At What Speed do you just say screw it...

JST A HDA

Established Member
They ought to. "If" that officer decided to take the taxpayers cruiser THAT fast and ENDANGER society FURTHER ..... "If" something were to happen, your PD and local media/community would be all over you guys.

.... I'm biting my tongue so hard, waiting for a "law enforcements" comments. Would prefer a mature one over the age of at least 35 please ..... Smaller community cop should understand more of what I said VS a big city cop.

Sooooooo lets say a popo is behind a car...runs the plate or whatever the case may be...comes back that he has a warrant for murder out of somewhere....you try and pull the car over...then boom chase is on. Person is in a car capable of doing 120,130 and does that trying to get away. I shouldn't stay up and behind the person even if that involves doing 130+?

Well I hope no cop gives hi speed chase and hurts an innocent person during this selfish pursuit. The authorities should no when to draw the line, if they don't they don't belong in that profession.

So the idiot hauling ass is ok if he smashes into someone and causes a death? :bored:

If I knew about a punk smart ass officer going THAT fast (endangering the public X2), driving MY cruiser (YES, MY tax dollars) .... I'd raise holy hell. I know many officers in various local PD's ... One a captain, he says (I've asked him "what if - speeding questions) his boys have 60 (or 90 seconds) to call in and get "permission" to pursue, and 98% of the time I tell them NOT to (as long as no other cars are involved, not involved in a crime, etc, .... Said "it's you VS the deer .... Knock yourself out"). We also discussed hot headed cops cops (young and old), are the first to get FIRED. Says it creates too much unwanted and negative public perception ... Nothing more of a headache then a young cop, or even a older one with a chip on his shoulder. My punk ass, change the world neighbor kid cop (long since been fired now), tried to nail me one night on a multitude of charges including fleeing. OK for him and his daddy (still lives at home) to do John Force style burnouts in front of their house. So, long story short, let's just say I MADE him follow me home one night ... And yes, ALL charges were dropped instantly, oh wait ... Bargained a 10 dollar "equipment violation". My point is: you younger, change the world cops .... Watch your ass and don't forget who pays your salary. Wanna get ballsy, got a real set between your legs ? ...... Go pull over a carload of "animals" on the south side of town ... Quit picking of the pretty boys (sober and clean) going a few MPH over.

I don't think some of you cops will ever get it, or will come back highly defensive at me. Before you do, take ONE minute to think about my (our) taxpayers and upright citizens perspective.

Basically what I'm saying is, you want to change your community ? .... Quit picking on "well to do" speeders, and go use your "profiling skills" and get out there and make a difference (again, if you got the balls). I know some of you like to power trip on us "well to do" middle/upper class .... Step outside your realm and make a difference.

Now, my turn to get flamed .... But don't let your emotions blind what I just said, because "some" of it may hold some validity.

I just got a headache reading your post. Talk about random sentences all over the place.

mrose75

Established Member
If I knew about a punk smart ass officer going THAT fast (endangering the public X2), driving MY cruiser (YES, MY tax dollars) .... I'd raise holy hell. I know many officers in various local PD's ... One a captain, he says (I've asked him "what if - speeding questions) his boys have 60 (or 90 seconds) to call in and get "permission" to pursue, and 98% of the time I tell them NOT to (as long as no other cars are involved, not involved in a crime, etc, .... Said "it's you VS the deer .... Knock yourself out"). We also discussed hot headed cops cops (young and old), are the first to get FIRED. Says it creates too much unwanted and negative public perception ... Nothing more of a headache then a young cop, or even a older one with a chip on his shoulder. My punk ass, change the world neighbor kid cop (long since been fired now), tried to nail me one night on a multitude of charges including fleeing. OK for him and his daddy (still lives at home) to do John Force style burnouts in front of their house. So, long story short, let's just say I MADE him follow me home one night ... And yes, ALL charges were dropped instantly, oh wait ... Bargained a 10 dollar "equipment violation". My point is: you younger, change the world cops .... Watch your ass and don't forget who pays your salary. Wanna get ballsy, got a real set between your legs ? ...... Go pull over a carload of "animals" on the south side of town ... Quit picking of the pretty boys (sober and clean) going a few MPH over.

I don't think some of you cops will ever get it, or will come back highly defensive at me. Before you do, take ONE minute to think about my (our) taxpayers and upright citizens perspective.

Basically what I'm saying is, you want to change your community ? .... Quit picking on "well to do" speeders, and go use your "profiling skills" and get out there and make a difference (again, if you got the balls). I know some of you like to power trip on us "well to do" middle/upper class .... Step outside your realm and make a difference.

Now, my turn to get flamed .... But don't let your emotions blind what I just said, because "some" of it may hold some validity.

If you're wrong, you're wrong. You shouldn't be let off for speeding, especially triple digits, because you're "well to do" middle/upper class"... "animals" and "pretty boys"?? That's the stupidest sh!t I've read all day. Your tax dollars? So you can do whatever the f*ck you want? It's selfish "well to do" middle/upper class" retards that think something is owed to them because they've enjoyed some success at life. And anyone who doesn't have as many zeros in the bank account is a second class citizen. Go gent bent, clown! :kaboom: Stupid sh!t like that is what is handicapping the LEOs from doing their job. But let those "animals" come around and catch you off guard. Then it'll be "why didn't the police arrest him when his tail light was out 2 weeks ago?" GTFO!!

Last edited by a moderator:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
So the idiot hauling ass is ok if he smashes into someone and causes a death? :bored:

The fact is if he is running, he is being pushed by the cops. Common sense must be used or yes the cops are liable to the injured party, in my mind anyway.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member

I got a headache reading this rambling crap. MY tax dollars and MY cruiser BS. Grow up! Take it to smack down since you have an issue with law enforcement.

mrose75

Established Member
Lol so police should never pursue if someone runs?.. seems like a great system.

Agreed. Let's just let the "animals from the south side of town" :)rollseyes) who run, go scott free. Let's not hold anyone accountable because "my tax dollars" pay police officers checks and pay for "my" police cruiser.

Granted, if it's for a broken tail light or an unpaid parking ticket, there is no need to do 125 through city streets to catch someone. But who runs because of a parking ticket?

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Your PD has no issues with you doing 140-150+?

Nope.

I am a taxpayer, too. And I am driving the cruiser that MY tax dollars pay for, also. I am highly satisfied with my driving abilities at ANY speed. It is what I am TRAINED to do. Now, taxpayer, make a difference and go pick on the corrupt politicians that YOUR tax dollars pay.

I do not have to ask permission to pursue anybody. Now, if a supervisor above me wants me to terminate my pursuit, then I will gladly oblige that order. My job is to catch suspects, not to let them get away.

I pay my own salary as a taxpayer. So, I guess if you, as a taxpayer, gets me fired, I will just rehire myself. :beer:

Again, LEO's are taxpayers too. Let's not lose sight of the fact that not only are we taxpayers, but we collect our paycheck from the same employer that we pay taxes to. I guess that gives us more pull that just the average taxpayer?

They ought to. "If" that officer decided to take the taxpayers cruiser THAT fast and ENDANGER society FURTHER ..... "If" something were to happen, your PD and local media/community would be all over you guys.

.... I'm biting my tongue so hard, waiting for a "law enforcements" comments. Would prefer a mature one over the age of at least 35 please ..... Smaller community cop should understand more of what I said VS a big city cop.

I am well over 35. So, if I am on midnight shift on a lonely stretch of highway, and a car comes through RADAR in excess of 100MPH, I will need to run AT LEAST 140 to catch that vehicle in a reasonable distance. If it is only that car and me out there, how am I endangering society further. Now, WHEN I catch up to that vehicle, run the tag, and the car is stolen, and is suspected to be stolen by a murder suspect, am I to quit that pursuit for the safety of other people who may or may not be present on the roadway? And BTW, I am neither a small community LEO or big city LEO.

This ^

If you're wrong, you're wrong. You shouldn't be let off for speeding, especially triple digits, because you're "well to do" middle/upper class"... "animals" and "pretty boys"?? That's the stupidest sh!t I've read all day. Your tax dollars? So you can do whatever the f*ck you want? It's selfish "well to do" middle/upper class" retards that think something is owed to them because they've enjoyed some success at life. And anyone who doesn't have as many zeros in the bank account is a second class citizen. Go gent bent, clown! :kaboom: Stupid sh!t like that is what is handicapping the LEOs from doing their job. But let those "animals" come around and catch you off guard. Then it'll be "why didn't the police arrest him when his tail light was out 2 weeks ago?" GTFO!!

BINGO! Laws are put in place for the safety of ALL people. I will be the first to admit I have to enforce laws I may not agree with, BUT because I am sworn to enforce them, then I will. The great thing is that I have discretion in how to enforce them. In my eyes, nobody is above the law, I don't care how much money you have, or political pull you have. Bottom line is, you break the law, I enforce it.

The fact is if he is running, he is being pushed by the cops. Common sense must be used or yes the cops are liable to the injured party, in my mind anyway.

Not always the case. The LEO's are held accountable to an extent, BUT the fault still falls on the idiot that ran to begin with. People just don't run without reason to run.

OJ Simpson sure would have liked it this way. :lol1:

I got a headache reading this rambling crap. MY tax dollars and MY cruiser BS. Grow up! Take it to smack down since you have an issue with law enforcement.

Passing you some BC Powders brother! They always work well against these types of headaches.

Agreed. Let's just let the "animals from the south side of town" :)rollseyes) who run, go scott free. Let's not hold anyone accountable because "my tax dollars" pay police officers checks and pay for "my" police cruiser.

