Anyone pop the question over the holidays?

clean93

Established Member
ive only been with my girl for a month now so no question popping from me. when would be a appropiate time to even think about popping that question? ive heard people say 1 year 3 years 5 years etc.

Moparkidd

can i get a check 1,2 uhh
Established Member
ive only been with my girl for a month now so no question popping from me. when would be a appropiate time to even think about popping that question? ive heard people say 1 year 3 years 5 years etc.

like i said, it was 7 months for us. but i knew after 2 or 3 months, when its the one, you just know.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
just found out my cousin got proposed to/engaged a couple days before christmas at her graduation party and her brother (another cousin of mine) proposed to his gf on christmas day....my grandma made mention that "i was next".....she then heard crickets

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Congrats man hope it works out for you, if you think its right then its right.

I dated a gal for 2 years then got married december 17th was our 4th anniversary and our divorce will be final by the end of this month.

If you know its right then its right!

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
This ring looks like it wouldn't be easy to take off. :D

permanent-ring.jpg

OW!:uh oh:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I dont know how you stay on the forum when you get harassed.:??:

I don't know how anyone takes the internet so seriously LOL.

I sent my wife on a scavenger hunt through the house with about 15 notes until she opened the closet door and I was there on my knees with our little girl standing beside me. Still have the notes tucked away in a "memorabilia bag" along with letters she would write me during classes"

Not gonna lie, I teared up a little, that's just too sweet.

Like Solstic said...when you know, you know - BUT, even if you know, I would strongly recommend living together first, at least for a few months. Friend of mine was with a girl for years, they moved in together after he proposed and it didn't last 3 months after that. Cost him a job with Roush Racing.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
hahahahahahha

Maybe one day he'll get around to it. :dancenana:

Why is it funny? I've been with mine for 5 years and we aren't formally married yet, however everything else is just like a 'normal' marriage. With the divorce rate over 50% in this country, some people jump into marriage too much. If they weren't planning on getting hitched, I'm sure (or at least hope) someone would have punched by now.

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
Why is it funny? I've been with mine for 5 years and we aren't formally married yet, however everything else is just like a 'normal' marriage. With the divorce rate over 50% in this country, some people jump into marriage too much. If they weren't planning on getting hitched, I'm sure (or at least hope) someone would have punched by now.

Because it seems that Kat has been waiting for Will to pop the question for awhile now (based on reading some of her previous posts regarding rings/weddings/etc.). That's what made it humorous to me. And I was just messing with her about it, that was all.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Because it seems that Kat has been waiting for Will to pop the question for awhile now (based on reading some of her previous posts regarding rings/weddings/etc.). That's what made it humorous to me. And I was just messing with her about it, that was all.

It's a joke to all our friends as well. It'll happen when it happens.

I love that Chris tried to turn my offhanded joke of a comment into a firestorm in SD. He's taking this stuff more seriously than I am it seems...not sure what stake he has in the matter though.

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
I love that Chris tried to turn my offhanded joke of a comment into a firestorm in SD. He's taking this stuff more seriously than I am it seems...not sure what stake he has in the matter though.

Wow. I didn't even see that thread until you just mentioned it. :uh oh:

CBrowning84

Established Member
It's a joke to all our friends as well. It'll happen when it happens.

Should have sent him an apple pie :shrug::thumbsup:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
I don't care how long I'm in a relationship for when it comes to this subject. Whether I'm mentally ready to get married would be the first thing (which I'm definitely not at 23). I would never pop the question unless I was 110% able to afford to financially either. I would want to be able to take care of my family by all means and in all ways possible.

Users who are viewing this thread