Anyone run faster than 11.80 with tune and tire?

Bmr4life

Established Member
Yeah, manual is not as impressive as an auto doing the same.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

86merc

Established Member
I went 11.989 (just squeaked in there haha) in my M6, 3.73, a K&N filter, Borla mufflers and 28x10 stiff wall slicks. Car ran better to the 60' then when I had the drag radials on the car. 5,000 rpm launch. DA was around 1200' I think. Have to look at the time slip to confirm. Still learning to drive the car as well. Next year I may try a AED tune.

IMAG0140.jpg

*edit* Also removed the spare tire and had Dark Star skinnies up front. I am sure with what I ran your buddy can change things up and get past that 11.81. Just take testing and more testing.

Last edited:

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
The difference in the times the manuals are posting tune/or no tune vice the Autos?..........The 60ft! The manuals are putting down 1.63 ish 60ft times to the autos 1.85ish 60ft times. Seems like either gearing or tire selection (height, compound, etc.)

86merc

Established Member
I would imagine a aftermarket converter would work wonder too. But not your average bolt on for most people.

Bmr4life

Established Member
The difference in the times the manuals are posting tune/or no tune vice the Autos?..........The 60ft! The manuals are putting down 1.63 ish 60ft times to the autos 1.85ish 60ft times. Seems like either gearing or tire selection (height, compound, etc.)

Manuals launch harder than stock converter autos.

casper gt

Established Member

it doesn't really have much to do with tires, it's the manual cars ability to leave at a higher rpm.

once you put a converter in an auto car, they go 1.5- 1.6 60's with ease as well.

1Bad5.0

Established Member
DA was about 800 .....i did that on stock tires, so the boss doesn't count LOL

I see your in La. what was the da when you ran that number, just curious.

the boss intake kinda takes you out of this comparison but like I said, I'm curious.

casper gt

Established Member
DA was about 800 .....i did that on stock tires, so the boss doesn't count LOL

shure the boss intake counts, the whole point is tune/tire only, stock otherwise.

I'm not shure weither the boss helped or hurt, but it's off topic.

damn I just noticed the cai as well.

Last edited:

casper gt

Established Member
1 low 12 sec. slip without the important info (ie. track name, date & time missing) but no full 11 sec slips yet?

interesting

corepwn

Established Member
1 low 12 sec. slip without the important info (ie. track name, date & time missing) but no full 11 sec slips yet?

interesting

If you meant my slip, it's Bradenton Motor Sports Park (BMP).
They cut the slips in half on Runday Sunday's for obvious reasons, and the right lane doesn't get all of the printed info on it.

Occasionally you'll get a full slip on a TNT night, but even then they seem to have a habit of tearing it in half.

The info is hand written but present. I really have no reason to not give accurate info, I've been WAY faster since so it's pretty meaningless to me now lol.

casper gt

Established Member
If you meant my slip, it's Bradenton Motor Sports Park (BMP).
They cut the slips in half on Runday Sunday's for obvious reasons, and the right lane doesn't get all of the printed info on it.

Occasionally you'll get a full slip on a TNT night, but even then they seem to have a habit of tearing it in half.

The info is hand written but present. I really have no reason to not give accurate info, I've been WAY faster since so it's pretty meaningless to me now lol.

I was refering to your slip but not in the way you took it.

the point I was trying to make is I'd like to see a full slip from anyone, not just the guys in this thread, that is claiming a well into 11 sec time with an A6 on tires/tune only, not to nessesarily pick on anyone, but there may be something in their numbers/da/etc that will be usefull in our quest for a .4x

Last edited:

corepwn

Established Member
I was refering to your slip but not in the way you took it.

the point I was trying to make is I'd like to see a full slip from anyone, not just the guys in this thread, that is claiming a well into 11 sec time with an A6 on tires/tune only, not to nessesarily pick on anyone, but there may be something in their numbers/da/etc that will be usefull in our quest for a .4x

Here, I'm being generous. Here's another slip I got a week later. (1/21/2012)

Same setup. Full weight auto with VMP tune, and DRs only.

GgLIN.jpg

casper gt

Established Member
Here, I'm being generous. Here's another slip I got a week later. (1/21/2012)

Same setup. Full weight auto with VMP tune, and DRs only.

GgLIN.jpg

thanks but I was hoping to draw one (or more) of the guys claiming 11.8ish times, a6 tune/tires only out, mabie theirs something in their spread times/etc we're missing.

theres also the possinilty they are doing it in unrepeatable conditions/etc.

your times are quite reasonable, sorry if you took my comment the wrong way.

nordy racer

Established Member
mine went 12.2 at 113 with a 2.1 60ft.. my car is lowered so i'm thinking my LCA are out of wack and is killing my 60ft's..

corepwn

Established Member
thanks but I was hoping to draw one (or more) of the guys claiming 11.8ish times, a6 tune/tires only out, mabie theirs something in their spread times/etc we're missing.

theres also the possinilty they are doing it in unrepeatable conditions/etc.

your times are quite reasonable, sorry if you took my comment the wrong way.

The only way you're running an 11.xx in one of these autos, with full weight on Tire and DR only would be in some grossly negative DA conditions.

The only people that I've seen post about it were the people running in Atco or Cecil, in -1300ish DA conditions. Even then I'm not sure 100% it was full weight.

The auto cars don't have enough balls down low to launch harder than a high 1.8 60, and don't have the mph to make up for it to run an ET that low with just a tune and tire (full weight). The M6 cars can launch harder and get 1.6 60s which makes up for a lot.

Now, add an ORX and you get a lot closer because of more mph. A buddy of mine went just a week ago with a tune, tire, and ORX and ran 12.1 @ 116 in an auto.

casper gt

Established Member
The only way you're running an 11.xx in one of these autos, with full weight on Tire and DR only would be in some grossly negative DA conditions.

The only people that I've seen post about it were the people running in Atco or Cecil, in -1300ish DA conditions. Even then I'm not sure 100% it was full weight.

The auto cars don't have enough balls down low to launch harder than a high 1.8 60, and don't have the mph to make up for it to run an ET that low with just a tune and tire (full weight). The M6 cars can launch harder and get 1.6 60s which makes up for a lot.

Now, add an ORX and you get a lot closer because of more mph. A buddy of mine went just a week ago with a tune, tire, and ORX and ran 12.1 @ 116 in an auto.

my point exactly, I find it hard to believe an 11.8x a6 tire/tune only, but hey I guess anythings possible right?

since the gear/tune/bolt on/stock converter crowd (myself included) has broken every barrier that the haters have thrown down so far (ie. no converter? you'll never get out of the 12's. done. never get below an 11.75. done. never see an 11.5x. done.) I'm shure one of the more serious among us will see an 11.4x stock converter eventually, but any info is good info at this point IMO.

corepwn

Established Member
My stock converter does just fine with a TVS pushing it, even with stock gears lol!

For the people out there pushing the barriers with "xxx" mods only, it will come down to: #1 excellent weather, and #2. WR.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread