Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

ObieFox

Established Member
How much you wanna bet with?

I'm your huckleberry. If you know, say. Otherwise one big circle jerk session. Lots of stuff changing these days at Ford.... I'll believe it when I see it and in the mean time, I'll drive the great cars that are already shipping.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm your huckleberry. If you know, say. Otherwise one big circle jerk session. Lots of stuff changing these days at Ford.... I'll believe it when I see it and in the mean time, I'll drive the great cars that are already shipping.

Did someone say circle jerk?

source.gif

Kwolff

Established Member
I was going to post this a while ago but I thought it was well known amongst "insiders" that the CEO of Ford is not into "performance" and the GT500 is dead. The CEO's focus is on "green", "turbo" and ""hybrid" or combination of. No more funding for efficient or performance, straight combustion, engines.

ObieFox

Established Member
The end is near.

Mark Fields was sacked because Ford is way behind in Automation and Electric. The new administration has made it clear that they will focus on high margin, high volume trucks and mass transportation, electric automated vehicles.

I wish it wasn't true, but the end is here. Ford is in a fight for its very existence.

SlowSVT

Established Member
The "end" was in 2014

Ford appears to be doing well with the Mustang but my tea leaves tell me there will be no major V8 performance programs from this point going forward. You can bet the farm their figuring out how to put an electric motor and big battery in a Mustang

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The car isn't dead, I saw Mark Zuckerberg move exactly $62,500 from a private account. This can obviously only be to buy a gt500. Fact.

Hourigan218

Established Member
Well just like the end of the muscle car era of the 60's and 70's due to emmisions the same will happen again. Funny how history repeats itself. Their possibly will be another halo mustang but I think it's safe to say that after that the horsepower wars will be coming to an end. We have hit the peak and now starting the decline. To all good things and end must come. We will still have the after market to satisfy our needs. It's been fun!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
As long as gas prices stay low there will be demand. Horsepower can be made efficiently and the upcoming battery revolution can also mean very fast cars (see Tesla).
I really doubt the next GT500 was killed, but I'd expect NAIAS in January to know.
-J

Mwynn

Established Member
Well just like the end of the muscle car era of the 60's and 70's due to emmisions the same will happen again. Funny how history repeats itself. Their possibly will be another halo mustang but I think it's safe to say that after that the horsepower wars will be coming to an end. We have hit the peak and now starting the decline. To all good things and end must come. We will still have the after market to satisfy our needs. It's been fun!
I totally agree, we have reached the peak in the HP wars... yet our beloved Ford performance has not responded with a heavy hitter. Look at all the media lately.... magazines, TV commercials, and internet adds..... Dodge is killing it! Hell... I never even liked the brand, but I been thinking about those demons! Chevy is doing OK in its advertising....... Ford has nothing new or exciting yet. This new gt500 better be a show stopper, game over kinda deal! Let's hope so!

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Disagree with both.

Mark Fields was sacked because Ford is way behind in Automation and Electric. The new administration has made it clear that they will focus on high margin, high volume trucks and mass transportation, electric automated vehicles.

I wish it wasn't true, but the end is here. Ford is in a fight for its very existence.

The "end" was in 2014

Ford appears to be doing well with the Mustang but my tea leaves tell me there will be no major V8 performance programs from this point going forward. You can bet the farm their figuring out how to put an electric motor and big battery in a Mustang

Users who are viewing this thread