Anyone Regretted buying there Boss?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
i wanted to know if anyone of you guys have Regretted buying your boss. If so why did you regret it. im really liking the style of the 2013 mustang(personal Opinion) an have considered a 2013 5.0 or a Boss. i would still plan to keep the GT500 but aim it more for Drag if i get another mustang. thanks for your Opinions.

Boss3o2

Established Member
All joking a side. I have owned over 100 vehicles, which range from an Acura NSX, to BMW M3's, in which I traded in my 2008 M3 for a 12 Laguna Seca.

I had my standards set very high, for this car, and would have not purchased it - had it been anything less then what you see in the flawless reviews it got. It being a Boss 302, is icing on the cake for me. With that being said, and out of all the cars I have owned (including my current 70 Boss 302), this car has me feeling like a kid in a candy store. It is exciting to drive, and sometime I go out in the garage just to look at it. Call it obsession, or whatever, but once you drive one - you will share this feeling of addiction.

Ford did an amazing job, and realy set the bar with the new Boss 302.

Eric

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
All joking a side. I have owned over 100 vehicles, which range from an Acura NSX, to BMW M3's, in which I traded in my 2008 M3 for a 12 Laguna Seca.

I had my standards set very high, for this car, and would have not purchased it - had it been anything less then what you see in the flawless reviews it got. It being a Boss 302, is icing on the cake for me. With that being said, and out of all the cars I have owned (including my current 70 Boss 302), this car has me feeling like a kid in a candy store. It is exciting to drive, and sometime I go out in the garage just to look at it. Call it obsession, or whatever, but once you drive one - you will share this feeling of addiction.

Ford did an amazing job, and realy set the bar with the new Boss 302.

Eric

thank you for that input :beer:

94COBRA#22

Established Member
My only regret is not being able to drive it due to a hectic life lol....Truly an amazing car! And i've owned some crazy cars.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
To be honest, I did not consider a GT, and a Shelby GT500, as amazing as it is, at $60K is a stretch.

On the other hand, the Laguna Seca at $48k was do-able.

And the fact that I do a few open track events per year, the Boss is obviously made for this, whereas the GT500 is more about the straight line power.

As 94COBRA#22, I just havent had much of a chance to drive it between work and an ill family member, I've only got 600 miles on it since Oct., and havent even had track key installed yet.

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member
No.

For the people who say stuff about the Boss 302 not being for straight line, I understand what they mean, but its also pretty awesome for drag racing.

I'm more of a straight line guy but love the capabilities it possesses for curvy tracks.

ArabianOak

Established Member
I regret not getting it SOONER. Car is amazing in every single way and the motor screams all the way till redline. Loving this car!

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
I think the majority of the people that have purchased the Boss, uses it more of a track/road course car instead of drag racing. So most people don't really regret picking the Boss over a Shelby.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I love this car more than anything I've ever driven. Which is the only reason why, after 4 trips to the dealer and no clear answers on my issues (which are by no means common) I haven't set it on fire.

/Day8withoutmyBoss :fm:

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
I wouldnt say I regret it, but I saw a 2012 GTCS left over on the local lot that was rebated 6k (meaning you could probably get the car out the door 28-29) and it has leather, nav, HIDs, Sync etc so it made me think, just cause of the price difference. But after driving my car for the first time in a month a few days ago I love it. I have owned a ton of mustangs and this is by far my favorite. Such a well rounded car.

BADZL1

Shunned from C5!
Established Member
Any firebird camaro guys out there? I too have my eyes set on one.
Out of 30 cars my fave all time has been a 68 camaro, and a 1979 trans am.
While I know this car is a modern car(the boss), there should be no comparison.
I have owned TWO fords... A 1969 fairlane 45 formula cobra jet, and a 1988 LX Fox Body with F/I 351 Lightning engine. I have owned last count eight 1968 camaros, two 1986 IROC Z28's, a 82 berlinetta, a 85 Z28 after market convertible, two VW scirrocco's, a 1997 Trans Am,
three 1979 trans am's, a Mazda B2200 low rider pickup, a 68 VW bug, and a 2006 Jetta.
So give or take a car here or there... out of all the "cool ones" in my life, id have to say the 68 camaro, and the 79 TA. I want the coolest toy. I think I may have found it with the BOSS 302. I had a 2012 Camaro ZL1 built that I did not take delivery of for various reasons. One being I will save $16,000 by buying a boss over ZL1. I have been following the 302 threads religiously. I am 50... Hopefully, minus one or two cars or so I hope this might be one of the cooler Toys in life. Any chevy guys to comment one way or another? Thanks for listening to my story.

