• Automatic

Votes: 56 24.9%
  • Manual

Votes: 169 75.1%

• Total voters

Mach Daddy

Life Is Mach1derful !!!
Established Member

Some people love the auto and race them very well. My personal pref was the stick. Both of them are fun to drive. :)

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
If your a track guy and like an auto, then that's fine, but on the street, an auto sucks!

RacineRacing

Established Member
drove a 03 Mach auto with a B&M hammer shifter...its fun to drive plus its the way to go if you are into bracket

99GTCONV

Established Member
XR4Turbo said:
You guys have manuals in your machs or autos? My mom has an Auto (only one they had on the lot)

I owned a automatic Mustang gt convertible before my mach 1 and it was fun to drive but it got told to me even after i put gears and a superchip in it to adjust the shift quickness and shift firmness. Oh and I was constantly losing to five speeds on the interstate because even with the amount of mods i had which were quite extensive.

When it came to the mach 1 i drove an automatic and it felt sluggish to me, I was like durn this thing really needs a chip and gears. I mean it had top end power but no low end power and the automatic tranny made it seems worse on the low end.

I drove the 5-speed mach 1 and it felt much better and I am extremely happy with my purchase. I feel as though this car gives me a "driving experience" every time i get in it. Where before I just felt like i was driving.

Just my input if you have any questions email me cause i have experience with automatic mustangs and 5-speeds has i've owned 4 mustangs myself and have driven many others.

DeVus32V

Seriously
Established Member
Mach is a 5-speed and the DD is too. Only way to fly.

I can see wanting an auto as a DD, but I don't have a commute in stop n' go traffic, so it doesn't really bother me. Actually, the only way I have any sort of power in mine is to leave it in a low gear and wing it. lol. 4 cycl. of Honda performance. I've got the power curve down to a science in that thing.

burnout.gif

67bigblock

Established Member
The Mach w/ 5 speed is rough enough that it reminds me of a balanced and blueprinted CRAZY azz built 302 stang a buddy of mine had way back when,..........and it throws me back like a 911 turbo.
They are fast and feel even faster,...thats why I like it and it wouldnt feel the same with an auto.

03 OxfordMach1

Mustang Freak
Established Member
You guys are being pretty rough on the Autos, I promise you that their not that bad. I've enjoyed mine and have had no problems or issues with the car at all.

To me I think the auto vs manual question leads to the answer of: it is the drivers preference. Some people like auto cars and others would rather have the manual.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
I had a 98 Cobra with a 5 speed. Now I have an 04 Marauder. As you may be aware, we share a very similar drive train. I am very happy with the auto. A shift kit is in the future, but with the reprograming I have, the shifts are much inproved.

Users who are viewing this thread