Anyone Have A KR?

drmustang

Banned
I'm at a loss as to how you can think my post above translates into I want to artifically lower the value of a KR they just purchased, nor do I think Ford will have trouble moving these cars off the lot.

But don't you think that if you had a parts catalogue full of KR parts, the "Frod" dealers may shy away from charging 120-150K for an 80K car? If you could buy the KR for 85-90K, who does that hurt exactly, other than Ford dealerships? So I'll ask again, why do you care?

My motivation? 4 things really, thanks for asking.

1) I'm pretty sure I can get part numbers for just about any production vehicle in the world that is driving around on the street. It makes no sense for Shelby to make the KR an exception to this rule, and its aggravating to me that they are attempting this. You bring up America and capitalism, but doesn't America have something to say about censorship? teamshelby.com is engaged in censorship on their website. This whole thing smells more like a surpressed story coming out of China regarding the olympics than a website dedicated to enjoying cars.

2) I want to clone my GT500 and turn it into a KR. Why, because it will apparently upset people at Shelby, and, because I like the look of the car, and because it's easily doable.

3) Because if Shelby doesn't care about kids turning their V6 into a GT500 like this,

______________________________________________________________________________________

Just got my venom hood whatcha guys think! Also selling my old GT500 hood PM me if interested!
Attached Thumbnails

2006 Mustang V6 Pony package

Performance Mods: Borla stingers, Ford racing t-lok, and 4:10 gears, C&L CAI, Diablosport Tune

Exterior Mods: Shelby GT500 Venom hood, front bumper, rear bumper, spoiler, and 20" Shelby Razors

__________________________________________________________________________________________

than they shouldn't care about the KR so much.

4) I'm interested in my investment being treated equally. Aren't you interested in the same thing?

The blatant censorship that is demonstated on their website is a huge red flag for anyone considering an SAI product. The atttide of SAI's Pres. speaks for itself as does the delivery schedule of the '08 KRs. This outfit appears to be in need of more competant management and organization. SAI really needs to stop riding on who they once were and become proficient at what they are doing now.

352Ford

I make my own
Established Member
Shelby has always used the retarded position that “clones” devalue the real cars.

It is complete BS, one of the biggest “clone cars” in the world is the AC Cobra, and have you ever seen what an original 427 car will go for at auction? All those kit cars might actually be helping the value of the real car…

I say someone should go through and fully document a KR, not really to clone the cars, but just for historical data collection.

69b302

Established Member
KR must not have anything in the VIN to seperate from the GT500 it is based upon, would be my guess at trying to not sell the parts. Option packages on a base model are often hard to verify down the road.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
well, im not gonna take the time to reply to nearly every post, but i'll just cover the main points.
first off, the dealerships are 'the devil', LOL. like i said before, we love our capitalist system, yet God forbid anyone make any money. its called MSRP; manufacturer SUGGESTED retail price. there is nothing contractualy or even morally binding a dealer from selling above that. dealerships are a business and their goal is to make money, plain and simple. if you have a problem with that, maybe you need to check out a communist country. the best part of all of this, dealerships are getting hit HARD by the market right now. trucks arent selling and dealerships are loaded with them. some are even going under(and it doesnt help that the big 3 are cutting their number of dealerships). but, screw them, you deserve that money more than they do, right? i applaud mcdonalds, walmart, major dealerships, coke, etc. for being succesful ventures that make full use of our capitalist system. we love are capitalist economy, but God forbid anyone make money besides us.
second, i really dont think shelby automotive could give 2 shits about clones and their effect on the value of their products. maybe they just want to make their customers feel like they have something rare, something special, like the previous cobra Rs, the GNX, the ZR1. surely people werent bitching when they couldnt get ahold of 2000 cobra R crate motors were they? or the ZR1 brakes?

and did you really call your GT500 your investment??? wow. that explains this whole situation i guess.
Well said!
thank God im not the only one that doesnt understand any bit of this!

Intruder

Established Member
well, im not gonna take the time to reply to nearly every post, but i'll just cover the main points.
first off, the dealerships are 'the devil', LOL. like i said before, we love our capitalist system, yet God forbid anyone make any money. its called MSRP; manufacturer SUGGESTED retail price. there is nothing contractualy or even morally binding a dealer from selling above that. dealerships are a business and their goal is to make money, plain and simple. if you have a problem with that, maybe you need to check out a communist country. the best part of all of this, dealerships are getting hit HARD by the market right now. trucks arent selling and dealerships are loaded with them. some are even going under(and it doesnt help that the big 3 are cutting their number of dealerships). but, screw them, you deserve that money more than they do, right? i applaud mcdonalds, walmart, major dealerships, coke, etc. for being succesful ventures that make full use of our capitalist system. we love are capitalist economy, but God forbid anyone make money besides us.
second, i really dont think shelby automotive could give 2 shits about clones and their effect on the value of their products. maybe they just want to make their customers feel like they have something rare, something special, like the previous cobra Rs, the GNX, the ZR1. surely people werent bitching when they couldnt get ahold of 2000 cobra R crate motors were they? or the ZR1 brakes?

and did you really call your GT500 your investment??? wow. that explains this whole situation i guess.

thank God im not the only one that doesnt understand any bit of this!

If some 18 year old V6 owner has a right and privlage to clone a GT500, sanctioned by Shelby, than I my friend, want exactly the same right and privlage to clone a KR, sanctioned by Shelby. Both cars have two companys involved in their production, Shelby and Ford. Why shouldn't I have the right, as a member of the Shelby family, to purchase whatever Shelby parts I want?
Do you know what the expression "double standard" means?

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i wouldnt really call it a double standard when they are paying a $35k premium over you. ever think that the $35k premium may be because of the rarity? i really dont understand why this is such a hard concept. its been this way in the industry for YEARS. yenko camaros, ZR1 vettes, GT500KR stangs(the OG KRs), big block cobras, the GNX, they all had a premium over their contemporaries because of their rarity.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
kinda hard to clone a ZR1, or any of the very very few fords that packed the 427 cammer. if your talking strictly body work, then its a worthless arguement. the KR will be cloneable via the aftermarket in no time.

Leonard 95

Established Member
Here is what I could find or see, I could not see any front susp numbers, but got the rears.

rear shocks: 8R3V-18080 BA
rear spring: 8R3V-5560 KR
rear sway bar: 7R3V-5A771-CA

As for the muffler, didn't really see a part number. The muffler was round with ford logo on it, did have these numbers on them I 095 BA.

As for anything else, it basically looked like a stock gt-500, still had stock lowers, stock driveshaft.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Here is what I could find or see, I could not see any front susp numbers, but got the rears.

rear shocks: 8R3V-18080 BA
rear spring: 8R3V-5560 KR
rear sway bar: 7R3V-5A771-CA

As for the muffler, didn't really see a part number. The muffler was round with ford logo on it, did have these numbers on them I 095 BA.

As for anything else, it basically looked like a stock gt-500, still had stock lowers, stock driveshaft.

Can't believe they don't even swap the LCAs on a Super Snake.

:nonono:

Intruder

Established Member
Thanks Leonard 95! Every little bit helps. I'm going to go to my Ford Racing guy tommorow to see if they are available.

03 DSG Snake, never get tired of looking at your new wheels! Very nice!!

Fastfords

Established Member
I really don't understand the blind loyalty that is given to SAI. I love my GT500. Sad that there is infighting between Shelby GT/GT500 owners over which car is a "real" Shelby. Even more sad when I see the hoops that prospective SS owners are made to jump through. Give us 10k deposit, sit and wait, and don't ask what parts will be used to make your car. Can't believe it. Don't even get me started on the attempt to control sale of stripes and emblems for vintage cars that have been freely sold for more than 30 years. It is especially sad to read that the pics one of the first, FINALLY, delivered KR's were removed from the site of holly patronage of all things Shelby. I would have bought the GT500 regardless of what they chose to call it. Having the name on the car is a bonus to me. Not the reason I bought it. I would assume I will not be joining Team Shelby. I hope they don't come and take my car away.........

Leonard 95

Established Member
Thanks Leonard 95! Every little bit helps. I'm going to go to my Ford Racing guy tommorow to see if they are available.

03 DSG Snake, never get tired of looking at your new wheels! Very nice!!

I tried having my parts manager look them up, couldn't find nothing. We even hvomb the vehicle which tells us what parts where put on the vehicle and nothing cause it won't tell us what SAI put on the vehicle, only ford. The manager was going to look into this a little more for me but I wouldn't hold my breath.

S91

Established Member
!!

1 of 1000 is rare? (Hmmmm says the MC owner)
I think its funny that this is even an issue. People are going to copy it if they like it no matter how hard you try. Only folks that care or follow this sort of thing will truley know anyways. To the casual observer its all the same. Another nice looking Mustang.
I think the KR is a rip honestly. Whats a joke that people are paying $100k+ for a Mustang. :nonono: Its not worth it! :beer:

You have a point. When a MC owner says their car is rare, it's "LOLOLOLOLOL no it's not!"

Yet 1 of 1700 KR's is "OMGG SOS rARRAAAARREEEE, worth 500k AT LEAST!!!"

5.0 guy

Established Member
SAI really needs to stop riding on who they once were and become proficient at what they are doing now.[/QUOTE]
:beer:

freakshow12

Established Member
kinda hard to clone a ZR1, or any of the very very few fords that packed the 427 cammer. if your talking strictly body work, then its a worthless arguement. the KR will be cloneable via the aftermarket in no time.

off topic but.... there never was any ford car that recieved a 427 cammer from the factory :) you had to buy them over the counter and most of them went to HM

Users who are viewing this thread