Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Why bother talking about what's usable on the street? Even if you get it to the ground, on the street... its pointless. In Va, its gonna be the quickest car to 19mph over the posted limit or 79mph (whichever comes first) then the state takes it and you go to jail.

Both of my GT500's sucked without DR's. My Hellcat sucks without DR's. My GT350 is right on the edge of the MPSS'. The new GT500 will probably suck on the street without track tires.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I got a wild hair and loaded up the ol forza horizon 3 for shits and giggle’s.

Took the Gt350r to the air strip, and lined it up for the distance I know is a 1/4 mile. It ran 122 bone stock which is basically real world accurate. Did multiple passes, same result.

I went to the garage, bought the race trans, put in tr6060 ratios and a 3.73 rear. I also put the supercharger, heaviest cooling mods, and the full cage to get the car to 750hp and 3900lbs. I also put the sticky race tire 315/335 tires on it, and almost put a heavy wheel but stopped short of that. I did put the forza aero on the car to mimic the downforce it looks to be getting.

At the strip it ran 135mph with 750hp at 3900lbs. And the top end pull was good.

I took a 650hp camaro zl1 out and it was doing 125mph, and a 707hp hellcat went 125, the ‘13 gt500 trinity went 126.

I took a hellcat and mimic’d a demon and got 139, and took a zl1 and mimic’d a 1le and got 124

For what it’s worth, I think a 750hp gt500 at 3900lbs has easy high 10’s at 135+ without an auto. If it’s offered, it may well run lower 10.4’s to 10.3’s if I’m honest.

I drove that gt500 wannabe gt350r around the map for a solid 30 minutes after that. It did an easy 200mph, and handled very good even with 54% on the nose. I didn’t touch the suspension tune. I pulled it back in, bought the race suspension and race brakes, and bumped it to 850hp to represent track prep, suspension, and bolt ons. It was one fast bitch at that point.

I think a gt500kr might have 850hp and if it does, it’ll be very quick. I clocked a 142 trap speed with the 850hp combo.

It’s video games but this thread is 1000000 pages and everybody is bored.

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I'm gonna have to kick my kid off the xbox real quick.... that doesn't sound right.

At the runway in the outback, set the car about 5ft from the edge of the second set of double strips from the speed camera.

That sounds super confusing so here is a rough drawing because I’m not by my Xbox and I can’t find an online pic
A491780A-5B13-40CF-8CCD-CAF166EA004B.jpeg

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Uh you mean the Escudo right?

QFT.

The little Suzuki that could. 2250lbs, and the exploitable down force to basically fly. I glitched the setting on one in gran turismo 3 and did like way above the sound barrier...

Back to gt500 news, I think we get into this week, I hope so anyways

01performanceredvertsnake

Established Member
My roommate has Forza but I believe it’s Horizon I’m not sure and he bought the 350R and 00R and put V12s in them, I told him that’s blasphemy! He now has to consult me before any changes hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
The ORIGINAL Gran Turismo. Probably before your time.

https://www.gtplanet.net/library/gran-turismo-1/

The all wheel drive Mitsubishi GTO (aka 3000 GT) was the fastest car in the game. Too bad they were giant turds in real life.

Uh you mean the Escudo right?

QFT.

The little Suzuki that could. 2250lbs, and the exploitable down force to basically fly. I glitched the setting on one in gran turismo 3 and did like way above the sound barrier...

Back to gt500 news, I think we get into this week, I hope so anyways

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The ORIGINAL Gran Turismo. Probably before your time.

https://www.gtplanet.net/library/gran-turismo-1/

The all wheel drive Mitsubishi GTO (aka 3000 GT) was the fastest car in the game. Too bad they were giant turds in real life.

Looks like the oval test track. I miss the simplicity and rhythm of gt1 and gt2. Gt3 lost the used cars... very sad.

Gt2 had some very potent rides. I had the Vector something or other going pretty fast as well as the Lister something something, and the Tommy Karara zz2 or something something

How the **** I remember any of that is beyond me.

Last edited by a moderator:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Gt500 ford. Come on. Get it out. Get it done. We are seriously talking about video game cars because you haven’t released this damn thing yetZ

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
What interior upgrades are there, other than the optional full LCD instrument panel?
That is mainly it.
Hard to get used to all the cool SRT pages/functions and a large digital dash and know the base car has it but not the top performance model.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread