Anyon seen these yet?

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Looks like a nice engineered piece! Like the drain plug for fluid changes. Question in my mind is.........what strength does it provide as compared to the billetflow diff. brace? Any tech data to support any claim as to or for the contrary!! Just no "word of mouth" claims. Would be interested to hear from Doug on this with his honest opinion even though it is a product which is in direct competition with him! I'm inclined to go this route when I remove my diff. housing over the winter to reseal the cover unless I can be convinced otherwise. Anyone who have used this cover please chime in with your input.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I am considering one but already have a Billetflow brace on the diff housing. To me the ideal set-up would be to run both if you they will fit (I also have the MM aluminum rear diff mount). The nice thing about this is that it will distribute the load over the entier cover mounting flange better then the stock cover and augment Doug's steel brace. Then again it may be way overkill for my set-up since I don't run gears and DR's and I have not heard of anyone breaking their housing on the street running the Billetflow brace. I have a tendancy to over do everything :rollseyes but rarely my projects break or malfunction as a result so I guess that's a good thing.

Given the choice between this cover and Doug's brace I would say it's a toss-up just by looking them both. The ultimate set-up would be to run both. That would make the diff housing pretty bulletproof.

Does anyone know if both BF brace and this diff cover will fit on the same housing together?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
This looks pretty cool.. would it make hooking up a diff cooler any easier? :shrug:

FEARLE5S

www.SALINASRACING.com
Established Member
I just cracked my Rear cover small leak. i might have to be the ginnie pig since its either buy a new one from ford for 200 bucks or one hundered more for this one haha...

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^^^^^Buy it from Lethal!!! I would in a heartbeat if I was starting over.

FEARLE5S

www.SALINASRACING.com
Established Member
im leaning torwards it. the only thing ima try first is to take it in to ford to see if thye will fix it with the warrenty i have on my car still. if not then ill do it.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
^^^^^Buy it from Lethal!!! I would in a heartbeat if I was starting over.

$299 is pretty inexpensive.

the .5 pint fluid increase doesn't seem like it would be huge for cooling, but I do see the advantage of being able to easily connect a diff cooler setup being a motivation for me if I get more serious with tracking.

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
I just cracked my Rear cover small leak. i might have to be the ginnie pig since its either buy a new one from ford for 200 bucks or one hundered more for this one haha...

New cover from Ford ($200) plus billetflow diff. brace ($150) > than $299. for IRS Girdle cover from Lethal. Seems like a no-brainer to me! Unless I hear negatives from anyone who has used this, that's what I'm going with when I remove my diff. housing over the winter to re-seal my leaking POS stock cover. :rockon:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
New cover from Ford ($200) plus billetflow diff. brace ($150) > than $299. for IRS Girdle cover from Lethal. Seems like a no-brainer to me! Unless I hear negatives from anyone who has used this, that's what I'm going with when I remove my diff. housing over the winter to re-seal my leaking POS stock cover. :rockon:

I think there was some fitment issues early on but I believe that's been fixed now!:rockon:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
this is the one i want :rockon:

truly a work of art imo :bowdown:

diffcovoutruh0.jpg

diffcovoutcpj0.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread