Anyone using the T-56 Magnum??

SprSonicCobra03

Established Member
Sup fellas...I was just wondering if anyone is running the T56 Magnum in their Terminators. if so where would be the best place to get one? Lemme know what y'all think about them!

Thanks!!

Jefe

Established Member
Yaadman_GT will have one soon, I think hes working with MGW on a new shifter for it as well

SprSonicCobra03

Established Member
nice, will it fit right in there like the stock T-56 as far as size goes? or will modifications have to be made to it. ( like shortening the drive-shaft?) Also where did he buy his from...if you happen to know....

Jefe

Established Member
I dont know sorry, shoot him a PM, hes on here

oldmodman

Established Member
Are there any internal differences between the GT500 trans and the T-56 magnum? Other than the different shifter access plates?

SprSonicCobra03

Established Member
I think im about to order one from Jegs. My transmission is shot...I'm assuming that it will bolt right up like the stock tranny? and you wont have to shorten the driveshaft? I'll let you guys know what i think about it when i get one.

SprSonicCobra03

Established Member
Just ordered a T-56 Magnum from AMP Performance out of Pheonix, AZ. The guy to talk to is Tom. He definetly was a pleasure to deal with and all that good stuff.

For those who are looking into this upgrade. Along with buying the T-56 Magnum, you will need to get the matching bell-housing (AMP sales the tranny with it) and the stock driveshaft will need to be shortened by an inch or so, along with the yoke being changed from 27-spline to 31-spline. Luckily, AMP will sell you a Ford Racing aluminum driveshaft and do the correct modifications to it where it will be a exact fit for your Terminator. I am looking forward to see how it does... I should have it installed by next week when it comes in. So I'll post a new thread for those who might care for shits and giggles.

**Disclaimer** - I have nothing to do with AMP Performance, hell i live on the other side of the U.S. lol!! but yea i was impressed with the pricing and service, and im just tryin' to help a brotha out...:rockon:

Jroc

Established Member
Good deal!

Be sure to post feed back on how good the tranny feels. Its suppose to shift much nicer with the TR-6060 internals. The factory Cobra T56 isn't the niciest manual gearbox to row through the gears with.

viper82489

Established Member
Just ordered a T-56 Magnum from AMP Performance out of Pheonix, AZ. The guy to talk to is Tom. He definetly was a pleasure to deal with and all that good stuff.

For those who are looking into this upgrade. Along with buying the T-56 Magnum, you will need to get the matching bell-housing (AMP sales the tranny with it) and the stock driveshaft will need to be shortened by an inch or so, along with the yoke being changed from 27-spline to 31-spline. Luckily, AMP will sell you a Ford Racing aluminum driveshaft and do the correct modifications to it where it will be a exact fit for your Terminator. I am looking forward to see how it does... I should have it installed by next week when it comes in. So I'll post a new thread for those who might care for shits and giggles.

**Disclaimer** - I have nothing to do with AMP Performance, hell i live on the other side of the U.S. lol!! but yea i was impressed with the pricing and service, and im just tryin' to help a brotha out...:rockon:

How much did the whole setup cost you if you dont mind me asking?

ModularFan

Established Member
hmmmm. maybe when I get the terminator Ill get this tranny, because when I drove the GT500 with the TR6060 in it, it didn't have the notchy feel to it and it wasn't stiff or hard to shift, I wonder If this will be the same because of the 6060 internals in it. hmmmm.

ModularFan

Established Member
Is there a way you can just send the T-56 out to have the 6060 Internals put in instead of having to change the spline and driveshaft?

ModularFan

Established Member

Basically you"ll be switching it to a Viper 31 spline anyhow's is it possible to just use a Viper driveshaft instead of shortening the original. sry for the last couple of post's should have said everything I wanted in the first.

Is it possible to use a CTS-V driveshaft with a 32 spline, what does the GTO and Corvette use for driveshafts along with the viper, are they are within spec of the Mustangs? I know the Mustang is like 7.25 or something like that.

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I ordered mine today the full kit for my car bellhousing driveshaft tranny crossmember everything was 3550 shipped.. sweet deal if u ask me.. itll be here in 5 days

ModularFan

Established Member
You need a new cross member with it as well? you can't use the stock one? do you have to drill holes etc?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
well I have a 98 with a T45.. so the crossmembers are different I believe.. I've heard of people drilling holes in the existing one.. For the 04 guys this is a direct replacement I'm almost positive..

ModularFan

Established Member
well I have a 98 with a T45.. so the crossmembers are different I believe.. I've heard of people drilling holes in the existing one.. For the 04 guys this is a direct replacement I'm almost positive..

From my understanding, tremec is making another version of the magnum if I am not mistaken, because they moved the shifter back on this one. as opposed to the regular t-56, these are rumors I am not sure if its true or not.

Users who are viewing this thread