Anyone here selling an 00 R? Ready to buy

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Mine is #178 and had the bubbles. The previous owner had the OEM hood repainted when new by the dealer under warranty (even though there wasn't a warranty). Fortunately the repaint went well and the hood is bubble-free.

TFStang

Established Member
Hmmm...wonder if the last 100 cars were any better off than the first 200 with respect to the bubbles. Anyone with a 200+ numbered car, please chime in.

04Saleen281

Established Member
Also, I was under the impression that there was a special assembly line for the 300 R's and they were built one right after another. In all likelihood, all 300 were built and shipped before anyone put enough miles on any of them to understand that there was an issue. Just a guess, though.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I believe they were all built in the same night, on the regular assembly line.

It was easier this way to have the unique parts all set to go on one shift, since the hardest part is figuring where on the assembly line to insert each R part, without slowing down or disrupting the line.

The same was done with the 95R, all built one night, same shift.

oregon87

Established Member
#231 and it has bubbles. Was put off initially when I first viewed the car, but a little research put my mind at ease. One has to wonder if these cars ever reach ridiculous collector status, the original bubbled hoods will bring more dollars.

Goose17

Established Member
#231 and it has bubbles. Was put off initially when I first viewed the car, but a little research put my mind at ease. One has to wonder if these cars ever reach ridiculous collector status, the original bubbled hoods will bring more dollars.

Who really knows. When I was searching for my R last year, I came across some with aftermarket hoods. I also came accross ones with OEM hoods that had the bubbles. In the end, I bought a car with an OEM hood that was repainted. In my opinion, that was the best option. I like having an original hood, but also like not having the standard paint bubbles.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
95Rs were not built in one shift. I don't have it handy, but Tom's book has the dates each car was built. I believe they were over a few weeks.

Tom

Goose17

Established Member
If nothing else, seeing the bubbles removes almost any doubt of the car's authenticity.

No need to have bubbles to verify authenticity. A look at many of the specific R parts verifies that. Just pop the hood for confirmation. The fakes that I've seen have recreated the chin spoiler and rear fin, but there is no side exhaust, Recaros, or the 5.4 motor.

Users who are viewing this thread