Anybody regret selling their first car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member
I wouldn't sell it.

I've been through quite a few cars but the mustang will always stay. You can't replace sentimental value with just another mustang.

IMO

Kiohtee

Established Member
My first car was a '97 GT coupe. It was a pig when I first bought it, but 20k miles and a PI top end later it was pretty sweet for an auto GT (at 16-17 years old anyway). It was repossessed due to my parent's bankruptcy unfortunately. I made every payment for over a year and almost always early.

I still miss it even though it was a POS.

trxcobra

Established Member
Should have clarified, I understand most of you guys had a beater as a first car, but In that case I mean the first car you actually had as a toy and modified/invested time and money into.

I know that financially it's a good idea to sell, but emotionally I won't be able to replace it. I am leaning towards keeping it at least through the winter to really sit and think about it. Having bought the supra one week ago today it's all happening so fast! After leaving the guy who made the offer and driving the car home, I felt like I had just been cheated on by my first love haha!

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
My 96 cobra was my first car 5 years ago. Last year, I ALMOST sold it for a built fox body but decided against at the last second like you did. And I'm really glad I didn't do it.

Mulldune

Established Member
Should have clarified, I understand most of you guys had a beater as a first car, but In that case I mean the first car you actually had as a toy and modified/invested time and money into.

I know that financially it's a good idea to sell, but emotionally I won't be able to replace it. I am leaning towards keeping it at least through the winter to really sit and think about it. Having bought the supra one week ago today it's all happening so fast! After leaving the guy who made the offer and driving the car home, I felt like I had just been cheated on by my first love haha!

Man if you have a buyer , sell it , kinda like your first love , you'll get over it , it's a car man .

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
My 1965 Mustang Notchback. I eventually hot-rodded it up. I owned it from 1977 to 1994. It was a High School graduation present from my parents. I took a tremendous beating on it when I sold it. I sold it to a kid who did not understand what he had bought. A friend of mine called me about 6 months later to tell me he thought my car was listed for sell in the paper. I checked and called the number and it was my Mustang, at a little used car lot out in the country above Charleston SC. Seems the kid traded it for a truck. The guy who owned the lot asked me if I wanted it back. As much as I would have liked to I said no. He did pay me to get it running properly again as no one seemed to be able to. I did and enjoyed it. Seems no one he knew could deal with 3 carbs, solid lifters, and dual points. Wish I did know what happened to it after that.

The Snake

scan0024_zpsb9feffe9.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

billsigf1_zps0d79b1a4.jpg

Last edited:

Adiabatik

Banned
My 02 GT is the first car I bought myself (I consider it my first car). I love it to death and will probably never get rid of it....so I turned it into a race car (mods below)

03cobrarocks

Established Member
My fist car was car in sig... It is currently up for sale right now.

I know I am going to regret it, because has a lot of sentimental value and I am the first owner so I know every possible thing there is to know about it mod and history wise.

I keep telling myself that I will get another terminator one day, but not sure If it will be the same.

I might just end up getting a c5z when the time comes, have always had a strange obsession with those cars...

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
$13500 for a '99?! Sorry, but sentimental value only goes so far. I'd take that offer before he changed his mind. That being said, I wish I still had my first car to make into a killer sleeper. '84 Crown Vic 2-door, black on red leather. I'd love to throw a cammed, blown 4-valve in it...

KingJacobo

GM Fanboy Gone Darkside
Established Member
My first car I paid for is my 66 bonneville. No, its not a monster and 4 doors means its never gonna be worth much. I love it to death and will never sell it. If I got offered 13.5k for a 99 cobra..thats a ton. Screw it, sell and buy a termi later with most of that if you really feel bad

blubyu90

Established Member
I regret selling my 90 coupe that I had. I owned it for 7 years, but probably only drove 4 out of the 7. Lol. It started out as a stock auto car and completely redid the whole car and it ended up with a 347 Tremec tko. I mean it had new paint, all new glass, brakes, suspension, etc. I honestly regret it everyday. Don't do it. You have a very unique and badass cobra!! Here is said coupe...
mustangpics264.jpg

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
'65 Chevy Impala...6 individual tail lights to keep replacing. Don't miss it.

My '70 Cyclone GT 4-speed, 4V Cleveland ...yeah, I miss it. Would make a hoot of a strip car these days.

Last edited:

TaraFirma

Established Member
I've head it more times than I can count. "Man I wish I still had my first mustang. I sure miss that car. "
I still have my 88 GT and don't plan on getting rid of it for just this reason.

Riptide

Established Member
No.

My first mustang was a 2006 that I put a kenne bell on. It was a IMO quick street car but I wasn't head over heels in love with it.

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
First mustang 1985 306 AFR/FTI/Biggs 650. T-Top Car. I painted it performance red and it was a fast fun car but...........

I went threw at least 3 T-5s, a clutch a year, and one rear end. It was my daily in college.

I happily sold it and don't miss the "wet ass" I got on rainy days.

RSbeast

Established Member
I miss my first mustang; I miss my second, I miss my third.

#1 I lost my ass on. Kid totaled it within 6mos. Refused to sell it back.

Was getting long in the tooth despite me redoing everything on it inside and out.

So that's gone.

#2 I missed buying back twice. Sold my t trim for it for part of a wedding ring. Through the last few owners it got parted out and made typical generic mustang. Sold unique wheels and Brembos for chrome cobras/GT brakes, took out harnesses and sick seats.

In all I can't wait until I have the $ to have it back one day hopefully. But life has other plans for my money. Can only hope it's still eat off it clean .

#3 I only had a year and now lives in TX. (Car in sig). I miss it because it's built nicer than my c5 and was super fun to wail on. But ultimately I hated the platform and power train.

Basically I've always bought and sold to compromise until I got my vette. I have that now and I know I can never sell it. Some things are just yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread