Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
There is no ram air. The air inlets are to the left and right. The center inlet cools the ecu. The silver covers at the rear shroud the turbos, that's all.
https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/vehicles/model/class-C/model-C63WS

If it is a Hot V, those CAI inlets could very well protrude through the hood.

That is the entire point of using the AMG as a reference. Similar CAI design, even down to the "inlets". If they stick to what AMG uses, they could literally design anything on top of the hood. As long as the CAI seals when the hood closes.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/vehicles/model/class-C/model-C63WS

If it is a Hot V, those CAI inlets could very well protrude through the hood.

That is the entire point of using the AMG as a reference. Similar CAI design, even down to the "inlets". If they stick to what AMG uses, they could literally design anything on top of the hood. As long as the CAI seals when the hood closes.

There is no ram air on the new c63.

I like how you went from knowing damn well everything, to "could very well protrude...". Smooth!

Do you get your info from horsepower kings or just supply them your supposed insider knowledge?

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
There is no ram air on the new c63.

I like how you went from knowing damn well everything, to "could very well protrude...". Smooth!

Do you get your info from horsepower kings or just supply them your supposed insider knowledge?
This "insider" knowledge is from the same people that talked specifically about PDI and a refresh. He is a forum member like all of you "insiders".

The C63's Hot V system was a reference specifically for its layout. As stated before, IF a Hot V is used, I'd expect it to be as a "scoop".

While the recent "spy pic" at the FoMoCo Test Site had a large, what seemed to be an open scoop located center hood, It is doubtful a Hot V would use a singular center scoop...

...it would use a system similar to the C63's CAI. With the exception of a potential "Ram Air" style, functional hood. The C63 uses two concealed "inlets", "scoops" in the grill. The same exact set up the C63 uses would be optimal opposed to what BMW did.

LOL! Is everyone menstruating?

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
A vehicle using two turbos would need two hood scoops (or concealed air inlets I guess) for a Hot V BiTurbo.

Or, if packaging is an issue, two gills above the front wheels could help.

BMW's CAI retrieves air from the air ducts below the hood lamp. I believe the ATS-V uses a central mounted scoop. Or slit/inlet.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
vkZO9.gif

DepWraith

Established Member
Sticking with what I've been saying a long time: 5.0 with twin 62mm turbos mated to the new 10 speed auto. As for HP, I was told first pull at 16psi got 898rwhp...but that they were doing testing at 775hp and 700trq. Initial price point was 82-85k, but huge dealer kickback was received...I'd expect pricing to be in the low to mid 70's as they are cutting things to get cost down. We should know soon I imagine.

Fourcam380

Established Member

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Now that You're aware?
I have been aware of the Hot V function for some time. The AMG CAI setup is far different than what BMW did.

That strange prototype in the link was photographed in 2011. I did not understand the function of a Hot V BiTurbo in 2011. I was aware of Ford's Indy V8 and how the "Scorpion" Powerstroke worked as well.

This would be the very first time I made the connection between that prototype and a Hot V V8.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
I think Ford hasn't been allocating enough resources to Performance. Our resident exec said the whole group was only about 60 engineers working on everything from GT to Raptor to Focus to Mustang. Dodge had 25 engineers on the Demon alone, and it's a 1-year car they're only making 3300 of...

They're spending a ton on the long-term goal towards autonomy but they missed a huge near-term opportunity by taking so long on the new aluminum Expedition and Navigator. They could've been handing GM their asses for the last 12-months plus in Full-size SUV marketshare. Full-size SUV market is GMs main advantage over Ford and with low gas prices and healthy economy sales are booming. I point that out as another example of missed opportunity.

Ford Performance needs more resources to bring products to market more rapidly. The GT500 is overdue and Dodge and GM have stolen the initiative from Ford, who created the Special Vehicle segment to begin with and first brought supercharging to the masses.

Users who are viewing this thread