Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Who is this unicorn aka thePill!??!

We must know.

maxresdefault.jpg

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Personal friend I assume? I honestly don't believe a thing you type. That's just my opinion though.
Who is this unicorn aka thePill!??!

We must know.
Does it matter?

Retired USAF,

When the '13 GT500 was in developed at Nurburgring, I reported the times here. Travis finally acquired a lap confirming the times reported, 2 and a half years later.

I currently contribute to various topics on various media, including Hearst Pitts. It isn't a job but maybe someday.

I had to lock my FB but I guess if you need to do a background check???

Staff Sergeant Kevin McKinney (thePill). I am retired service and have 5 Automotive Degrees via GI Bill.

Send me a friend request but DO NOT bother the other people on my friends list.

I guess that's all I can do? for now?

Can I talk about cars now?

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Did I pass?

Is this why the Cobra Section has become barren? A forum designed to get members to communicate that discourages communication?

LOL!

You knew I was coming to say I told ya so.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Crap, I forgot to mention the Racing.

Well, send a friend request and you can probably get to see some of the SCCA cars in the garage.

I wrecked in 2014 a Beaver Run and due to injury, I did not return.

Edit: Crap, forgot the wreck details for the background check. A '99 Red Camaro SCCA AS. Car belong to Ryan and I wrecked Saturday. He ordered parts via Autozone or Advance in New Castle. They literally mounted the K member, eyed it up (no joke) and he raced Sunday and finished 5th.

Last edited:

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
With everything you've posted on the 6g forum you're bound to get something right. You did the same thing when the 13-14 GT500 was upcoming. If you predict it can be everything you're going to get something right. You've posted anything from a TT289 to an N/A 429 on that site with just about every transmission combo, price ranges, etc....

So tell me and all the other village idiots here Staff Sergeant; (thank you for your service if that's indeed true) and holder of 5 automotive degrees what will the power plant, transmission(s),horsepower level, and any other tidbit of insider information be in the next halo Mustang be? What model year will it be? Seeing as how you have access to such exclusive information like you mentioned on mustang6g please drop that knowledge on us and set the record straight because I'm slightly confused as are many others based on the countless rambling information filled posts that are on that forum. Then maybe you'll pass.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
With everything you've posted on the 6g forum you're bound to get something right. You did the same thing when the 13-14 GT500 was upcoming. If you predict it can be everything you're going to get something right. You've posted anything from a TT289 to an N/A 429 on that site with just about every transmission combo, price ranges, etc....

So tell me and all the other village idiots here Staff Sergeant; (thank you for your service if that's indeed true) and holder of 5 automotive degrees what will the power plant, transmission(s),horsepower level, and any other tidbit of insider information be in the next halo Mustang be? What model year will it be? Seeing as how you have access to such exclusive information like you mentioned on mustang6g please drop that knowledge on us and set the record straight because I'm slightly confused as are many others based on the countless rambling information filled posts that are on that forum. Then maybe you'll pass.
I specifically said "808" and unfortunately, Dodge used that very number.

All the speculation after that, such as Hot V vs. Twin, was to explain how that number was even possible.

First, Dodge used 808 exactly. It's either thePill heard it or thePill has the ability to dictate reality. Let's just pretend one of you guys messaged me the number because that is reality.

I specifically said NO FLAT PLANE and NO SUPERCHARGER. I even suggested that it might need to be bigger than 5.2.

Then, I specifically said the refresh AND Port Direct (not just direct) Injection was coming in '18.

I heard "808" a looooooooong time ago. All the engine guessing was to justify that number. With a prototype running around with gills, that tells me a parallel Twin Turbo could be on board. Remember, thePill said NO TWIN could fit. But, it looks like they want to try it.

The long R&D time says it is something special. I didn't believe in the Voodoo but, these same people are telling me this now.

Everything concerning the GT500 has been very, very specific. I had even heard about a Supercharged '17 but, that never happened. I commentated that event as it happened, even said the Ecoboost needed PDI that was coming in 2018.

The '13-'14 GT500 report from Nurburgring was 100% accurate, Travis (SID) provided video confirmation 2.5 years later.

I will remain specific because it works more than not.

Last edited:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Because you guys are the most important thing in my life, here is the UAW Contract for us common people.

https://uaw.org/app/uploads/2015/11...th-numbers-p24-headings-page-6-charts-p25.pdf

This was signed on or around the 20th of November, 2015 and expires after Model Year 2020 (Nov 2019) On page 8 Romeo, you will see the the $150 Million Dollar investment in Romeo. Notice the upgrades to both 5.2 and 5.0 block/rods, no mention of the 5.0 as a whole.

Regardless, this is after the Voodoo was developed and 3 times the amount Romeo received in 2012 before the Trinity Project.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

He has nothing. He goes off inferences and innuendo and then he adds all these words like a politician does.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
He has nothing. He goes off inferences and innuendo and then he adds all these words like a politician does.
LOL!!!

Please read previous post.

I was specific.

808, PDI and refresh in 2018, GT350 would continue, ZL1 and 1LE programs were merged after the Z28 was canceled.

Dodge used 808, if that doesn't ring a bell then you just have a difficult time with the info provided being correct.

Why wouldn't you acknowledge the truth after it became so?

I don't know... but I would probably get use to it.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
AMG doesn't use hood scoops.

I wouldn't call it that either but it appears that is its function. If a Hot V is used on the GT500, expect it to receive cool air from either a large, center stack "lid" like a Boss 429 or, protrude through the hood, using a similar CAI design that the C63's use, similar to Ram Air. Bottom line is, it is functional and pulling cool air into the turbos.

A Hot V only really needs a rear located heat extractor (port) While a true parallel twin might need those Fender gills.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1488682

Last edited:

Fourcam380

Established Member
I wouldn't call it that either but it appears that is its function. If a Hot V is used on the GT500, expect it to receive cool air from either a large, center stack "lid" like a Boss 429 or, protrude through the hood, using a similar CAI design that the C63's use.

A Hot V only really needs a really located heat extractor. While a true parallel twin might need those Fender gills.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1488682

You wouldn't call what that either?

You said AMG used hood scoops as CAIs in applications using the M177 and M178 4.0 biturbo v8. They don't and the link posted is solidly irrelevant.

Why would anyone that uses a hot (HOT) vee configured TT v8 put anything related to air intake in the center of the (HOT) vee, you know, where the turbos are?

You can't not know this (and the other things mentioned in past postings) and call yourself an engine builder.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
You wouldn't call what that either?

You said AMG used hood scoops as CAIs in applications using the M177 and M178 4.0 biturbo v8. They don't and the link posted is solidly irrelevant.

Why would anyone that uses a hot (HOT) vee configured TT v8 put anything related to air intake in the center of the (HOT) vee, you know, where the turbos are?

You can't not know this (and the other things mentioned in past postings) and call yourself an engine builder.
Look at the Hot V's CAI system. If Ford is using a Hot V, expect it to be a copy and paste of what AMG is using. If an Ecoboost V8 using a Hot V Ecoboost, it will definitely protrude through the hood.

I am not an engine builder.

The post shows a picture of AMG's CAI and it is already set up like Ram Air. That should be relevant in a discussion about a future product.

There is potential to a 1 pc scoop "Lid" I guess but probably no room for a CAI. So, it will be copy and paste AMG's CAI if a Hot V was used.

If it has too mounted Fender gills, it is probably a parallel Twin. I assume both fendrrs had them. Probably not a single turbo.

Fourcam380

Established Member
Look at the Hot V's CAI system. If Ford is using a Hot V, expect it to be a copy and paste of what AMG is using. If an Ecoboost V8 using a Hot V Ecoboost, it will definitely protrude through the hood.

I am not an engine builder.

The post shows a picture of AMG's CAI and it is already set up like Ram Air. That should be relevant in a discussion about a future product.

There is potential to a 1 pc scoop "Lid" I guess but probably no room for a CAI. So, it will be copy and paste AMG's CAI if a Hot V was used.

If it has too mounted Fender gills, it is probably a parallel Twin. I assume both fendrrs had them. Probably not a single turbo.

There is no ram air. The air inlets are to the left and right. The center inlet cools the ecu. The silver covers at the rear shroud the turbos, that's all.

Users who are viewing this thread