Anyone pop the question over the holidays?

whiplash306

Established Member
HYBRED said:
It'll happen when it happens.
You know Hybred, if it means so much to you, as it seems it does (and please understand, I'm NOT chastising you), is it so out the question that you pop the question yourself??? From your initial introduction to this forum, you have presented yourself as a very straight forward, strong willed individual. So I can't imagine that such a thought hasn't already crossed your mind. Besides, in this modern-day world of female equality, is it such a stretch....????

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Banana bread.

I'm allergic to bananas.

You know Hybred, if it means so much to you, as it seems it does (and please understand, I'm NOT chastising you), is it so out the question that you pop the question yourself??? From your initial introduction to this forum, you have presented yourself as a very straight forward, strong willed individual. So I can't imagine that such a thought hasn't already crossed your mind. Besides, in this modern-day world of female equality, is it such a stretch....????

He's very traditional when it comes to the whole ring thing. And, by this point, it's really not a matter of the answer to the question itself, but when and how it will happen.

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
I sent my wife on a scavenger hunt through the house with about 15 notes until she opened the closet door and I was there on my knees with our little girl standing beside me. Still have the notes tucked away in a "memorabilia bag" along with letters she would write me during classes"

I just had to post on this. That sounds truly amazing. I really wish I could find someone I would do that for.

jf4boogie

Established Member
I don't know how anyone takes the internet so seriously LOL.

Not gonna lie, I teared up a little, that's just too sweet.

Like Solstic said...when you know, you know - BUT, even if you know, I would strongly recommend living together first, at least for a few months. Friend of mine was with a girl for years, they moved in together after he proposed and it didn't last 3 months after that. Cost him a job with Roush Racing.

Hasn't it been proven, at least "statistically speaking", that living together BEFORE marriage increases the chance of failure even more?

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
I agree. Rob asked me while we were doing yard work. I had been bagging grass with my bare hands, so my palms were green! It was definitely spontaneous and unforgettable (not that I would forget that anyway).

I had my ring for a month as well. Took my girl to the beach after we spent the afternoon raking leaves. There were a bunch of people on the ocean side, so I walked her to the bay side. Got down on one knee in the mud and asked her.

CSD

Banned
I distinctly remember you asking...

Oh, but then we have this...

Yes, I can PM you the recipe. My birthday is two weeks from today...

Go for it. I'll also need proof of said birthday. :beer:

I see no recipe in my inbox :shrug:

Fact of the matter is you agreed to bake a loaf of banana bread and dropped the ball. You'd think somewhere in that conversation you would of mentioned the fact that you're allergic to bananas or so you say. Heck, you didn't even wish me a happy birthday. :kaboom:

02 Min Grey GT

Established Member
just found out my cousin got proposed to/engaged a couple days before christmas at her graduation party and her brother (another cousin of mine) proposed to his gf on christmas day....my grandma made mention that "i was next".....she then heard crickets

Do you really have to explain that your cousin's brother is also your cousin?

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Oh, but then we have this...

Fact of the matter is you agreed to bake a loaf of banana bread and dropped the ball. You'd think somewhere in that conversation you would of mentioned the fact that you're allergic to bananas or so you say. Heck, you didn't even wish me a happy birthday. :kaboom:

I dropped the ball? I clearly see in one of those posts you quoted the disclaimer "I'll also need proof of said birthday," followed by a request for a genuine photo. You posted up a phony license and no photo, YOU dropped the ball. Guess you didn't really want it bad enough.

Soon after, you proved yourself to be entirely and eternally undeserving.

CSD

Banned
I dropped the ball? I clearly see in one of those posts you quoted the disclaimer "I'll also need proof of said birthday," followed by a request for a genuine photo. You posted up a phony license and no photo, YOU dropped the ball. Guess you didn't really want it bad enough.

Soon after, you proved yourself to be entirely and eternally undeserving.

Did you actually think I was going to post my real DL on the world wide web just to prove to someone I don't know that it was really my birthday?

:lol::lol::lol: :nono:

Users who are viewing this thread