Anyone Have A KR?

Intruder

Established Member
As the stories go, there were some pictures of the underside of a KR floating around on teamshelby.com . These pictures showed various part numbers of the exhaust etc.

They were removed due to these numbers being "top secret".

I'm guessing you can order these parts if you have the numbers, otherwise what would be the point of removing the pics?

It would be great if someone posted these pics/numbers here, just because.

It's friggin rediculous the lengths Shelby is trying to go, to to keep a production car's part numbers secret. Unbelievable. I wonder if the KR owners have to sign something preventing them from taking pictures of their 80K car? It's hard not to start disliking Shelby when I see so many V6 "GT500" clones being posted on the various forms. No one seems to give a rats a** about that in Vegas.

I think it's time to unwrap their KR's dirty little secrets while ADM's are the highest. Maybe if people have access to some or all of these parts, it'll bring them down a notch or 2.

Time for a backlash!

Last edited:

drmustang

Banned
As the stories go, there were some pictures of the underside of a KR floating around on teamshelby.com . These pictures showed various part numbers of the exhaust etc.

They were removed due to these numbers being "top secret".

I'm guessing you can order these parts if you have the numbers, otherwise what would be the point of removing the pics?

It would be great if someone posted these pics/numbers here, just because.

It's friggin rediculous the lengths Shelby is trying to go, to to keep a production car's part numbers secret. Unbelievable. I wonder if the KR owners have to sign something preventing them from taking pictures of their 80K car? It's hard not to start disliking Shelby when I see so many V6 "GT500" clones being posted on the various forms. No one seems to give a rats a** about that in Vegas.

I think it's time to unwrap their KR's dirty little secrets while ADM's are the highest. Maybe if people have access to some or all of these parts, it'll bring them down a notch or 2.

Time for a backlash!

The Shelbyautos forum is kinda like the Twighlight Zone of internet boards. The site is aggressively moderated and censored. It is simply amazing to note that with the KR suffering from inexcuseable delivery delays their corporate President has the time to argue with customers and enthusiasts about the abcensce of replacement parts and the "exclusivity" of everything involving the KR.

Leonard 95

Established Member
They probably don't want you to find out how much they are ripping you on that kr package. We have one at work, its 35 grand for the kr package. Excuse me, 35 grand for what, susp mods, cold air intake, gears, some carbon fiber stuff, ugly 18 inch wheels and some engine dress up mod caps that say kr. I have yet to find 35 grand worth of stuff. Makes no since cause you can get a SS package for like 30 grand or so and have 750hp.

I love my gt500 btw, but I would never pay 70-80 grand for sticker price for kr, not including the ridiculous adms on them. I would maybe pay around 55-60 tops.

Leonard 95

Established Member
BTW, if I ever get time at work I will try to get part #'s down of the exhaust and susp if I can seem them.

Intruder

Established Member
It would be great if you could post them here for everyone to see.

It'll never be posted on teamshelby.com....... it violates their selective cloning policies....

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i really dont see what the problem is. the aftermarket offers products with higher performance potential for a cheaper price, so what the hell is your peoples obsession with the KR? do you hate that there is a new top dog? do you want to make a clone or something? i just dont get it.

the reason it costs so much is because it is RARE. i mean, if your gonna argue performance vs price, we can go a LONG way back through history and point out numerous models. GNX maybe? or what about the OG ZR1? sure, it was a hell of a performer in its time, but i bet you could build a faster vette too. cobra Rs? yep, you could build a faster mustang. these are the same vehicles that people look at in awe because of their rarity and factory performance. but for some rediculous reason, people are downplaying the KR, which is without a doubt, one of these cars. jealousy? i cant say, but, whatever the reason, its rediculous.

Intruder

Established Member
I'll tell you what is rediculous..... having pictures of a mustang removed from a website because they show part numbers.......

Which must mean......

If you know the numbers, you can order the parts......

Which is good.......

Since, if you can build a KR clone, the ADM's will most likely come down.....

Which is good.....

Since it will save KR buyers money......

Which is good....

Unless you are a Ford dealer.......

But it won't affect the KR value because it has specially signed and numbered plaques.....

Which is good......

Since no one wants to lose their investment in a fairly priced KR.....

So, the only ones who should be upset over part number posting are those who work for Ford......

Do you work for Ford Ry Trapp0????

Then why do you care about something that benefits the many, but disturbs the few?

Shelby Autos could care less about cloning GT500's......

If you own one, direct your concern to them regarding their double standards.....

If someone owns a KR that is deliverd, share those part numbers.......

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
oh, you mean your just doing this for the sole purpose of helping out a fellow stanger by artificially lowering the value of their purchase? well my appologies then, what a noble mission you are on!

uummm, yea, OK. i mean is that really the only reason you have? thats it??? and thats a pretty good theory, but there is no chance in hell that maybe a few hundred clones would devalue the car to the point to where dealers were having trouble getting them off the lots.

but who am i kidding? this is america; praise capitalism but God forbid anyone makes an honest dime!

Last edited:

Leonard 95

Established Member
Hardly jealous of this car. I just think for the 80 grand sticker price you would get more for your money. I hope they all sell and dealers get lots of money for them, but if I had 80 grand plus just to waste it sure wouldn't be on a kr. I would rather just buy another gt500 and have it SS, I would say those are somewhat rare also and better buy in my opinion.

freakshow12

Established Member
The Shelbyautos forum is kinda like the Twighlight Zone of internet boards. The site is aggressively moderated and censored. It is simply amazing to note that with the KR suffering from inexcuseable delivery delays their corporate President has the time to argue with customers and enthusiasts about the abcensce of replacement parts and the "exclusivity" of everything involving the KR.

exclusivity of parts LOL anyone else notice the rear wing is a V6 part LOL. my local dealer has a row of the little guys with the same wing

ff500

Established Member
You can a,z,x plan pricing on a gt500 in Canada right now and it will probably follow in the US towards the end of the year on the 08's. I think they may have over built this run on the GT500's. I don't know how the sales are going with the Kr's, I have read that they are way behind on the builds though.

skyhighsd

Established Member
i really dont see what the problem is. the aftermarket offers products with higher performance potential for a cheaper price, so what the hell is your peoples obsession with the KR? do you hate that there is a new top dog? do you want to make a clone or something? i just dont get it.

Well said!

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
I think the point is being missed here. The issue was that an image of the underside of a production KR was pulled from TeamShelby for no apparent reason. Allegedly, in that image someone could read the part numbers from the exhaust components... :shrug:

So, if the purchase of the same exhaust system would devalue production KR's...then the whole model of the Shelby dynasty doesn't hold any water. I.e. if all I have to do is buy a S/C 5.4 from FRPP, then I have a Shelby GT500...then cool...but I don't think it works that way. Put that engine in a Focus...might be neat, but I don't think it devalues GT500's because you claim you have a "Shelby Focus" for example. Likewise, we can all purchase FRPP CAI's and short shifters and nobody at SAI seems to care. I can see why SAI would care about who gets the GT500KR stripes, or the badges...but everything else should be for sale just like any part (including their own SS and GT parts for example)

Also, if SAI was so concerned about cloning, why then do they allow folks to buy every part for our GT500's, Shelby GT's, SS's right from their site and/or Ford direct?

My theory is that they are under a crunch to build these units, and they can't afford to have the demand for the exhaust/hoods/wheels/whatever go way up before they are done. Once they are built, the parts will become available. They have done this with every other car they sell...so why would they change just for this one?

Back to topic...I like how the KR sounds. We will most likely find out it's just some combination of stuff from FRPP/JBA/Borla/? and no big deal. I'll wait until someone figures it out then I'll pick it the set. Either with SAI's endorsement or without.

ff500

Established Member
I don't think any kr parts are available to the public for at least the 1st year of production at least thats what I was told.

Intruder

Established Member
oh, you mean your just doing this for the sole purpose of helping out a fellow stanger by artificially lowering the value of their purchase? well my appologies then, what a noble mission you are on!

uummm, yea, OK. i mean is that really the only reason you have? thats it??? and thats a pretty good theory, but there is no chance in hell that maybe a few hundred clones would devalue the car to the point to where dealers were having trouble getting them off the lots.

but who am i kidding? this is america; praise capitalism but God forbid anyone makes an honest dime!

I'm at a loss as to how you can think my post above translates into I want to artifically lower the value of a KR they just purchased, nor do I think Ford will have trouble moving these cars off the lot.

But don't you think that if you had a parts catalogue full of KR parts, the "Frod" dealers may shy away from charging 120-150K for an 80K car? If you could buy the KR for 85-90K, who does that hurt exactly, other than Ford dealerships? So I'll ask again, why do you care?

My motivation? 4 things really, thanks for asking.

1) I'm pretty sure I can get part numbers for just about any production vehicle in the world that is driving around on the street. It makes no sense for Shelby to make the KR an exception to this rule, and its aggravating to me that they are attempting this. You bring up America and capitalism, but doesn't America have something to say about censorship? teamshelby.com is engaged in censorship on their website. This whole thing smells more like a surpressed story coming out of China regarding the olympics than a website dedicated to enjoying cars.

2) I want to clone my GT500 and turn it into a KR. Why, because it will apparently upset people at Shelby, and, because I like the look of the car, and because it's easily doable.

3) Because if Shelby doesn't care about kids turning their V6 into a GT500 like this,

______________________________________________________________________________________

Just got my venom hood whatcha guys think! Also selling my old GT500 hood PM me if interested!
Attached Thumbnails

2006 Mustang V6 Pony package

Performance Mods: Borla stingers, Ford racing t-lok, and 4:10 gears, C&L CAI, Diablosport Tune

Exterior Mods: Shelby GT500 Venom hood, front bumper, rear bumper, spoiler, and 20" Shelby Razors

__________________________________________________________________________________________

than they shouldn't care about the KR so much.

4) I'm interested in my investment being treated equally. Aren't you interested in the same thing?

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
The KR is the exact mustang I wanted the GT500 to be minus the stripes and rear spoiler :)

It has everything I want or already have on my own car but without the headaches!

You can not beat factory installed by Ford, that is why the SS is junk IMO (I would rather build my own)

S91

Established Member
The KR is the exact mustang I wanted the GT500 to be minus the stripes and rear spoiler :)

It has everything I want or already have on my own car but without the headaches!

You can not beat factory installed by Ford, that is why the SS is junk IMO (I would rather build my own)

KR goes to SAI too.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
1 of 1000 is rare? (Hmmmm says the MC owner)
I think its funny that this is even an issue. People are going to copy it if they like it no matter how hard you try. Only folks that care or follow this sort of thing will truley know anyways. To the casual observer its all the same. Another nice looking Mustang.
I think the KR is a rip honestly. Whats a joke that people are paying $100k+ for a Mustang. :nonono: Its not worth it! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread