Anyone here selling an 00 R? Ready to buy

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Considering one in my area but wanted to cross shop here if anyone has a lead or would like to sell theirs.

You can PM me or email me at [email protected]

Thanks guys! Al

Happy hunting! You will seriously enjoy the 00R. I have a handful of Mustangs and the R is my favorite.

TFStang

Established Member
You should have gone to Mecum. One sold over the weekend with 500 miles for $42K. Good luck with your search. As stated above, make sure it comes with the black binder and plaque.

MorganWorth

You sure it sold? Thought was bid to 42, reserve not met. Same for the 93r. They sold the 95.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-269409/2000-ford-mustang-svt-cobra-r/

To be clear, the link you have is of my 1600 mile car..

the 500 mile car DID sell for 42k, plus 10% premium totaling 46K...The car was pretty solid with exception of the paint bubbles on the hood..I don't know what documentation came with the car but at 46k it was a steal...

I brought the other 1400 mile 00 R, along with the 95 and 93. I sold the 95 for 35, add 10% 39k.. the 93 was bid to 60k, 66k w/ prem and the 00 was bid to 52, 57 with prem.. Overall, it was exactly what I expected based on the market trends.

Last edited:

Goose17

Established Member

the 500 mile car DID sell for 42k, plus 10% premium totaling 46K...The car was pretty solid with exception of the paint bubbles on the hood..I don't know what documentation came with the car but at 46k it was a steal...

I brought the other 1400 mile 00 R, along with the 95 and 93. I sold the 95 for 35, add 10% 39k.. the 93 was bid to 60k, 66k w/ prem and the 00 was bid to 52, 57 with prem.. Overall, it was exactly what I expected based on the market trends.

Hello Morgan! Glad you made it back on here!

Goose17

Established Member
Do not be alarmed if the car you're buying has bubbles on the hood. Mine (and many others on the forum) suffer from the same issue.

Yes! As I was shopping and calling around, what I found was everything for sale (at the time) either had the paint bubbles on the OEM hood or a nicely painted aftermarket hood. The car I bought had the OEM hood repainted under "warranty" at the dealer when the car was new. I put warranty in quotes since these cars didn't have one technically.

TFStang

Established Member

I like how sellers always stress the prices with commissions, which is fine, but also telling is what the Sellers actually get in hand, which is far less than the hammer price and even less when you factor in other fees and also the cost of getting the car to the auction. The Seller of the 00R with 500 miles that hammered for $42K probably got $37,800 after fees, not to mention what it cost to get the car to the auction. He probably would have been better off selling private. Also, prices of cars that don't sell and have reserves mean nothing to me as it is very easy to bid the car up until it gets close to reserve. What is telling is what the car sold for and what the Seller was willing to take for that particular car once the fees are netted out.

As for the bubbles on the hood...it's a common problem and one that is very prevalent on the 00R. My #25 car had them, and they came back even after a repaint. My #205 car never had them. Go figure.

flattrack53

Established Member
My #21 has had a crack in the paint maybe 4-6" long at the front of the hood near the hood latch since I bought the car but has had no bubbles. My old #114 was painted before I bought the car and was sold with about 3,241 bubbles in the hood with no paint crack.

flattrack53

Established Member
The fiberglass resin never cured on any of these hoods before they were painted. I have only heard of just a few hoods that haven't had the paint crack or bubbles. It's something I wouldn't worry about if purchasing a car. If my #21 had bubbles; I would buy a hood from H.O. Fibertrends since its the closest hood to OEM and paint it. The crack is very minor and you really have to look for it as the paint hasn't chipped or anything.

Most say its from shutting the hoods on these cars. Your not suppose to put any pressure on them and you should do the American 1' drop without pushing down on them. Also after driving your car, you should open the hood to reduce the amount of heat on the underside.

nmp1

Established Member
flattrack53 said it. i have zero bubbles in my hood because the first owner opened the hood after every drive to keep the heat off it and i do the same.

04Saleen281

Established Member
I've just accepted the bubbles as part of R ownership. Ideally, they wouldn't be there, but that's just how Ford built them (so to speak).

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Knock on wood.... 275 is bubbleless still to this day. Hood has never been opened to cool.

TFStang

Established Member
I wonder if the bubbles are more prevalent in the first 200 cars and if they caught something in the later cars. Anyone else on here have a 200 + numbered car with no bubbles?

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I was told years ago that it mostly affected the first 100 cars.

Mine is #76, and I had the hood repaired and repainted twice, and each time the bubbles came back worse than ever.

After that I bought a new reproduction hood from HO Fibertrends, had it painted and installed, and I put the original hood away in my garage.

Only a trained eye would know the difference, and that's only if the hood is open, it does not have the rear cut out brace to clear the intake.

Users who are viewing this thread