Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
It's going to be announced before the 3rd moon of a hot summer. Nostradamus had a quatrain.

"On the 3rd moon of a hot summer, the gt500 will be confirmed as having a turbo engine making 850hp."

It's on the internet so this is fact.

Looking like early/mid July.

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The sad thing is his next quatrain.

"This serpents rise was largely shagrinned by turbo lag, the 1.4L nonecoboost featured all of the boosts, or bars. 4 of them to be exact. Only 2 could be felt at speeds below 100mph"

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I parked next to local Ford dealer employee today, driving a '14 GT 5.0.
He told me that the '18 GT500 will be announced within 3wks with deliveries starting September or October.
Then he drove away!
Who knows?

lol

DepWraith

Established Member
"There has always been intention, at least from 2014 Project Silver, to make TWO cars. In fact, 2017 was suppose to be the GT500's year and then Dodge came with 808 and PDI went to the GT first."

This is partially true: It was supposed to be a model year 2017 return, but hard starting and oil consumption pushed the vehicle back to 2018 (like I said a long time ago).

I parked next to local Ford dealer employee today, driving a '14 GT 5.0.
He told me that the '18 GT500 will be announced within 3wks with deliveries starting September or October.
Then he drove away!
Who knows?

This fully matches what my source has been telling me and what I posted a while ago. (4 to 6 weeks from May 29th for announcement)

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
"There has always been intention, at least from 2014 Project Silver, to make TWO cars. In fact, 2017 was suppose to be the GT500's year and then Dodge came with 808 and PDI went to the GT first."

This is partially true: It was supposed to be a model year 2017 return, but hard starting and oil consumption pushed the vehicle back to 2018 (like I said a long time ago).

There is a long list of probabilities to why the GT500 didn't come out in 2017.

'18 Refresh, PDI was needed, PDI cost needed shared, needed to break 800hp, GT350/Motorsport took priority and Dodge literally took the exact number I had been parading around.

In November 2015, an actual engine builder Tweeted confirmation that they were developing a Hellcat competitor engine. FoMoCo also understood that the Hellcat had upgrades coming. Did they plan on an 800hp Demon? Yeah, I believe Ford did. How long had I been pushing the 808 rumor? The last 20 months? Only Automobile slightly and publicly posted said rumor as "810".

It is my understanding that if 800+ was the target, it would take a slightly larger displacement as well as a turbo on each cylinder bank. I honestly believe that has been the major hold-up.

I reported Port Direct Injection coming about 18-20 months ago. 2018 was always the year PDI was coming... I just don't think it was originally intended to be F150/GT first. Then again, I'm not sure I ever inquired. I always assumed it would be on the GT350/500 first.

Ford definitely knows they have center stage now. After Dodges "808hp", everyone assumes the Mustang will out-do Dodges HP rating. This stand off has generated a lot of buzz by simply piggy-backing off of the competitions media. They did this in LA 2012 for the '13 GT500 and it demoralized Chevy and the ZL1. I expect all these factors are involved.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
If you listen to purple submarine, from the Beatles, backward it clearly says

18 gt500 will make 1600hp.

I don't know how you guys keep getting it so wrong.

DepWraith

Established Member
I was told last August by a very credible source that they pulled 898rwhp at 16psi from a 5.0 with twin 62mm. I have no reason at all to doubt this source as he is personally known to me and has worked on the car. They may have made a motor change since then as I haven't received any updated motor info from him, just the timeline for announcement. I wish one of the people that are "in the know allegedly" would post up what they actually know, instead of just saying things like that's not right or no it's not that.

conceptmachine

Established Member
Would like to find out something simple

Will there be a boss mustang available in the next 2 years?
Mach1
BOSS XXX
GT500
?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Going to be interesting, I'm sure ford will make something great.

Last edited:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
I was told last August by a very credible source that they pulled 898rwhp at 16psi from a 5.0 with twin 62mm. I have no reason at all to doubt this source as he is personally known to me and has worked on the car. They may have made a motor change since then as I haven't received any updated motor info from him, just the timeline for announcement. I wish one of the people that are "in the know allegedly" would post up what they actually know, instead of just saying things like that's not right or no it's not that.
If they want over 800hp from an OEM Coyote, they will likely need two turbos.

Port Direct Injection probably helped a great deal and that technology has likely provided most of the delay.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Test cars are out in Michigan.

Look for the TOP mounted Fender Gills or an enlarged bump center hood with forward mounted air scoop.

Top positioned Gills could indicate a Parallel Twin Turbo. A Forward mounted, FUNCTIONAL air scoop could be a large NA engine w/ functional CAI or a Hot V BiTurbo. AMG uses a Hot V BiTurbo and a similar CAI hood scoop.

Appearently still targeted to produce more Horsepower than the Pump Gas Demon (808hp). Initially 808 was the exact number the GT500 was rumored to be.

Rumor is, delays in the Ecoboost V8 program were directly caused by the Voodoo, Spring 2015.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Test cars are out in Michigan.

Look for the TOP mounted Fender Gills or an enlarged bump center hood with forward mounted air scoop.

Top positioned Gills could indicate a Parallel Twin Turbo. A Forward mounted, FUNCTIONAL air scoop could be a large NA engine w/ functional CAI or a Hot V BiTurbo. AMG uses a Hot V BiTurbo and a similar CAI hood scoop.

Appearently still targeted to produce more Horsepower than the Pump Gas Demon (808hp). Initially 808 was the exact number the GT500 was rumored to be.

Rumor is, delays in the Ecoboost V8 program were directly caused by the Voodoo, Spring 2015.
Really, pictures? You live in Pennsylvania.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I never heard or read of that.

Users who are viewing this thread