anyone know of a good performeance shop in the westchester NY or long island NY area?

MysticChromeSVT

Established Member
I am planning on ordering a Whipple 2.3. I only want about 550 rwhp at the most, so I dont have to worry about ripping apart my motor. Is it stupid to do twin screw if i dont plan on running big power 500-550? I will be getting the 2.3 for stock throttle body. Is it worth it or should i just do all the bolt on's and pulley swap that i already ordered and have laying in my bedroom. I plan on running factory intake and everything else stock except for exhaust. (bassani mid lenghts, catted x, and borla stingers) At 500-550 will i need to upgrade the fuel system?

Last edited:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
You may have to de-tune it to get down to 550 :shrug: but not stupid, just more reliable.,., although these motors are pretty reliable to 600 all day long :thumbsup:

SVT Pille

Established Member
Not stupid if you have the money. I'd rather have the Whipple making 550 than a ported Eaton just for the lower iat2's alone, and it's a more efficient design so you're making the same power on less boost. Also, much more room to grow with the Whipple.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not stupid if you have the money. I'd rather have the Whipple making 550 than a ported Eaton just for the lower iat2's alone, and it's a more efficient design so you're making the same power on less boost. Also, much more room to grow with the Whipple.

This is an excellent response and very true. :thumbsup:

Wildman113

Established Member

Agreed.

I'd rather run less boost and lower IAT2's while making the same or more power than be pushing the stock Eaton to (and well past) its design limitations.

The Eaton can and will turn into a giant heat pump when you start making significantly more power than stock.

A great option you might want to look into is the VMP TVS. Its a 2.3L unit, but its a roots instead of a twin screw. That means less power to turn it, and OEM (100,000+ mile) durability. They also make more torque over a broader range than a twin screw blower of the same size, cost the same, and are a direct bolt-on.

SVT Pille

Established Member
Agreed.

I'd rather run less boost and lower IAT2's while making the same or more power than be pushing the stock Eaton to (and well past) its design limitations.

The Eaton can and will turn into a giant heat pump when you start making significantly more power than stock.

A great option you might want to look into is the VMP TVS. Its a 2.3L unit, but its a roots instead of a twin screw. That means less power to turn it, and OEM (100,000+ mile) durability. They also make more torque over a broader range than a twin screw blower of the same size, cost the same, and are a direct bolt-on.

+1 for the TVS I can't believe I forgot to throw that in there. I got to see the VMP guys run them in May and they are BEAST. For 16-17 psi they're supposedly the most efficient blower out there.

MysticChromeSVT

Established Member
I was thinking about the TVS as well. Only thing holding me back from that setup is the funky looking deseign of it. I'll have to read up on it a little more now though. From what your saying that seems like it is my best bet. If I spend the money and keep it to about 500rwhp is there a chance I could keep the stock fuel system in place. Im trying to keep the car as little aftermarket molested as possible. I dont care about spending money if needed, I just dont wanna go too far with a car where it becomes unreliable for weekend trips.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Plan on a MAF and a BAP at 480-510 rwhp. MAF will typically peg first, then the pumps max out the duty cycle. Not much point in doing a bigger better blower if you can not afford the mods to support all the extra air.

Injectors typically max at 530.

If you run stock exhaust with a stock intake those restrictions can limit you to below those levels of HP allowing some cars to not need MAF and fuel pump help. Assuming you use the 3.50" upper pulley.
I wanted an efficient set up so I did a low restriction JLT 12" cold air intake, an SCT MAF, a Kenne Bell boost-a-pump(BAP), Magnaflow exhaust and 60 pound injectors. So I have some headroom for my conservative power level of 533 with a 3.50" pulley on a 2.3L Whipple.

MysticChromeSVT

Established Member
I have whatever money I need to make the car what im looking for. I was just worried about looseing reliability with adding too many aftermarket upgrades is all. Does anyone know of a good performeance shop in the westchester NY or long island NY area????

Brutal DSG

Angry Turtle
Established Member
Last edited:

mach1033

Established Member
Quality auto in West Nyack. You can see the type of work that they do from the two links that Brutal just posted. The first one is mine.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Mustang Magic in suffolk county has done business with us in the past. I used to live on long island, and most people I've talked to had good feedback. I know there is another shop towards Nassau county, i just can't think of the name. If i remember it tomorrow, I'll let you know. Call around, see who you feel most comfortable with.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm picking up my car on Saturday morning and I don't mind if u want to check it out.

Done??
Complete???
Ready to drive and put out tons of HP????
This is great news!!
It has been a long time coming.:banana::banana::banana:

mach1033

Established Member
Done??
Complete???
Ready to drive and put out tons of HP????
This is great news!!
It has been a long time coming.:banana::banana::banana:

My tune date is august 4th due to vacations. But yes it is finally done and its coming home this Saturday. I'm going for the crusher next year with a 3.0 pulley and let her rip.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Mustang magic tunes my cars....I.do all my own wrenching as I have a side buisness here in CT doing mods.

Users who are viewing this thread