Anyone Have A KR?

drmustang

Banned
The drama surrounding the KR mufflers is rapidly approaching critcal mass as SAI's President has injected her boiler plate PR tone into the mix on the SAI board. She is now personally attacking enthusiasts and closing threads at will. Amazing that she has the time for this with the KRs so far behind schedule.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
The drama surrounding the KR mufflers is rapidly approaching critcal mass as SAI's President has injected her boiler plate PR tone into the mix on the SAI board. She is now personally attacking enthusiasts and closing threads at will. Amazing that she has the time for this with the KRs so far behind schedule.

Any more details? I don't go there a lot and often miss most of the drama, although what I see makes me :fm:

ff500

Established Member
The black knob is a little smaller than the stock shifter, I have carnival hands so it feels huge to me.

Amy is going nuts over there, Its crazy! sai is a money monger.

ff500

Established Member
I wanted to post this again they keep saying over at sai its a shelby exhaust system when the window sticker clearly shows ford racing power upgrade pack, am I missing something?

83-1.jpg

Intruder

Established Member
Agreed. Amy is completly out of control over there. Must be the KR's are already finished up and she has time on her hands. She contradicts herself so much on teamshelby it makes my head spin. Trouble is when I think I've seen her say something different than what she's currently saying, and I go back to look, the thread, the poster, or large sections are deleted/censored out.

Leonard 95

Established Member
All that mess of some stupid ass mufflers, it's pathetic. Who really gives 2 shits if we can buy mufflers that are for kr, it isn't gonna make the value go down on your damn kr. Not my fault you paid over 100k for a mustang that has susp mods and cold air....

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Any more details? I don't go there a lot and often miss most of the drama, although what I see makes me :fm:

At various points they (she?) has claimed they are simply protecting the "ignorant" masses from being duped by buying a KR AB and thinking they are getting a complete exhaust system.

Oh, and they are getting too many calls from enraged consumers! (Shouldn't they turn that customer contact into a "sales" opportunity?)

And she says, they are fearful of getting sued.:lol1:

And she says, if only BOI was calling it a "muffler", not an "exhaust" it would not have been a problem. (Betcha she won't call off the dogs if they change the wording - SAI asked FRPP not to sell these to BOI)

I believe the "image" damage done in their actual customer base far outweighs the original issue. What? No "smilie" of shooting one's self in the foot? :dw:

So, I suppose someone with a genuine KR could go buy up parts and really make a killing reselling them. Now THAT might make the KR worth it's bloated price tag.:loser:

skyhighsd

Established Member
:lol:
I could care less about some f'ing mufflers, she/they are just mad that they will not be making money off of any of the sales from BOI. If they worried more about making the kr's and the ss maybe they wouldnt be so far behind in building them?:lol1: Sorry but after seeing all of this unfold I would never deal with SAI and for the people who want to wait for them good luck your car might be done sometime this century.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
According to BOI:

Additional Product Information:
2008 Shelby GT500KR Axle-Back Exhaust Kit.

Note: This product was supposed to be a readily available part. After yesterday 8/20/08 Shelby has closed the door for Ford to be able to sell these to the public. We only have a handful of these and they will be gone forever. Just like the "powered by ford" emblems" that came on the Shelby GT's. Less than 40 of these were released. If you have any questions about this please do not hesitate to call us 540-298-2583. This is a first come first serve basis. The price has been increased do to the fact that we are unable to get them at this time and we only have a few left.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I visited SAI on a trip to vegas last Tuesday. They had about 20 GT500's behind the shop waiting for the KR treatment. They had what looked like 7 of them completed with the exception of the KR hood which I guess is "critically" holding up the shipment of KR's nationally. They did not allow any pics whatsover. Saw about 15 SS's being built. There were a ton of pallets of FRPP parts all over the place. They had a couple of the Silver/Blue striped KR's there that didn't flow too well with the wheels and black body panels. I think the SS's looked better IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread