Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Also, when is this car coming? November/December 2018 seems completely unlikely. Mid 19 as a 20?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Agreed. I know you got guys saying this is normal cycle, but had a meet and then highway pulls with some local guys who are all potential buyers. 2/4 are Mustang guys but there were 2 Hellcats (one widebody), 1 6.4 SRT Charger and a ZL1 Camaro.
Not counting me, having both a Hellcat and 2014 GT500.
Prob 2/4 of them were potential GT500 buyers. We talked 350/500 and we all respected the 350 but want more power.
Basically nothing changed since starting this thread.
-J

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Its been so long since Ford announced that they are building a new GT500, that my daughter got pregnant, had my first grandchild, got pregnant again, and my second grandchild is due next month. I'm going to have, like 6 grand kids by the time one shows up at a dealership.

Never took you for Amish.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
If it wasn't for the wing... I would think it looks pretty decent. I don't know squat about the car though. Last Honda I owned was in 1990. I had a 1990 Acura Integra.

At 35,000 miles the motor needed to be rebuilt because the timing chain/belt/whatever stretched too far and it grenaded. The dealer said Honda wouldn't warranty it because changing the timing chain every 30,000 mile was part of the scheduled maintenance and I didn't replace it. I complained that I had a pre-paid service agreement and the dealer should have done it when I took it in for the 30k service... and their response was "that isn't covered under the maintenance agreement."

Never bought another Honda product again.

Honda engines from that time frame were well known for wearing out the timing belts. Luckily, the cost to replace the belt was pretty low, even for that time and even for someone short on cash.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
So last week was the NASCAR mustang for 2019 news and the 10 millionth mustang built.

Now there is another announcement this Thursday morning at 10am.

Any guesses as to what it could be ?

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
This Thursday, without admitting it, they will announce a new car that was supposed to be the GT500 but they decided to repurpose it to something lesser so they can save face for Dodge and Chevy having already put out cars that wipe it off the road. It will be called the GT425. Now they are trying to modify the Cobrajet to something streetlegal in its place to be revealed by mid 2019. By then Dodge and Chevy will beat it yet again prior to release so they will scrap the whole thing to focus on a performance truck or SUV to try to compete with the Trackhawk. They will fail yet again and stick with the Bronco and Ranger and all F series and sporty and luxury SUVs and kill their performance line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread