Anyone Have A KR?

SVThopeful

SVT Poster
Established Member
Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
John- how do you like the new stick and knob? How does the leather boot fit around it, does it go right up to the ball or? Someone else mentioned some vibrations, did you get that?

I think I may be getting this installed next month with the KR shifter

Could you let me know as well if you would like to sell your FRPP CAI

Thank you

chuckstang

Established Member
First the KR tires are available to the general public and now the mufflers

Exactly what I expected to happen

Is it confirmed that those are the real deal KR mufflers from BOI?

chuckstang

Established Member
Ya I feel screwed, the so called impossible to buy KR axle back is now available for less than what I paid for the SGTs

I feel for those that are buying the KRs and thinking they will be rare or that there will not be clones driving around for $25k less

I have not seen DBK post since all these KR parts have starting popping up for sale ?

6-Speed

Established Member
Looks like SAI is claiming these are imposters and Ford is working with BOI to resolve this. Better wait for the dust to settle. I noticed the price for these mufflers on the site dropped to $0.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
John- how do you like the new stick and knob? How does the leather boot fit around it, does it go right up to the ball or? Someone else mentioned some vibrations, did you get that?

I think I may be getting this installed next month with the KR shifter

Could you let me know as well if you would like to sell your FRPP CAI

Thank you

Chuck,
I have this shifter handle and knob installed in my car. No additional noise or vibration that I can tell. Looks good but I feel the ball is too small, doesn't fit my hand right like say the Fat Knobs. What ever happened to the Shelby Shifter/handle/knob kit SPP was working on. I haven't seen anything on it, but with Hurst providing all of the parts, I will go with this one when I can find it again, or at least the handle and knob and the FRPP shifter (KR)....

GarageLogic

Established Member
I feel for those that are buying the KRs and thinking they will be rare or that there will not be clones driving around for $25k less
They will be rare. No matter how many clones are built, it won't diminish the value of the KR or change the fact that there will only be a few built.

Last edited:

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
They will be rare. No matter how many clones are built, it won't diminish the value of the KR or change the fact that there will only be a few built.

Yes, I agree they will be rare. The clones mean nothing. And the value will not be affected.

That said, even the folk's who paid ADMs on the Ford GT took it in the rear.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
How do you like the KR shifter itself ?

Chuck, If that was pointed toward me, I don't have the shifter yet, just the handle and knob (FRPP). I want the shifter they were talking about over on teamshelby that was being worked on, but I can find it anymore. If I can't find it, I'll pick up the FRPP shifter to go along with their handle and knob I already have....

Willie2

Established Member
i have the KR shifter with the stock handle and knob....i like the way it shifts, cant compare it to the stock one though...had it installed before i picked it up. i just saw the black FRPP handle and knob, this looks sweet! the website says it fits the KR shifter. but, 08Snake you say its smaller in your hand....hmmm, i like the "fatness" of the stock knob

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
i have the KR shifter with the stock handle and knob....i like the way it shifts, cant compare it to the stock one though...had it installed before i picked it up. i just saw the black FRPP handle and knob, this looks sweet! the website says it fits the KR shifter. but, 08Snake you say its smaller in your hand....hmmm, i like the "fatness" of the stock knob

I don't think it's any smaller that the stock knob, it may be that I was so used to the "Fat Knob" (Google it) that I feel it's too small......

Users who are viewing this thread