ARD's 2010 Camaro

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
Well, the 5th gen Camaro's are now out and hitting the streets. Everybody has a story of one they've seen, or sat in, or the lucky few of us that have even had the chance to drive one. BUT, there's another circle of people that have their own keen interest in the new 2010 Camaro. These are the local performance shops that want to be the first, and the fastest. It's a very competitive environment for these guys, and they all work very hard at getting the best numbers and the best times out of their respective shop cars, and we have definitely seen some very interesting developments. I've been keeping up with the progress on Advanced Racing Dynamic's 2010 SS, and this is their story.

Owen Priest of ARD picked up his 2010 SS about a month ago, and it didn't take long for the boys at the shop to get to work on this bad boy. As a matter of fact, the following modifications were made with a mere 800 miles on the odometer of this Silver Ice with black stripes 2SS/RS Camaro.

100_1100.jpg

100_1089.jpg

100_1101.jpg

100_1104.jpg

The first modification was a custom made Cold Air Induction Kit. This kit was modified from an AFE kit originally made for a Pontiac G8.

Then Owen moved on with a set of JBA shorty headers (ordered for a G8), and a custom fabbed dual exhaust. At the same time, a cam was swapped out for the car that still allowed provisions for the Displacement on Demand, as well as a Vigilante 3500 stall.

Away with the old, restrictive exhaust...

100_1042.jpg

100_1056.jpg

with big ole catalytic converters...

100_1055.jpg

and mufflers that could double as flotation devices...

100_1057.jpg

and in with the new goodies! ARD simply ordered a set of numerous mandrel bends along with some sections of straight pipe and an x pipe all from Magnaflow, with Magnaflow tips, and Borla XR-1 mufflers

100_1031.jpg

100_1061.jpg

Here's some pics of Kerry and Owen hard at work on the exhaust, while Owen shows us his BETTER side. *I promise I was only trying to get pics of the exhaust, LOL*

100_1073.jpg

100_1072.jpg

The finished product turned out nicely

100_1086.jpg

Still, this wasn't enough to break any records. That brings us to the Cold Fusion Nitrous wet kit that was added to the car, spraying a 200 shot, and running a seperate fuel tank under the hood for C-16 race fuel.

100_1101.jpg

100_1103.jpg

100_1107.jpg

The Camaro made an impressive 586hp on spray with this setup.

Initially, when the car was first sprayed on the dyno during a tuning session, they were having problems getting the window switch to work. Due to the fact that we were running short on time, and had to be at the track in a couple of hours, it was decided just to bypass the window switch and just let it spray through the gears.

[ame=http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k84/rooster99ss/sealy/?action=view&current=100_1105.flv]
th_100_1105.jpg
[/ame]

It turned out that even though this was the only option available at the time, it wasn't a good one because the 6 speed auto just wasn't working right with the nitrous spraying during the shifts, and Owen's best time at Sealy was a 12.36, hardly close to beating the record.

Fast forward through this last week, the problems with the window switch were figured out, and Owen ran a 11.549 @ 120.6mph at Houston Raceway Park in Baytown on June 5, 2009, topping the Supercharged Hennessey Camaro's current record of 11.63. These are very impressive numbers for the amount of modifications done to this VERY streetable car.

Video vs GT500
[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/dumdumdum-2010-Camaro-New-Track_687062.htm]ARD 2010 Camaro - New Track Record- Video[/ame]

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
Looks/Sounds pretty sweet!

what was up with that gt500? sounded like it spun halfway down the track..

oxford03cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
damn it had a cam, stall, exhaust and a 200 shot and it only ran a 11.5@120 thats not very impressive.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
11.5 @ 120. Pretty nice. With minimal mods and a 200 shot. Guess I've been spoiled with the success of the Terminator (and GT-500). Not taking anything away from ARD and their project Camaro. But the Camaro just doesn't get me excited like the Terminator does. Or GT-500 for that matter. If anything, it reminds us how easy it is to modify the Terminator (and GT-500) to make 500-600+ rwhp, and how easy it is to get into the 10s. Long live the mighty Terminator. :rockon:

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
damn it had a cam, stall, exhaust and a 200 shot and it only ran a 11.5@120 thats not very impressive.

The cam is probably somewhat mild as it still enables the use of Displacement on Demand...it also has shorty headers which don't do much for LS motors....with more seat time this car will run more impressive times

11.5 @ 120. Pretty nice. With minimal mods and a 200 shot. Guess I've been spoiled with the success of the Terminator (and GT-500). Not taking anything away from ARD and their project Camaro. But the Camaro just doesn't get me excited like the Terminator does. Or GT-500 for that matter. If anything, it reminds us how easy it is to modify the Terminator (and GT-500) to make 500-600+ rwhp, and how easy it is to get into the 10s. Long live the mighty Terminator. :rockon:

I was waiting for these comments. It's the only reason I posted this info :beer:

Last edited:

SVTGTI3

Established Member
its not even the LS3, the autos get the L99s so thats pretty quick for the mods it has, 200 shot tho that crazy hahaha

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Dam i would have expected more.. 120trap seems kinda low for a 200 shot and full exhaust considering they trap 110-111 stock?

OneFastSnake

Established Member
Still gotta remember that the car is a boat its heavier than shit, but still i was expecting higher numbers with race fuel and 200 shot.

Users who are viewing this thread