Last edited:

A.T

Established Member
Any firebird camaro guys out there? I too have my eyes set on one.
Out of 30 cars my fave all time has been a 68 camaro, and a 1979 trans am.
While I know this car is a modern car(the boss), there should be no comparison.
I have owned TWO fords... A 1969 fairlane 45 formula cobra jet, and a 1988 LX Fox Body with F/I 351 Lightning engine. I have owned last count eight 1968 camaros, two 1986 IROC Z28's, a 82 berlinetta, a 85 Z28 after market convertible, two VW scirrocco's, a 1997 Trans Am,
three 1979 trans am's, a Mazda B2200 low rider pickup, a 68 VW bug, and a 2006 Jetta.
So give or take a car here or there... out of all the "cool ones" in my life, id have to say the 68 camaro, and the 79 TA. I want the coolest toy. I think I may have found it with the BOSS 302. I had a 2012 Camaro ZL1 built that I did not take delivery of for various reasons. One being I will save $16,000 by buying a boss over ZL1. I have been following the 302 threads religiously. I am 50... Hopefully, minus one or two cars or so I hope this might be one of the cooler Toys in life. Any chevy guys to comment one way or another? Thanks for listening to my story.

I've been a Chevy guy all 26 years of my life. I felt dissapointed to see the new ZL1 advertized 12.3 1/4 mile time, just because that's about where the Terminators were. I've never liked the new Camaro. Currently I own a 99 Silverado 1500 Z71 with a 6" lift and love the LS based motor, and a 03 Cobra. The only Ford's I've bought are Mustang's, except the Taurus I bought to fix and resell.

LostPony

Established Member
I shopped for a Boss from the first day it came out. I waited for all the over sticker madness to pass, and even passed on a 1,000 mile used Grabber blue w/white striped '12 GT500 for $42,000. If there was no Boss, I would have snatched that GT500 in a second! I've wanted a Boss since I was a kid, and would look for deals on 69-70 models every once in a while. This is easily the best Mustang ever created and I couldn't be happier.

I have owned lots of Mustangs, from a 69 Sportsroof to a supercharged 06 GT before this car. When I was 18 I worked in a Ford dealer where I literally got to drive every version of the Mustang from 65-86. Mach, Boss, GT, even a GT/HC the Denver, Colorado version of the California Special. This is the best yet. My only regret is the debt I carry now to pay for it!

chuckstang

Established Member
Do the boss mustangs suffer from wheel hop in stock form? All the videos show terrible axle hop. Some day id like to pick up a used one

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Even with all the problems I've had with this car I still love it. I prefer it over our supercharged 2010 Camaro. It is nonstop grin-from-ear-to-ear fun, every time I get in. It is the reason I get up in the morning, because right now I hate my job. I just hope Ford can figure out whats wrong with it, because I do not want to see it go.

Do the boss mustangs suffer from wheel hop in stock form? All the videos show terrible axle hop. Some day id like to pick up a used one

Mine was pretty bad until I figured out how to launch better.

Fordman9870

Proud Dad of Twin Marines
Established Member
Love mine too, no regrets.

i just need to learn how to shift the thing at high rpms with out the dreaded lock out

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I regret buying the Boss...

...after buying the GT ;)

Why is that. I've driven a 2012 5.0 base an it was a nice car. It handled really well for a stock mustang. I've even had it in the back road twisties. Is the boss that much better than the gt?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I wouldnt say I regret it, but I saw a 2012 GTCS left over on the local lot that was rebated 6k (meaning you could probably get the car out the door 28-29) and it has leather, nav, HIDs, Sync etc so it made me think, just cause of the price difference. But after driving my car for the first time in a month a few days ago I love it. I have owned a ton of mustangs and this is by far my favorite. Such a well rounded car.

That's some good pricing there.

Users who are viewing this thread