ARH Headers 1 3/4 or 1 7/8??

Van@RevanRacing

1 7/8 ARH Long Tubes with Off Road H Pipe IN STOCK at Revan Racing!!

Best size and fitment for these cars an no issues lowering the motor.

Van

Bad Company

Established Member
1 7/8 ARH Long Tubes with Off Road H Pipe IN STOCK at Revan Racing!!

Best size and fitment for these cars an no issues lowering the motor.

Van
Van

What about the 2" diameter tubes and lowering the engine 1/2". Does this cause interference issues with the steering wheel shaft or other parts of the car?

JimIII@jdm

For a car making under 700 HP the best option is 1 3/4" this will give you the most mid range performance and keep your torque in a useable RPM band.

1 7/8" shift the power curve over so you will make more top end power, great for a race car or dyno numbers but on a street car if you are under 800 HP you will actually lose power and torque under the curve compared to 1 3/4"

Bigger isn't always better, you have to "tune" the exhaust system to your engines power level. Some people may want to build for the future but realistically most '13-'14 GT500 owners are between 600-750 HP at the tires... All you need and what is going to feel best seat of the pant's is 1 3/4". If your intentions are to put a bigger blower on the car and make 800+ RWHP then I would say 1 7/8" all day long.

My last words on this topic, go catless or go with a Kooks system if you need cats. I've seen too many other systems cats fail and clog the exhaust and/or damage sensors from the cat melting and unraveling. I've seen the Kooks high flow cats fail but they turn into dust and shoot out the tail pipes. However their Green cats are bad ass and we've used them on 800+ RWHP cars to Pass NJ/NY state inspection which has adopted CA standards.

JimIII

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

Van

What about the 2" diameter tubes and lowering the engine 1/2". Does this cause interference issues with the steering wheel shaft or other parts of the car?

Yes. Even more so when one spaces the k-member down for hood clearance. Steering Shaft modification and indentation of the headers.

Bad Company

Established Member
Yes. Even more so when one spaces the k-member down for hood clearance. Steering Shaft modification and indentation of the headers.
Thanks Van. I was told that there would be issues, but I didn't trust the source of the info. I was thinking of stepping up, but I'll just stay with what I have with your answer.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Mine is an '07, but I'm running 2" ARH's with a BMR 1/2" lowering Kmember, and 1/2" Kmember spacers (for a full 1" drop), and I have zero interference issues with the headers or steering shaft. Maybe the electric steering repositions the steering shaft just enough that it interferes?

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Does ARH (or others) sell a 1-3/4 or 1-7/8 system that is CA legal (CARB) for us living in the nanny state?

Sadly, we don't have as many *open minded* inspection stations like we used to.

Kooks have what they call green cats that are emissions friendly.

Van@RevanRacing

Does ARH (or others) sell a 1-3/4 or 1-7/8 system that is CA legal (CARB) for us living in the nanny state?

Sadly, we don't have as many *open minded* inspection stations like we used to.

Nobody offers a completely CARB legal solution for any state with Long Tube Headers. However, I do have a solution that would work for you. American Racing 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers with Removable Catalytic Converters and Off Road Elbows.

So it becomes inspection time. Install the catalytic converters. Flash the PCM with the Emissions Systems Armed tune. Run one tank of gas through the car with some long duration trips to trigger the rear O2's to go into COT protection. Get your Sticker.

Go back to the house or the shop and re-install the off road elbows and re-flash with the off road exhaust tune and head back to the road course and enjoy yourself and your car without catalytic converters! I have one of these systems in stock!!

Wingrider

Established Member
Nobody offers a completely CARB legal solution for any state with Long Tube Headers. However, I do have a solution that would work for you. American Racing 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers with Removable Catalytic Converters and Off Road Elbows.

The last time you and I were on the phone we talked about these Van and I'm going ARH. Yes I'm planning on their 1-7/8's catted H and off road H to swap back and forth into the '11 GT500 mufflers. I want to do this at the same time I put a new SC on the car. That big pop is getting closer but not probably for 3 mos.

Still a bit concerned about the visual on the headers. That's a different issue that I'll sort out tho that won't stop me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread