Anyone running Race Star wheels?

web305

Established Member
Thinking about getting a set. Anyone have them that is running an IRS, pics and specs on them too please. Thanks

042611142449.jpg

web305

Established Member
This is the other wheel they make, which I do like but I wanted to go with something different than a traditional 5 spoke rim.

042611160116.jpg

Zacharyx

Established Member
The original ones you posted will not be out til late this year, I saw the rendering last year and did not really like it.

The 5 spoke is really popular but I have only seen 15x8s run so far with grinding, the 4.5 bs takes less grinding and should sit the same as a 15x10 6.5 bs on a SRA car. The grinding is on the tie rod end. A guy on modular fords is doing the 15x8 with 4.5 bs and should have pics up soon, I will copy and repost them when i see them

Last edited:

Zacharyx

Established Member
The new style will also be dual drilled, and not uni-lug from what I have read.
yeah they will be dual drilled, the pics he posted had in small letters, if unilug really bothers someone and it is worth the cost and time to you I have seen Race Star ship wheels undrilled ( all the wheels they sell in Australia are shipped that way )

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Ugly as shit and use the sweet 1960s Cragar style "one oval hole fits all" bolt pattern application, using an offset washer to center the wheel on the hub. Sounds pretty safe to me. I'll stick with Weld RTS wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread