Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
So now that this thread has run it's course, let me just summarize:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

How in the world could the hot vee cai pill be wrong? He's been to the ring by golly....

91z28350

Established Member
LOL, hmm I have run the ring in a track rental, does that mean anything I post is now GOSPEL :) LOL

For the record I did do it under 10 minutes, so while not record setting in the gt-86, I at least beat the lorry time.

This pointless post brought to you by an almost serendipitous trip to Germany several years ago.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
18/19 as a halo send off for the s550 cars seems appropriate. The 93 cobra and cobra r, 03/04 cobra, 13/14 cobra all landed at the end of product life cycles.

I'm not expecting ford to do so, but if they wanted to, it'd be fun to see a demon fighter. I doubt they'll bother. With how the gt500 will likely ship, they only need to offer something like a drag pack to make it a high 9 car. Slicks, skinnies, a 110+ tune, and weight reduction via wheels, seats etc would be enough if it has a 7spd dct and roughly 675-700whp.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
18/19 as a halo send off for the s550 cars seems appropriate. The 93 cobra and cobra r, 03/04 cobra, 13/14 cobra all landed at the end of product life cycles.

I'm not expecting ford to do so, but if they wanted to, it'd be fun to see a demon fighter. I doubt they'll bother. With how the gt500 will likely ship, they only need to offer something like a drag pack to make it a high 9 car. Slicks, skinnies, a 110+ tune, and weight reduction via wheels, seats etc would be enough if it has a 7spd dct and roughly 675-700whp.
I have a '93 Cobra, sold my '04 but will eventually have another, and love my '14, so I definitely see your point of Ford going hard on an S550 send off in '18-19 if there's a new Mustang coming in 2020.
I've always liked the GT500 and adding on a track pack and a drag pack for separate owner goals, and I brought up the 50th anniversary of a GT500KR being a fitting tribute, but again, it's all just bench racing until we get some concrete info.
Say what you want, but SRT owned marketing a muscle car with the Hellcat and especially the Demon. Would be nice if Ford gave some teasers on a new GT500.
-J

DepWraith

Established Member
What's interesting is the number of people who say "no" to info provided to us by known engineers working on the product, yet don't share any of their alleged "I'm in the know" information to counter the information they say is correct. I'm pretty sure Ford is on the cusp of releasing it (seeing how the ordering banks should be opening very soon for MY18), and after that it will be too late to say "I told you so"; as anyone can come on here and say "no, that's not right" and then take credit later if something changed (which it always does). If anyone really has information that contradicts any presented information, they should share with the board. Isn't that what the purpose of a forum is for, discussion and not just denial?

I've been passing along very credible information from someone on the project and have protected her/his identity while doing so. Would be great if one of these "no" people would step up, put their money where their mouth is so to speak, and provide details to debunk the already provided information. It can be done without revealing your source very easily. So I guess the question here is, if this is possible (Like I've shown), then why isn't anyone providing details instead of just saying "no"? I'm guessing because they don't have any details and they don't want to look bad when it is released and the "no" people were wrong. Just my opinion and really wish more people would share information.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What's interesting is the number of people who say "no" to info provided to us by known engineers working on the product, yet don't share any of their alleged "I'm in the know" information to counter the information they say is correct. I'm pretty sure Ford is on the cusp of releasing it (seeing how the ordering banks should be opening very soon for MY18), and after that it will be too late to say "I told you so"; as anyone can come on here and say "no, that's not right" and then take credit later if something changed (which it always does). If anyone really has information that contradicts any presented information, they should share with the board. Isn't that what the purpose of a forum is for, discussion and not just denial?

I've been passing along very credible information from someone on the project and have protected her/his identity while doing so. Would be great if one of these "no" people would step up, put their money where their mouth is so to speak, and provide details to debunk the already provided information. It can be done without revealing your source very easily. So I guess the question here is, if this is possible (Like I've shown), then why isn't anyone providing details instead of just saying "no"? I'm guessing because they don't have any details and they don't want to look bad when it is released and the "no" people were wrong. Just my opinion and really wish more people would share information.

DBK isn't going to let anything out of the bag.

No one, "in the know", is going to tie their name with a statement about future projects...that's how you QUICKLY become "out of the know".

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member

Look man, don't take it personally. I'm legitimately not trying to give you grief. I'm just telling you, whoever is telling you this stuff either is intentionally misinforming you, or they just don't know what they are talking about.

There's no need to post contradictory information debunking what you've posted. Time will do that, as it has with these announcement dates you keep being given. Bookmark this post if you'd like, and we can come back and discuss how wrong the information you've been given on powertrain, production dates, model year, etc is.

DepWraith

Established Member
I'm not taking it personally, especially since I KNOW THE PERSON giving me the info and you haven't provided ANY info. If I'm being misled, then they are misleading members of their own design team and not sure how that can be held against me?

Again, I was told May 29th that Ford was planning on an announcement in 4 to 6 weeks (we are still in this time frame).

Order banks open the 17th I believe? So hopefully we should know by then.

I will gladly come back and revisit this post after the announcement to compare notes.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Ok dude, you win. You wanted it, you got it.

I'm not taking it personally, especially since I KNOW THE PERSON giving me the info and you haven't provided ANY info. If I'm being misled, then they are misleading members of their own design team and not sure how that can be held against me?

Again, I was told May 29th that Ford was planning on an announcement in 4 to 6 weeks (we are still in this time frame).

Order banks open the 17th I believe? So hopefully we should know by then.

I will gladly come back and revisit this post after the announcement to compare notes.

No, they really, really aren't. Consider it bookmarked. We'll come back September 1st and discuss the limited release MY2018 GT500 5.0L TT. It'll age as well as all this has.

Might know Jan 19th...scratch that, bad info.

I'd be willing to bet there is a 2018 GT500...and I think there's a really good chance of the reveal in New York in April.

Well, I'd be willing to bet some cash of course. I can't say how I know, but trust me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Look for a limited release this summer (much like the GT350 2015 release) with normal full ordering this fall. 5.0, twin 62mm's, 775hp/700trq, priced in low 70's.

Save your pennies, it's gonna happen this year.

Limited release this summer like the GT350 was then full orders this fall.

Pretty sure reveal will be in April at New York show. Order banks usually don't open until May.

Yes, 5.0 I don't know where the 5.2 talk came from, lol.

DepWraith

Established Member
Summer released was pushed back due to design issues (hard starting and oil consumption issues) as I've already mentioned. (that's the first 6 quotes you posted).

5.2 with CPC? No way they get the supercharged power they want from a 5.2 at a boost point that carries a warranty. (7th and last quote)

No 2018? Ok, they will make it next year with a complete Mustang redesign scheduled for the following year...because that makes sense.

As for misleading their team members; if what I've shared isn't true, then YES THEY ARE. You don't even know who I got this info from and I can assure you this person would not give me false info.

Don't take it personally. I'm legitimately not trying to give you grief either. I'm just telling you, whoever is telling you this stuff either is intentionally misinforming you, or they just don't know what they are talking about...especially since you have nothing to share other that the word "no".

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Summer released was pushed back due to design issues (hard starting and oil consumption issues) as I've already mentioned. (that's the first 6 quotes you posted).

5.2 with CPC? No way they get the supercharged power they want from a 5.2 at a boost point that carries a warranty. (7th and last quote)

No 2018? Ok, they will make it next year with a complete Mustang redesign scheduled for the following year...because that makes sense.

As for misleading their team members; if what I've shared isn't true, then YES THEY ARE. You don't even know who I got this info from and I can assure you this person would not give me false info.

Don't take it personally. I'm legitimately not trying to give you grief either. I'm just telling you, whoever is telling you this stuff either is intentionally misinforming you, or they just don't know what they are talking about...especially since you have nothing to share other that the word "no".

No, it wasn't.

4 to 6 weeks from May 29th.

6 weeks from May 29th = July 10th.

Today.

Add another to the pile. But we'll come back August 1st to revisit before the September 1st revisit.

I don't care who is telling you this stuff. If Jim Hackett himself is dialing you up to give you the inside scoop, he's doing it to mess with you. Was wrong, is wrong, will be wrong.

Last edited:

DepWraith

Established Member
Ok, you win DBK.

All my info is completely wrong, wrong, wrong as you said and all your info, which is so secret the internet can't be told, is 100% correct.

Still funny that I can share info given from a friend and project employee, but yet nobody knows who that is and that you have the "correct info" from a project employee, but don't know how to share it without signing your name at the end of it.

Ever think that maybe you are the one that is being messed with on your inside scoop? Maybe because you have leaked info before other releases?

Users who are viewing this thread