Anyone run faster than 11.80 with tune and tire?

POPSRacing

Established Member
Yes but I'm not going to lie the swap to 4.10s did pick his car up .25. He used to be a tenth slower than me. What rpm does you Guys cars shift out at in first? My 1-2 will only shift at 6500 and I feel like it is leaving some time on the table with it.
That's def. leaving something on the table.

Bmr4life

Established Member
Yes but I'm not going to lie the swap to 4.10s did pick his car up .25. He used to be a tenth slower than me. What rpm does you Guys cars shift out at in first? My 1-2 will only shift at 6500 and I feel like it is leaving some time on the table with it.

Why so low? I shift at 7200rpm out of 1st. Was 6800, but had it raised.

casper gt

Established Member

7k for me.

what times are we talking about here, as in what are you running, what is he running.

drewzx3

Established Member
7k for me.

what times are we talking about here, as in what are you running, what is he running.

Just first doesn't shift at 7k for me. I plan on going with a new tuner when I finish porting the intake. Mine is a pain to get a hold of. His mods are tune, or x, magnaflow comp catback, k springs, lca relo brackets, 295/45-17s and lca's he ran a 11.78 with a 1.80 60" and can't remember his mph. That was after a long cool down for him bc he went out first round of the bracket race. He had ran back to back 11.82s. His will shift at 7k at first but we both have the same tune. My mods are tune,lca's, or x, and axle back with 275/60-15s. I went [email protected] with a 1.90 60". His car used to be consistently .1 slower than mine.

mod girl

Established Member
I needed orx, 4:10 gear, vmp tune, and 18" drag radial on stock rims to run 11.84 @ 113 (hit rev limiter) with my 11gt a6 at New England drag way with GOOD weather. Only 1 time down track with this set up because hitting rev limiter near end of track so don't know for sure if it had anything better.

Users who are viewing this thread