Anyone Regretted buying there Boss?

Grant808

Established Member
Why is that. I've driven a 2012 5.0 base an it was a nice car. It handled really well for a stock mustang. I've even had it in the back road twisties. Is the boss that much better than the gt?

Yes it is. :banana: The Boss is so much more...and I really like the GT.

My GT is a 55D/Brembo, 401A interior. Only performance mods are Brembo5.0 rear springs, GT500 mufflers, 275/40 Pirellis in the back. To make it more Boss-like. I'll put in a Boss front suspension if I can locate a take-off set. But even with that, it will be short of the whole Boss experience.

I think a '13 with the track pack, leather recaros, Torsen diff, and my mods above would be a decent/possible Boss substitute. But that would still lack the Boss engine, which would make it hard to duplicate the power delivery. I know the coyote engine can be easily modded to match or exceed the numbers of the roadrunner...but it just wouldn't be the same.

Why is that. I've driven a 2012 5.0 base an it was a nice car. It handled really well for a stock mustang. I've even had it in the back road twisties. Is the boss that much better than the gt?

Well, the regret is over the timing of the purchases. I ordered the GT just before the formal announcement of the Boss in August 2010. My GT was delivered in October, and I figured that I didn't want or need the Boss even though my intent was to use the GT for open track and to improve my driving/heel-toe, etc. But after taking the GT to the track, and reading countless articles about the Boss' features...I had to take a look. And after reading about Track Attack...I just had to buy one.

Last edited:

Philcsag1

Established Member
I absolutely am very pleased with the Boss 302 Laguna Seca, but the most driving I have done was the trip home from Florida to NYC, have not had much time to drive it.

Sometimes I wish I had opted for the Boss 302 S

Phil

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Exactly what I had, if you search around forums you will see i had that trouble, MGW install and never been locked out since,

Mine had an MGW and I still had lockout. I haven't had the chance to drive it hard since I got it back, been out of the country on business for the past week. But what little I got to drive it before I left I noticed that it was better; more positive feel, better engagement etc. Maybe it was just a bad part, or the previous owner screwed it up...either way I hope it's fixed now, because I want to keep it forever.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I absolutely am very pleased with the Boss 302 Laguna Seca, but the most driving I have done was the trip home from Florida to NYC, have not had much time to drive it.

Sometimes I wish I had opted for the Boss 302 S

Phil

Nah.....then you would be back in the same situation with a race car that you can only take to the track.

This one you can track when you want and cruise on the street as well.

Tom

cloud9

Established Member
Nah.....then you would be back in the same situation with a race car that you can only take to the track.

This one you can track when you want and cruise on the street as well.

Tom
I went through the same questions myself but at the end of the day I didn't want a track only car. Once the new suspension goes on next week I am practically getting down to window nets and the rear wing.

As far as the shifter goes I installed the MGW. I wasn't really having issues shifting with the stock unit. The MGW is well made and has a good feel, but TBH it moves the transmission between the gears pretty much like the stock one did for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread