really regret selling was my saddle tan, '63 split-window Vette (327/350, 4-SPD, cheater slicks)! Damn, but I needed a back seat since my wife was expecting our first child. I did buy the first Mustang competitor, a '67 Camaro!

I have looked for the Vette several times over the years. I have the VIN. Does anyone know a good way to find an old, probably valuable Vette?

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
Ahh man. That sucks to hear, bro. I'm partial to the late '70's T/A's, they just look bad ass to me. My buddy had an all black '78 T/A, with the gold pinstripes, gold eagle on the hood, and the gold snowflake wheels. Man, did that thing look killer!

Yeah, mine was the brown/gold color with the screaming chicken on the hood and all the other stripes and stuff that came with the package. My wife used to say it looked like a crab with the huge tires in the back it's low stance. Car had the 455 motor in it with (if I remember correctly) 6X heads (?) headers, exhaust...the whole deal. My freind owned the car and did all thew work to it and was then in a motorcycle accident. Put him in a comma for months and wasn't allowed to drive anymore after he recovered. They actuall ripped off the garage door to get it!!! BTW, it was a '76 T/A, the wifey just corrected me!!!

sdg97232

Established Member
No

My first car was a 1989 Cavalier that no a/c, radio, power steering, etc lol

Mine to was an 89 cavalier but it wasn't bad z24 coupe 2.8 and a 5 speed lol.........I thought it was cool as hell other the those fuggly rims :xpl:

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
My first car was a Vega, no I don't regret selling it to the scrap dealer.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Do I regret selling a 2 owner 1964 1/2 Mustang in wimbledon white with a hi-po d-code V8? oh no, not at all.....:nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono:

colin450

Established Member
Absoultely regret it. Traded in my 2004 Lightning to get an 09 F350. Eventually traded the F350 for my Raptor which I like the best out of all 3. Will definitely buy another Lightning if the right opportunity comes around.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
Its all in the person doing the modding.

Alot of people buy them, put $5k into mods, never get it running to its potential, lose to cars the shouldnt, blame it on the car itself, never do preventitive maintenance, break down, blame it on the car itself, part out the mods, sell the car, repeat.

I think you just described how I ended up getting my current car so cheap.

But my first car? 1970 Cutlass S. I'm hanging on to that one. Probably should have put more time into that and less into the Mustang. The rest of the cars I've sold I don't miss at all, but that one I'm hanging on to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread