At Austin Cars & Coffee Yesterday

93SVTvenom

Established Member
Thanks for posting the pics ... Cant wait to get back to the states and attend some of these myself ... Don't get me wrong Japan has a few cool cars too but after 5 years I miss good ole American Muscle = )

jsimmonstx

Established Member
Everything is usual and customary at ATX C&C... cmon OP even you dont believe that - those AC's themselves speak for themselves!

First, I took pictures of the cars I liked (and the corvette at the end was by request of the owner).

Second, I was referring to the s197 Mustangs. I even said "the other S197 Mustangs were typical *to me*" (notice the pictures of the Cobras). It's hard to be impressed with stock Mustangs when I'm driving something almost totally unique. I'm not trying to brag or boast, but I think you'd have to do something way off the beaten track to impress me with another S197 at this point. As an example, a motor like this in a S197 impresses me:

[video=youtube;TgFpjQzeC28]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgFpjQzeC28[/video]

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I totally agree that the road you took with your '12 Mustang is really unique. And well done!! I had to look twice when I saw the air filter. Then the more I read the more impressed I became. You, sir, have an awesome and unique Mustang! :beer:

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Thanks for posting the other pics too. You just have to realize when you do a post titled Cars and Coffee.... people expect to see cars.... not a car.
Nice ride!

jsimmonstx

Established Member
Thanks for posting the other pics too. You just have to realize when you do a post titled Cars and Coffee.... people expect to see cars.... not a car.
Nice ride!

Showing respect and asking about other pics is completely different than being a prick (Serpent) about it.

jsimmonstx

Established Member
During the drive from SA to Austin

This is me
me_on_i35.jpg

This is my buddy with the Boss
chris_boss_01.jpg

ferfont1

Established Member
Is this on the first saturday of each month? Where is the event at in Austin? There are too many idiots in Houston so we havent had one in 4-5 months, i'd like to check out this one in Austin.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Props to being original! I gotta say though I'd much rather stick a coyote in an older mustang. Than Windsor in a new one, how she do vs. the boss ?

jsimmonstx

Established Member
Is this on the first saturday of each month? Where is the event at in Austin? There are too many idiots in Houston so we havent had one in 4-5 months, i'd like to check out this one in Austin.

San Antonio is 2nd Saturday (at Lowe's in The Rim shopping center (Loop 1604/IH10), and Austin is 2nd Sunday (at The Oasis at Lake Travis).

jsimmonstx

Established Member
Props to being original! I gotta say though I'd much rather stick a coyote in an older mustang. Than Windsor in a new one, how she do vs. the boss ?

Mine out-pulls the Boss all the way up the RPM range - we're thinking it has about 150 more lbft of torque.

jsimmonstx

Established Member
Bet money there's a turbo 5.3 in that foxbody.

Another guy got a pic of the engine (I can't get over how many holes are in the engine compartment, and I'll mention that I think the OEM Fox engine compartment is one of the worst thought-out abominations I've seen in a Mustang):
cnc_fox.jpg

Last edited:

adidasUNT8

Established Member
Ahh you're right, didn't pay much attention.. Lol..

You taking your Z out to Cabelas this weekend? A few of us might head up that way..

I'll probably go to the late meet with some friends, but the Z is in surgery right now and won't be out for another 2-3 weeks most likely. :(

This is a big weekend... too bad a few of the austin cars are down right now...

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member
I'll probably go to the late meet with some friends, but the Z is in surgery right now and won't be out for another 2-3 weeks most likely. :(

This is a big weekend... too bad a few of the austin cars are down right now...

Well that sucks.. 2-3 weeks feels like forever when events are passing by..

We'll probably be out there around 8-9pm..

Hope to catch up with you guys

Users who are viewing this thread