• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Anyone know how incentives work?

Discussion in '2011-2014 Mustang Talk' started by Brian97vobra, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Brian97vobra

Brian97vobra New Member Established Member

The current incentives on the 2012's are going to expire on 4/2/12. Just wondering if Ford will be increasing the incentives after that date to try to get rid of the remaining 2012 models. Or if i should buy now instead of risking it.
    I also noticed that they already have $500 cash towards the 2013's...

2. stangs13

stangs13 VTEC YO Established Member

I would expect them to keep up with good incentives for the 12's.

slacking off somewhere using tapatalk

3. FoofKiller

FoofKiller I> /\/\ Established Member

Currently it's a $3000 rebate on 12's and $500 on 13's.

4. Brian97vobra

Down here in FL it's only $2500 on the 12's. And that's if you go through Ford for financing. I'm hoping it'll get better next month after these current incentives expire. But who knows... I've never kept track of this kind of stuff. I've always bought used...

5. 08mojo

08mojo ... Established Member

The rebates (at least 2 weeks ago) are dependent on financing. We got 0% financing and we were only eligible for the $1000 rebate.

6. kevinp

kevinp Active Member Established Member

Its a gamble, bad thing is the longer you wait the selection dries up and it may be harder to find the car you want.

7. Scuba-Matt

Scuba-Matt Boost Freak!!!!!!!! Established Member

Incentives are always regional. You could get 3k in the Huston metro area you might only be able to get 1k in Metro Detroit.
    When I bought my 04 Lightning there were no incentives here in south Fl. and $2500 in the Detroit metro area. So I flew north and bought it there.

8. Supernova

Supernova New Member Established Member

I noticed the $500 on the 2013s when i built one online tonight. Can you get the incentive on top of a deal for x-plan?

9. H-TownMachI

H-TownMachI It's the Hamburglar Established Member

yes

10. Torch10th

Torch10th I make hits Established Member

As far as Ford raising or lowering incentives on 12's after april 2nd, that's anybody's guess. They will take in to account market conditions and supply in all their regions.

It's starting to get nicer out so people are buying these cars. If they see demand for left-over 2012 inventory raising, it's possible they may lower the incentive. On the other hand, if people are going in to dealers and ordering or purchasing 2013's, they may keep them unchanged or raise them.

Something else to keep in mind is the dealer itself. As the summer performance car buying season starts to ramp up, a dealer may not need to sell a car at invoice to move it. Getting invoice plus a smaller incentive now may be a better deal than getting a slightly larger incentive, but no invoice later.

The gist of what I'm trying to say...If you want a 2012 over a 2013, now rather than waiting is probably a logical choice.

11. me32

me32 BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS Moderator

Out here I've seen 3k plus 0% for 60months so some great deals if people are looking

12. kingnut

kingnut New Member Established Member

thats a great deal

13. Red Turtle

Red Turtle ALWAYS WATCHING Staff Member Super Moderator

Regardless of where you go, the incentives used must match the zip/address of where the car is sold to and registered. If you lived in Florida, how did they apply Detroit incentives... or do you have a home/relative in Detroit and used their address? The dealer must run a vincent for the zip used on the purchase and claim the rebates using this documentation.

OP, I have not seen the rebates climb north of $3k on mustangs in years, so the reduction of available inventory might be worth holding out for the additonal $500.

If I remember correctly, you have a coupon/college rebate available as well? If so, combo that with the $1000 rebate + 0% and go get yourself a car.

14. truebluedevil02

truebluedevil02 Captain Jackstands Established Member

I may be picking one up today, right now we have 3k off OR 1.9% for 72 months. Still conflicted on weather I should buy one now or wait till the end of the year when they are trying to move the rest of the 12's for cheap. Also thinking about buying used. Damn these choices, lol.

15. Red Turtle

Red Turtle ALWAYS WATCHING Staff Member Super Moderator

Take the rebate over the rate if you are going to buy one ( in this example).

Remember, you are buying a one year old car so the discount and rebate combination will help get you back in line with actual value of the car when you drive it off. Rate is great if you are going to keep it full term, but if not take the higher rebate and get a decent rate otherwise.

16. kevinp

kevinp Active Member Established Member

+1

Good advice there.

17. kingnut

kingnut New Member Established Member

always take the rebate. you can goto your bank and get a low rate. penfed is offering 1.49% for 60 months right now.

18. faztcobra

faztcobra Member Established Member

Yep, that's what I did. I got full rebate and then told my dealer I qualified for 1.99 at Penfed (the rate last Oct) and the finance guy matched the rate. Rebate and rate. Best of both worlds. Print out Penfed's rate sheet before you walk in.

Link to Penfed rates for anyone interested in that tactic.

https://www.penfed.org/Auto-Loans-Overview/

Also looks like it's still 1.99% for 12-48 mos. 2.49% up to 60.

19. dru440

dru440 Member Established Member

I played this game in september of 2004 REBATE on 04 cobras was 3000. I figured I would wait til october and thought they would get better. Went down to 2500. I WAS SHOCKED WHEN FORD CAME OUT WITH 0% AND OTHER REBATES ON THESE CARS BACK IN NOVEMBER. I thought I would never see it on the new 5 liter. I think they overpriced the car to begin with though so they could put out some decent incentives. Inventory is getting scarce for the cars people actually want. So I would move now

20. Brian97vobra

Well i think i'm gonna go ahead and wait until April to see if the incentives get a little bit better. Or maybe i'll get to see a '13 in person and if i like it get one of those instead...
    And to be honest i'm also thinking about a camaro now.:uh oh::eek: