ATTN All Paxton Owners

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I was reading somewhere on this forum that the bpv recirculates already metered air back into the the intake and this is necessary with this type of setup. If this is the case how is a bpv block off used with the new bov, since the bov doesn't recirculate the already metered air?

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Looks like I will be calling you to order up the big red today Eric

ok cool give me a call and we will get it made. I can ship end of the week

I was reading somewhere on this forum that the bpv recirculates already metered air back into the the intake and this is necessary with this type of setup. If this is the case how is a bpv block off used with the new bov, since the bov doesn't recirculate the already metered air?

On a draw threw MAF setup you need to recirculate. On a blow threw like a 2011 GT you can vent out and have no issue.

pohnjarker

Established Member
finally got to watch the videos and I like the Tial. I now regret telling the wife I wouldn't buy any more car parts until I come home in November....Doh

will be ordering as soon as I do though, Tial welded on and stock bov block off!!

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Yea here is the picture of the block offs

JPCBlock2__34331.1371050288.1280.1280.png

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
that looks good, once I correct my wheel hop issue Im gonna have to check this out.

I noticed on my stock bypass it flutters when its releasing boost....is that not normal?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
that looks good, once I correct my wheel hop issue Im gonna have to check this out.

I noticed on my stock bypass it flutters when its releasing boost....is that not normal?

Yes that's normal , i dont like the sound but it is quieter then most bpv's, but with the block off and the tial , you will hear the sound of air releasing no flutter but its louder. I want this mod but i want to get my headers on first then i will get the blockoff and the tial, really like the sound of the tial bov!

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Yes that's normal , i dont like the sound but it is quieter then most bpv's, but with the block off and the tial , you will hear the sound of air releasing no flutter but its louder. I want this mod but i want to get my headers on first then i will get the blockoff and the tial, really like the sound of the tial bov!

o ok just checking, yeah i was thinkn the tial sounded pretty legit :beer:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Ok i was just out looking at what's involved with installing the new pipe with the welded tial on it. Looks as simple as removing the pipe that has the current bpv. After you get the pipe out install the new pipe with the block off plate connect the vacuum line and your done! Is this correct? Or am i talking about 2 different pipes?

Last edited:

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Ok i was just out looking at what's involved with installing the new pipe with the welded tial on it. Looks as simple as removing the pipe that has the current bpv. After you get the pipe out install the new pipe with the block off plate connect the vacuum line and your done! Is this correct? Or am i talking about 2 different pipes?

No..

The block off will install on the stock pipe that has the stock BOV. This pipe in connected to the blower.

Our Pipe will replace the aluminum 90 right under where the stock bov is.

Its about a 10 min install to get the tial installed. The block off plate is alittle more involved.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
No..

The block off will install on the stock pipe that has the stock BOV. This pipe in connected to the blower.

Our Pipe will replace the aluminum 90 right under where the stock bov is.

Its about a 10 min install to get the tial installed. The block off plate is alittle more involved.

Yea I'd like to kick in someone's teeth for putting the bpv there grrr.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Its probably better to use both the bpv and the tial 50mm bov together. The tial will likely drown out the sound of the stock bpv anyway. Also you have 2 avenues to vent pressure which will lead to a more efficient s/c...

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Its probably better to use both the bpv and the tial 50mm bov together. The tial will likely drown out the sound of the stock bpv anyway. Also you have 2 avenues to vent pressure which will lead to a more efficient s/c...

If you did this would you just t the vac line to both bovs would that have any effect on boost/ vac reading on a gauge.

Users who are viewing this thread