Anyone run faster than 11.80 with tune and tire?

DIB5.0

Established Member
It does seem most of these 11 times are at Cecil. Such as Omcar with lund tune and dr's running 11.83 @117

casper gt

Established Member
My stock converter does just fine with a TVS pushing it, even with stock gears lol!

For the people out there pushing the barriers with "xxx" mods only, it will come down to: #1 excellent weather, and #2. WR.

real nice, had to sneak up on us with a tvs when we weren't looking, LOL.

seriously though, I think our group (4 that I know of that all have a shot) are pretty liberal, a REPEATABLE (ie. no wonder weather days, good air ok but no -2000 da b/s) .4x stock converter, streetable, plates/insurance driver, anything else (ie. w/r, etc) is fair game.

if nothing else it gives us bored old guys (I'm 46 btw) something to do before the real mods start (or the winter is over & actual racing for something other than bragging rights starts back up)

casper gt

Established Member
It does seem most of these 11 times are at Cecil. Such as Omcar with lund tune and dr's running 11.83 @117

alot of them do come from cecil, but for those guys that don't know how cecil works (not you in particular, but guys who say "cecil, not agian with the mineshaft air, etc"), the air there isn't great all the time.

I went 11.719 there in sept with 1600" da, then went an 11.803 at my 1180' natural elevation home track in Pittsbugh with also a 1600' da the following sat.

cecil isn't always neg. da or even good air for that matter.

Bmr4life

Established Member
mine went 12.2 at 113 with a 2.1 60ft.. my car is lowered so i'm thinking my LCA are out of wack and is killing my 60ft's..

I need more details on this. My car went 12.2 @ 115 with a 1.9 60ft.

Here's my PB. JLT CAI, Alum DS, O/R-H, FRPP LCA Relo Brackets, BMR LCAs, 275/40/17 MT DRs on 17x8" street rims.

Car shifted into 4th on this run so I bet that hurt me a little.

IMAG0670.jpg

Last edited:

nordy racer

Established Member
I need more details on this. My car went 12.2 @ 115 with a 1.9 60ft.

Here's my PB. JLT CAI, Alum DS, O/R-H, FRPP LCA Relo Brackets, BMR LCAs, 275/40/17 MT DRs on 17x8" street rims.

Car shifted into 4th on this run so I bet that hurt me a little.

car has CAI, O/R H pipe, 373 gears, Tune (91 gas), upper and lower CA, Mickey 275 15in rears and 17 x 3 on front Weld RT-S all the way around.. also have a two 10's subs in the trunk so a little added weight.

Last edited:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I don't know guys. If I owned an auto car my first mod would be a tune, followed by tires and a converter. Unless you are running a power adder, you are just leaving too much on the table with a stock converter. I realize it is expensive to purchase and a bitch to install, or expensive to install, but that is where the ET lies.

Mike

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
I don't know guys. If I owned an auto car my first mod would be a tune, followed by tires and a converter. Unless you are running a power adder, you are just leaving too much on the table with a stock converter. I realize it is expensive to purchase and a bitch to install, or expensive to install, but that is where the ET lies.

Mike

I agree Mike! My auto went consistent 12.8s @110 stock in 2200DA on stock tires w/ 2.0 60ft. I have since added cat deletes, ford racing x-pipe, and a tune (AED). My next trip to the track should net me some decent times. I was about to order some sticky tires, but I am re-thinking my game plan and may just wait and add the converter and tires at the same time. Although I am not a tune/tire only car, the relevance in this thread comes from learning through their efforts.

casper gt

Established Member

Mike

in looking towards the future (ie built motor/blower/etc) then yes the converter will become nessesary at some point.

as it stands now though, the undesputed fastest (but on e-85 & has very serious weight reduction) bolt on auto car is 10.96.

we all run pump gas so take away his e-85 & it's a 11.1xish car.

one (or all) of our group will get into the .4x's at some point soon on stock converters without question.

so that said, is the cost of the converter, installl, downtime sorting out the new tune/etc (& the extra cost of the breakage that will eventually occur from the harder launch) worth 3 tenths?

I'm not sold that it is just yet especially when so few of us are really pushing the limits of the stock converter, for all any of us knows mabie we'll see a .3x, hell mabie more (but mabie less).

thats why gathering data is important right now, especially shift recovery points vs. et spreads (ie. 330> 1/8th 1/8th> 1000' 1000'>1/4)

something for the auto guys to think about for shure if nothing else.

casper gt

Established Member
add to that, gears are a nessesity no matter what, there aren't any stock gear converter cars even running with the 4.10 gear stock converter cars now & most 3.31/converter cars are even with us.

Bmr4life

Established Member
car has CAI, O/R H pipe, 373 gears, Tune (91 gas), upper and lower CA, Mickey 275 15in rears and 17 x 3 on front Weld RT-S all the way around.. also have a two 10's subs in the trunk so a little added weight.

Alright. Just trying to understand how you got the same ET with less mph and a worse 60' than me. Doesn't really add up.

Last edited:

casper gt

Established Member
Alright. Just trying to understand how you would got the same ET with less mph and a worse 60' than me. Doesn't really add up.

gears/weight/tune diffrence.

you can also add weather/da into the mix.

actually for his mods, his car is a little soft where yours seem to run pretty well for it's mods.

it would be nice to see both yours & his time slips side by side but by the looks of what info there is, he needs work an his lock up schedule/torque management (shown by the 60' & the low mph), yours seems very close to what you need for your mods.

again we get back to looking at spreads on a time slip to see whats going on & why their so important.

Yagermeister

Established Member
Great times OPs friend has! Seriously! Not sure if this has been asked already but RedCandy5.0, can your friend post the full time slip so we can study the numbers?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

drewzx3

Established Member
add to that, gears are a nessesity no matter what, there aren't any stock gear converter cars even running with the 4.10 gear stock converter cars now & most 3.31/converter cars are even with us.

There cars must have a shitty tune. I dont have a converter and stock geared and my friend has 4.10's and is .15 faster than me.

casper gt

Established Member
There cars must have a shitty tune. I dont have a converter and stock geared and my friend has 4.10's and is .15 faster than me.

I'm kinda confused, your saying you on a stock converter/3.15's & your friend has a stock converter/4.10's & he's omly .15 faster than you?

that doesn't make a whole lot of sence.

Bmr4life

Established Member

You're missing caspers point. 3.15s in a NA auto is not a good gear no matter what.

3.31s with a 28" tire allow 125mph at 7500rpm in 3rd gear. 3.15s with a 28" tire is too much and will slow the car down. 4.10s with a 28" tires put you at 133mph. 4.10s with a 25.6" tire is 122mph which is close to 3.15s with a 25.6" tire (120mph), but you get the benefit of better acceleration with the 4.10s.

casper gt

Established Member
Great times OPs friend has! Seriously! Not sure if this has been asked already but RedCandy5.0, can your friend post the full time slip so we can study the numbers?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

exactly :beer:

the more data that we can accumulate the better it is for all of us.

mabie there is something small the spreads will show us.

for example I was talking with yagermeister earlier this week & I think we can agree that his time slip vs mine can show a hole here & there with boss intake cars, mabie not a fatal flaw but a blip on the radar none the less.

on our own trying to do reaserch, it may have taken forever for that to show up for just one guy trying to sort a car out.

POPSRacing

Established Member
Casper are you not running 11.71 with the same mods he is besides you having 4.10 gears? He should at least run 11.90. I seen a tuned car by Adam from POPS running 11.90 with tune/tires. He is one of Shaun's partners here in western ny.

We have a few going quicker than that, who's car was it.

Last edited:

drewzx3

Established Member
I'm kinda confused, your saying you on a stock converter/3.15's & your friend has a stock converter/4.10's & he's omly .15 faster than you?

that doesn't make a whole lot of sence.

Yes but I'm not going to lie the swap to 4.10s did pick his car up .25. He used to be a tenth slower than me. What rpm does you Guys cars shift out at in first? My 1-2 will only shift at 6500 and I feel like it is leaving some time on the table with it.

Users who are viewing this thread