Granted, if it's for a broken tail light or an unpaid parking ticket, there is no need to do 125 through city streets to catch someone. But who runs because of a parking ticket?

Agreed. People do not run unless they have a reason to run. And I love how certain posters think LEO's should be held to a higher standard yet want them to go out and profile. Cracks me up.

Last edited:

JST A HDA

Established Member

That's gotta be the dumbest thing I have heard in a long time. The cops are pushing the person to flee? So even though the person in the car said in their head "IM going to run from this cop"....its still the popo pushing the person to flee?

:xpl::poke::bash::nonono::burn::pop:

Last edited:

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
:pop::pop:

Really just wanted to know the procedures set in place for Law Enforcement when it comes down to high speed pursuit. I know state to state its different.

I didn't make this thread to watch it turn into a Cop bashing thread.

I could care less what Cops do or don't do.. AS LONG AS they stay with in the confines of Constitutional Law... They are doing their Job and thats that.

JST A HDA

Established Member

Really just wanted to know the procedures set in place for Law Enforcement when it comes down to high speed pursuit. I know state to state its different.

I could care less what Cops do or don't do.. AS LONG AS they stay with in the confines of Constitutional Law... They are doing their Job and thats that.

My departments rules are "don't chase in the SUV". Now that we don't have a SUV....you run, you get chased and ran down.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
My departments rules are "don't chase in the SUV". Now that we don't have a SUV....you run, you get chased and ran down.

Same here. We don't have a lot of SUV's on patrol. Mostly supervisors will have them.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
I was doing 136 on I75 in Florida at about 3AM when the detector blew up the same time I saw and FHP car in the opposite lane. (no one around, near a lighted overpass)It didn't even phase the guy, we looked right at each other. Fortunately for me because I've only ever done that twice in my 56 year old life. I assume he was a car guy.
In any case, you may outrun the cop, but you'll never outrun the Motorola.
I was in a firehouse when I /we heard the "whoomp! whoomp! of cars going past, we just got up and went to the truck, sure enough about 30 seconds later the alarm went off. Seems the bad guy knew that SPPD had a no chase policy but he was nabbed by the "Star Man" (the name given by the local Democrats to the sheriff's office after the riots in 1996..also know as "5 points" for the stars on their cars).
Anyway we ended up cutting him out of the car after he wrapped a stolen Monte Carlo around a concrete light pole, after cutting down another one. Sort of humorous when he started screaming "You ain't supposed to be chasing me!" then as the pain got worse it went to "I don't wanna die here!"...relax douchebag.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member

Every agency has it's own pusuit policy. I don't think any state sets any sort of guidelines for pursuits.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
I was involved in another incident from a PD chase where the city was sued. In Fla the municipalities are limited to 100K in liability ( a firetruck was negligent as well in yet another case, and the bill stopped at 100K as well) However, in the PD case the circumstances were enough to cause the state legislators to raise that umbrella and the victim was awarded over 2 million dollars. That was a one time deal though, each incident is taken on it's own merits, normally it's 100k.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I've been lucky my one time. Cruise was set at about 125, I crested a slight incline and two state troopers were sitting in the middle. I never tapped, and they never even moved. :eek: :bowdown:

Orlando has(maybe had) that policy.

This story went somewhat viral a few years ago. A local guy's 01 bullitt got stolen. Some car guys spot it the next day. They post up, and now even more people are looking for it. They spot it again, call the cops, but the dude takes off at like 120+mph, and the police at the time had a no chase policy. The same thing happened like 3 days later. Finally a few more days later it's spotted in a parking lot. Cops are called, but the dude comes back to the car. People box him in, he slammed into liek 4-5 people's cars, and then took off on foot, getting away.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Since it has already been quoted I will leave this post.

However, I would suggest you read the guidelines of posting in this section.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Assuming the suspect isn't wanted for or suspected in another crime, I think chasing in excess of 120-130MPH is stupid! But then I understand you don't know the suspect and his background without chasing and apprehending. I'm thinking more linear here; car guy, modest horsepower car, open roads and 130ish plus. Not a hardcore criminal smuggling drugs or anything like that.

oneslo5.0

Established Member
I am stopping....radios are fast as shit.

I know around here the police wont give chase over 100, but alot to the OP's story I was heading to the beach LATE at night(3:30) and passes a cop at 115, went by and saw him pull out. Before he even caught me I had pulled over and he pulled up behind me and asked "why did you stop?" and I told him "I was FLYING, you saw me and no reason to keep going" and his response "slow it down, have a good day bud...thanks for stopping" and that was a cool thing for me.

blackvette101

Established Member

we have that policy here mostly for officers own protection. Those crown vics have no business going 100+ mph it is an family sedan. And it is the number one cause of LEO death's here. No chase unless it's a violent felony.

Users who are viewing this thread