Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

Fourcam380

Established Member
The dual clutch thing only makes sense to me if the A10 can't take whatever the GT500 is making.

Typically it's not about strength it's about rpm however seeing the 8k redline on the new GT (if in fact those pics are accurate) makes me think the 10A can take the rpm.

Shift quickness is also much less of an issue with the 10A and obviously both Ford and Chevy have access to the 10A.

So if you were Ford and knew the new mid engine'd C8 was otw with said tremec DCT, and wanted to further separate the GT500 from other Stang's (in terms of marketing if nothing else) and let's face it if they come to market with a TVS blown anything they're going to need to be different in some way.

Just MHO.

Lawrenzo

Established Member
Ford- you snooze you lose(a customer!) I bought this instead-
2006%20FE%20169%20at%20West%20Coast%20Exotics%208.jpg

It's a heads/cam/Belanger Headers/ACR-X exhaust/Wavetrack 3:55 rear etc.. Gen 3 Viper with all kinds of aftermarket goodies. It put down 556 RWHP and 554 RWtQ on a DynoJet.

2006%20FE%20169%20at%20West%20Coast%20Exotics%204_2.jpg

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
2006%20FE%20169%20at%20West%20Coast%20Exotics%208.jpg

It's a heads/cam/Belanger Headers/ACR-X exhaust/Wavetrack 3:55 rear etc.. Gen 3 Viper with all kinds of aftermarket goodies. It put down 556 RWHP and 554 RWtQ on a DynoJet.
Very nice. Congrats and enjoy.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Awesome 3rd gen, great find.

Id love to get a 4th gen and customize the front to cleanly/perfectly fit a gen 2 sizes/shaped headlight but fit with drl's and led's. It'd be even better if it could have the premium gts interior but the acr suspension and brakes. If the aero is detachable, even better.

Lawrenzo

Established Member
Go for it!! Frankenstein style. Problem with the Gen 4 though is the damn drive by wire throttle. I hate it with a passion. With this Gen 3 I get old school throttle response, great low end torque and 650+ HP!

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
After having a pro driver take me out for a HOT lap in a '16 ACR and then following him in a separate ACR at what he said was 70-80% I will say the grip and capability of the ACR is mind blowing, especially from a drag racer :)
Love the blue, great pickup.
-J

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Vipers are excellent. I hate the way people talk crap on them constantly.

Any car with that much grip will break loose into sudden loss not controllable loss.

You're pulling 1.1-1.6 g's when you lose it in a viper. The reason high grip cars come around so fast when you lose it in them is because of physics. The object will rotate very quickly once lost at those g's.

If you put crap 245/55/18's on a viper, it would break loose and drift beautifully because the tire would only have .85 g in it give or take.

There's so much bullshit that gets thrown at vipers for no good reason. People are literally just jealous.

I'd also love to build a completely naked gen 2 viper frame with an na 5.2 voodoo mill and no body panels at all. Think of an aerial atom or tubular frame kit car basically.

By welding a solid 12pt cage around the cab/to the frame points and taking the body off, going full build and getting an 8500rpm engine in a 2250lbs machine, it would be epic...

Here's a naked caged c5 vette that went 146mph in the quarter mile with a mild engine/turbo setup.

http://www.lsxmag.com/news/video-cleetus-mcfarlands-skeleton-c5-corvette-goes-9s/

image.png

image.png

image.png

But done as a viper with a voodoo mill.... I gotta win a few lotterys and get going on some shit

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Naked viper but not a proper cage.
image.png

On a side note, it'd be nice if there was gt500 news so we could discuss a gt500 in a gt500 thread on an svt site in a forum sectioned for gt500 discussions... Gt500...

johnkn

Established Member
Congrats on the Gen3. Put a Gen4 hood on it, you'll love it. Can't blame you, I'm growing weary waiting as well and want to pull the trigger on something...

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I was going to buy a German car 2 years back with turbos, a v8 and great suspension but couldn't bring myself to plunk down on a foreign car.

I did a medium 5 figure build on my 03 cobra instead. No regrets. I've wanted twin turbos, Dohc v8, 7500+rpm, competent suspension and great interior in a 3500lbs package for years.

I have a shitty interior with no hope but otherwise I checked off the other boxes. I'd love something with a warranty and easy to insure but not sure when I'll be able to buy it from an American company...

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I was going to buy a German car 2 years back with turbos, a v8 and great suspension but couldn't bring myself to plunk down on a foreign car.

I did a medium 5 figure build on my 03 cobra instead. No regrets. I've wanted twin turbos, Dohc v8, 7500+rpm, competent suspension and great interior in a 3500lbs package for years.

I have a shitty interior with no hope but otherwise I checked off the other boxes. I'd love something with a warranty and easy to insure but not sure when I'll be able to buy it from an American company...
I'd love to see some pics of this bad boy.
Sad to see Ford loosing so many potential buyers on this and other sites.
Many of us want more than 526hp.
-J

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congrats on the Viper! You'll love it!

But, it didn't cost Ford a car sale. The only way it would cost them a sale is if 1 car goes unsold. I hate to keep pointing out the obvious (as I'm ready for them to announce the next one as well), but say 50 guys/gals on this forum buy a Corvette....its not going to effect Ford or their sales in the least.

Users who are viewing this thread