Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
You've had nothing, reason you left the first time, you continue to have nothing. Get your crap out of here pill!
LOL!!!

At a minimum, you "insiders" should have known about the refresh and PDI.

I think I like it here... why would I leave?

It's either read, don't read or provide content.

If you are just here to remind people that they don't know the truth then you are just posting to see your words on the internet.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
I think Ford hasn't been allocating enough resources to Performance. Our resident exec said the whole group was only about 60 engineers working on everything from GT to Raptor to Focus to Mustang. Dodge had 25 engineers on the Demon alone, and it's a 1-year car they're only making 3300 of...

They're spending a ton on the long-term goal towards autonomy but they missed a huge near-term opportunity by taking so long on the new aluminum Expedition and Navigator. They could've been handing GM their asses for the last 12-months plus in Full-size SUV marketshare. Full-size SUV market is GMs main advantage over Ford and with low gas prices and healthy economy sales are booming. I point that out as another example of missed opportunity.

Ford Performance needs more resources to bring products to market more rapidly. The GT500 is overdue and Dodge and GM have stolen the initiative from Ford, who created the Special Vehicle segment to begin with and first brought supercharging to the masses.
Difficult to argue that, then again, the Demon does come with 808.

Try to look at it from another perspective. If the GT500 comes out with more than 808 AND being slightly under 4000lbs, piggy backing off of a competitors success is possible.

Example being the '13 GT500 that released its 662 a day after the ZL1's media event was over. Suddenly, everything the ZL1 was capable of potentially possible in the eye of the buyer... and then some. The '13 GT500 stood its ground at the track and ran away in the 1/4.

Maybe it's a good thing. If Ford really wants the "Most Powerful V8" tag, it would be embarrassing to put out an Ecoboost V8 with 808hp just to have Dodge come with 810. I mean, even the Demons Red Key pushes it to 840hp. Does this new engine need that capability too? Is that the delay? Is there even a delay to begin with?

Since the entire MY18 is extended to October, I am led to believe it could be base car related. Refresh (crash test) or engine certs are usually the hold up and Ford rarely does both in the same year. 2015 and '18, all other changes a refresh or redesign would leapfrog any drivetrain upgrades.

There is certainly a gap where a supercharged 2017 GT500 could have been. However, I'd rather Ford dump R&D into the existing GT350 before investing in a Mach 1 or Supercharged GT competitor. A GT350 with PDI and equal shorty's would definitely see gains.

It would be satisfying to see a GT350R take a ZL1LE on engineering alone.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Sticking with what I've been saying a long time: 5.0 with twin 62mm turbos mated to the new 10 speed auto. As for HP, I was told first pull at 16psi got 898rwhp...but that they were doing testing at 775hp and 700trq. Initial price point was 82-85k, but huge dealer kickback was received...I'd expect pricing to be in the low to mid 70's as they are cutting things to get cost down. We should know soon I imagine.

Im still waiting on the June announcement..

in JULY.

I have been aware of the Hot V function for some time. The AMG CAI setup is far different than what BMW did.

That strange prototype in the link was photographed in 2011. I did not understand the function of a Hot V BiTurbo in 2011. I was aware of Ford's Indy V8 and how the "Scorpion" Powerstroke worked as well.

This would be the very first time I made the connection between that prototype and a Hot V V8.

Oh GAWD here we go... 2 of them in the same room.

SMH.

BRAD! Get us a damn thumbs down or "dislike" button already!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
IMG_2670.PNG
Save and use this one for now.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Or not read the tread at all, it is an option.

It is a thread dedicated to how someone feels about a particular thing. I don't think anyone coming on here should have high expectations.

Zemedici

Established Member
Oh GAWD here we go... 2 of them in the same room.

SMH.

BRAD! Get us a damn thumbs down or "dislike" button already!

I support all these sentiments. If I had a dollar for everyone who THOUGHT they knew some insider information about upcoming cars, that were so far from right....hahahahahahaha I could retire

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Or not read the tread at all, it is an option.
It is a thread dedicated to how someone feels about a particular thing. I don't think anyone coming on here should have high expectations.
Easy chief.
It was a lot more bearable before all the freaking jibberish started. (If you know what I mean.)

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Easy chief.
It was a lot more bearable before all the freaking jibberish started. (If you know what I mean.)
I've seen very little intelligent discussion about the vehicle in question.

Member jibberish and forum hostility are common reactions when people cannot participate in technical discussion. It is how my wife acts when she doesn't want to hear about cars.

I just skip over it.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I've seen very little intelligent discussion about the vehicle in question.
Member jibberish and forum hostility are common reactions when people cannot participate in technical discussion. It is how my wife acts when she doesn't want to hear about cars.
I just skip over it.
:rolleyes:
5271309.gif

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
There's no discussion because nobody knows anything yet, except a chosen few and I highly doubt anyone participating in this thread does. It's all speculation. Just stop already.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
My sources are telling me Hot V confirmed with side gills on all fenders including the roof have been created to force incoming air into the butthole of the driver producing a feeling of messy diarrhea after a long night of convenience store Mexican food and binge cheap beer drinking which has never before been experienced within the auto industry.

Will be a first and definite game changer for Ford.

Expect an official announcement Octember 33rd!

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
There's no discussion because nobody knows anything yet, except a chosen few and I highly doubt anyone participating in this thread does. It's all speculation. Just stop already.
Stop a discussion on a forum dedicated to discussion?

The topic ask about customer frustration levels concerning a potential product.

At the head of the conversation should be reasons why customers need to wait so long. But for some reason, discussion on this particular topic needs to stop?

Close the thread then and move to a relevant topic.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
WTF? Who the hell said anything about stopping it. I'm only referring to the stupid speculation in here.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
WTF? Who the hell said anything about stopping it. I'm only referring to the stupid speculation in here.
It is a discussion about a future and unofficial product.

A discussion as to why a GT500 isn't here yet.

I said 808, Dodge took 808 but I'd rather blame the '18 refresh/drivetrain upgrade. MY2018 has been pushed back.

Hostility and jibberish, no need.

Users who are viewing this thread